Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Trappistes Rochefort 10.

Oh hell yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Metalman Pale Ale on cask in The Abbot's.
    Holy hop sacks! this is good beer.
    I think this just might be the perfect pint.
    Gorgeous!!
    Did I say I like this beer on cask?
    €4 a pint.
    Lovely.:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I had a pint of Sthuff last night, the new house beer at the Swagman pub in Sligo.

Also, O'Hara's Leann Follian = 5.00.

And Heidelberger pils.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

My new favourite Belgian beer:
    Houblon Chouffe Dobbelen IPA Tripel.

Lovely spicey hit on the lips followed by a few hops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Metalman Pale Ale on cask in The Abbot's.
    Holy hop sacks! this is good beer.
    I think this just might be the perfect pint.
    Gorgeous!!
    Did I say I like this beer on cask?
    €4 a pint.
    Lovely.:D:D:D:D

I'm there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Was down at the irish craft beer village yesterday.
    Had Leann folain on cask, some touble sabotage Ipa on cask, metalman pale ale and Kindred spirit from 8 degrees.
    In trouble sabotage, Ive found an IPA that I actually like but the Kindred Spirit stole the show for me. Really hope it isnt a one off brew for the festival and will see it in bottles as well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Scortho wrote: »
    Really hope it isnt a one off brew for the festival
    It's currently on tap in Farrington's and WJ Kavanagh's I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Heading to the Black Sheep on Saturday for the first time. Starting to get thirsty already.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭baron von something

bought a couple of bottles of xingu brazilian dark beer to try tonite

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Heady Topper - number one rated beer on Beer Advocate right now. Brought a 4 pack home with me from Vermont.

nS0iwACl.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

About to head home and open a De Molen 'Amarillo'. Mmmmm. Hope it's still ok after sitting in my cellar for two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Having some porterhouse hophead. It's very nice. But I've different labels on the bottles. One is the foil label and the other is a more traditional paper label. I'm not a fan of the foil label, so I'm hoping they have changed to the more traditional label. Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I am having a pint of Shtuff in the Swagman. New house beer. Good value. Grand beer. No strong taste sensation, but goes down easy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Son0vagun wrote: »
    I'm hoping they have changed to the more traditional label. Anyone know?
    The paper labels are the new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Libertine Black Ale from Brew dog in my glass at the moment. very smooth and doesn't taste like a 7.2% beer but really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭baron von something

have a couple of bottles of asahi lager and porterhouse hersbrucker pilsner for tonite.anybody know where i can get bottles of vienna dark beer.the only place i can find it is on draught in the porterhouse

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

have a couple of bottles of asahi lager and porterhouse hersbrucker pilsner for tonite.anybody know where i can get bottles of vienna dark beer.the only place i can find it is on draught in the porterhouse
    It's not available in bottles. I think it's only a seasonal, or at least it's too new to be in bottles yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Sorachi ace last night, was nice but not worth the money imo. A bottle of westy shall be had tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Weinhestenphaner dunkel 1 euro each in tesco celbridge.
    Best before the 19th of march.
    Anyone now what this is like after the best before?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Scortho wrote: »
    Weinhestenphaner dunkel 1 euro each in tesco celbridge.
    Best before the 19th of march.
    Anyone now what this is like after the best before?
    I wouldn't say there's much difference at all. Beer takes a long time to go off. Plus it's a best 'before date' not a 'use by' date Huge difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Had a Punk IPA earlier while watching the rugby.
    Then had a large bottle of Sierra Nevada Northern Harvest with dinner. Great beer.
    Currently having a Delirium Tremens watching the TV. Don't see what the fuss is about. Fairly ordinary beer. Then again, my opinion is probably tainted by the fact I'm not a fan of Belgian style beers.

Saltaire Cascade Pale Ale a really nice American styled IPA from Saltaire. Not overly hoppy but just right.
    Initially I thought it was sweet followed up by a nice citrus finish. But the sweet taste isn't that strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Heroditas wrote: »
    Delirium Tremens watching the TV. Don't see what the fuss is about. Fairly ordinary beer.

I've heard it called a lot of things, but ordinary is a new one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Libertine Black Ale from Brew dog in my glass at the moment. very smooth and doesn't taste like a 7.2% beer but really enjoying it.

Just had a bottle of this and is's gorgeous. Didn't taste like a high ABV Ale at all, hoppy and spicy!

stuchyg wrote: »
    Sorachi ace last night, was nice but not worth the money imo. A bottle of westy shall be had tonight

Having a bottle of it now and I'd agree. It's just alright.
    Had a bottle of Marks and Spencer Breton cider earlier - only 2% but incredibly fresh and tasty. Definitely something for a BBQ, particularly if you're driving!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Svyturys Lithuanian Amber Beer

Svy%20Amber.png

It's a reasonably light tasting pilsner. Maybe not as heavy on the taste-buds for most beer connoisseurs but tasty none the less.

Bleddyn 1075 remind me of O'Sheas from Aldi but less bitter.

Not a bad beer at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Trying O'Hara's Irish Pale Ale. Not bad. Their 2 stouts and Red Ale are pretty quality, and this is the weakest of the 4, but still enjoyable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Grayditch wrote: »
    Trying O'Hara's Irish Pale Ale. Not bad. Their 2 stouts and Red Ale are pretty quality, and this is the weakest of the 4, but still enjoyable.

I think that the Pale Ale is second only to the Leann Follain, it's one of the best examples of a pale ale produced in Ireland for my money.

• Advertisement

750ml bottle of Beoir Chorca Dhuibhe's Cul Dorcha.
    First time having it from a bottle - not too bad. Loved their stuff at the Craft Beer festivals in the RDS and hadn't tasted it since. Still prefer their porter though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement