Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Ring them first though, it was before Xmas that I picked it up in there.

Although, McHugh's is always worth a visit anyway.

It's on the Malahide Rd, oppoiste the Goblet pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Andre Salmon

Its not too far from me, haven't popped in for a while as lilac wine is closer.
    As you say its always worth a visit so will check.
    thanks again

Would you mind posting back and letting me know if they still have it, you've put me in the mood for a bottle or two of their Black

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Had a glass of Rogue Shakespare Stout on tap in the Salt House.

It was, in fairness, good but not great, like a lot of Rogue seem to be all fur coat and no knickers. Some of them are very nice but most of them are just "meh" and massively over hyped.
    I thought their brutal ipa was blah as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Mo14 wrote: »
    Just finished an Adnams Sole Star, I mainly picked this up out of curiosity when I saw it was only 2.7% abv. It was very 'so-so' to my tastes.

I had a bottle last night, thought it was very nice, one of the nicest I've had in a while anyway. It was only when I was reading the bottle while waiting for the kettle to boil later that I realised it was a low alcohol drink.

• Advertisement

Would you mind posting back and letting me know if they still have it, you've put me in the mood for a bottle or two of their Black

yep will do

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Any sign of the Dungarvan Pale ale hitting the shelves?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Any sign of the Dungarvan Pale ale hitting the shelves?

The Mahon Falls stuff? I know Bradley's in Cork got it in yesterday, so I'd imagine that it should start appearing in other places pretty soon.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

They're doing a meet-the-brewer in Baggot Street Wines tomorrow, 6.30 to 8.30. If there's none in evidence I think you're legally allowed shake them by the ankles.

No dice I'm afraid. They remembered having them but no plans to get them again. Was cheerfully told the range they had last time too, twisting the knife really!

• Advertisement

No dice I'm afraid. They remembered having them but no plans to get them again. Was cheerfully told the range they had last time too, twisting the knife really!

Ah well.

Did you pick up anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭squonk

Having a Rogue Shakespeare here at the moment. Disappointing. Very nice at the start but it's falling down a bit towards the end of the glass. Had better really.

Ah well.

Did you pick up anything else?

Nothing fancy really, O'Hara IPA and a fullers london pride.
    was sulking so didnt want to look around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Having a Meantime London Porter for the first time tonight.
    Very nice but I'm coming down with a cold and am exhausted after a few hectic days so not enjoying it as much as I should. :(

I'll just have to pick up another bottle tomorrow and drink it when I'm better. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

BeerNut wrote: »
    Okay. Well in that case you're flying blind.

Sorry I asked

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

had the Mahon Falls Rye last night in the bull and castle. it's good, but i think the Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye is tastier.

I'm in Farringtons having a Shandon, but spotted a Metalman Chameleon tap, called Equinox. Barman told a tourist it is a "light Irish lager".

I got curious and asked for a sample.

He wasn't wrong! It's very mildly flavoured. He said there was orange, coriander and something else in it, and on the board it's labelled a Wheat Lager.

No idea why Metalman went to the bother, none of those flavours are noticeable, it's like rebadged Bud

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

1795 Original Czech Lager

2311.jpeg

A quickly disappearing head. Nothing particularly distinctive about the beer flavourwise.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Passenger wrote: »
    1795 Original Czech Lager

2311.jpeg

A quickly disappearing head. Nothing particularly distinctive about the beer flavourwise.

It sure doesn't look remarkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Rogue Hazelnut Ale is delicious. The hazelnut factor is so subtle that it's the rest of the merits of the brown ale that shine through, mostly.

Trying the Mikkeler Brew Dog Imperial Pale Ale. It's like Punk IPA with a Mikkeler feel. But stronger. Doesnt taste too sharp for a 9.5%. Decent.

• Advertisement

Picked up 4 bottles of brownbag Dr Rudi in Marino
    I thought this was finished so very pleased with my find

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Shepherd Neame Double Stout. Really nice beer. Best I've had that brewery, which wouldn't be difficult in fairness.

Picked up 4 bottles of brownbag Dr Rudi in Marino
    I thought this was finished so very pleased with my find

They have loads of this in Farringtons

They have loads of this in Farringtons

Yeah i was suprised as i thought it was gone and even asked them on twitter if they were still doing it. Was under the impression they said it was finished?
    Guess not, offie guy said he expects to keep getting it anyway.
    Looking forward to next offering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

Trying some Tyskie later.

I've noticed that it's the version that's brewed in the U.K so I assume it won't be as nice as the Polish brewed stuff.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Straffe Hendrik 11

Awesome quadrupel.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/483558_10151863130499251_760224020_n.jpg

I'll have to get this again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Tonight a comparison between St Peters old porter, St Peters cream stout, Guinness Foreign extra and O'Haras Leann Follain. Was surprised to prefer St Peters old porter over their stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭ronano

Dr Rudi Belgian Style Ale

enjoyed it far more than expected, unsure if it's just freshness of it or what

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

Svturys Ekstra

Not bad ....... not bad at all......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Shepherd Neame Double Stout. Really nice beer. Best I've had that brewery, which wouldn't be difficult in fairness.

I love it. A bar I drink in sells it as well as the IPA which is nothing to write about, but yeah, that stout is great.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement