Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

With Thorn's addition and BOD looking to come back in the next month or so, Leinster have a serious chance of doing the double!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭jacothelad

man I wish the sherlock laws extended to bad jokes:D

Thorns inevitably lead to an unwanted prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭roycon

Hmmm. A lot of competition there and, of course, he hasn't actually played yet.

In terms of the contribution they made to Leinster, here's my top five imports:

1) Nacewa
    2) Contepomi
    3) Elsom
    4) Wright
    5) Hines

And that's leaving out Holwell, Whitaker, le Roux and not counting Strauss...

ahhh felipe has to be number 1 really. ollie le roux should be in ahead of wright although wright did come with absolutely no expectations whatsoever. johnny hepworth has to have been the worst signing ever

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Good interview from Thorn there. Seems like he is very much ready to give his time here a good welly. Hopefully he does and the fans pay it back in spades. Very excited about the QF now.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Thorn cones across as someone who doesn't do anything by half. Delighted to have his presence at the very least.

Like a tall Roy Keane without the scent of turnips.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

roycon wrote: »
    ahhh felipe has to be number 1 really. ollie le roux should be in ahead of wright although wright did come with absolutely no expectations whatsoever. johnny hepworth has to have been the worst signing ever

Johnny Hepworth, Christ I'd forgotten all about him. Owen Finegan would give him a run for title of worst import, all the more since her arrived with a big reputation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

This is a regular debate but Eddie Hekenui, Matt Leek, Juan Gomez and Harry Vermass are all strong shouts.

More recently, EOD and Sykes have to be in with a strong claim. Both talented but both completely wasted their time with Leinster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Like a tall Roy Keane without the scent of turnips.
    Not too many turnips to be found in Mayfield to be honest. Think of Tallaght, only without the gentrified people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Who was the Argentine lock that was there last season? Leinsters have done tremendously well out of NIQs but they've also had a lot of duff ones and some poor fortune as well(Berquist, CJ VDL)

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭lologram

shuffol wrote: »
    Who was the Argentine lock that was there last season?

Mariano Galarza?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Galarza?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Hopefully he'll buy into this in a big way, and end up busting a gut to show his ability, and make big impressions with those around him.

He is the type of player who will give it 100% all the time. Not only that but he will want to add a HC winners medal and a RDPro12 medal to his World Cup, Tri-Nations, Super 14, NPC and NRL medals.

The guys is a pro, and he knows well that if he can achieve a double with Leinster he will be an even bigger legend than he already is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭leftleg

Fantastic acquisition for Leinster. He'll significantly increase your chances of retaining the HC, but he would want to for the €€€ he'll be lining his pockets with.

Unlike BJ Botha; as far as I know he gives all the "$$$ he lines his pockets with" to charity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

leftleg wrote: »
    Unlike BJ Botha; as far as I know he gives all the "$$$ he lines his pockets with" to charity

What does that have to do with anything? :confused: Botha is on a huge wedge to come and sort Munster's scrum out. Thorne will be on a huge wedge to assist Leinster in winning the HC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

This is the spin the Thorn deal is getting in New Zealand.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/international/6542612/Brad-Thorn-signs-contract-with-Irish-giants

This is my favourite part. :D
    Brad Thorn signs contract with Irish giants

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

GerM wrote: »
    This is a regular debate but Eddie Hekenui, Matt Leek, Juan Gomez and Harry Vermass are all strong shouts.

More recently, EOD and Sykes have to be in with a strong claim. Both talented but both completely wasted their time with Leinster.

throw in Aaron Freeman - the american 2nd row signed by Ruddock, there was also a dreadful openside signed in the late 90's probably also by ruddock from bay of plenty or somewhere, he ended up struggling to get a start with Blackrock, think he ended up playing 2nds with them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Sindri wrote: »
    This is my favourite part. :D

In fairness, he will be playing beside all 6'11" of Devin Toner...

What does that have to do with anything? :confused:

Heres your original post
    Fantastic acquisition for Leinster. He'll significantly increase your chances of retaining the HC, but he would want to for the €€€ he'll be lining his pockets with.

Explain what this statement is meant to mean so; all i did was point out that dear auld Munster have done exactly the same thing with Botha; absolutely great signing for Munster btw but all you can do is make a veiled little shot about the wages thorn will be on; Typical

Ah well you win, I'm out; as someone once said to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,982 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Can't wait to watch some thornography.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

leftleg wrote: »
    Heres your original post

Explain what this statement is meant to mean so; all i did was point out that dear auld Munster have done exactly the same thing with Botha; absolutely great signing for Munster btw but all you can do is make a veiled little shot about the wages thorn will be on; Typical

Ah well you win, I'm out; as someone once said to me.

Tbf it's clear what it means. Thorn has to make a big contribution to helping Leinster retain the HC to justify his wages. Botha had to make the Munster scrum solid and to justify his...

• Advertisement

Fair enough so; miscommunication on my part; apologies to all involved

What kind of money is he on, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Can't wait to watch some thornography.

Will someone please think of the children?!

What kind of money is he on, does anyone know?

Euros I think

Will someone please think of the children?!

I didn't know you were into child-thorn. That's pretty sick, dude.

I didn't know you were into child-thorn. That's pretty sick, dude.

I'm on the thorn just thinking about it

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

So... Are we likely to see him in the RDS for the Ospreys match? Wouldn't mind Browne getting a rest, with Toner and Flanagan starting, and maybe Flanagan getting benched for Thorn at about 50-60 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Christ, reading this thread makes it clear that if we beat Cardiff, there's going to be more than one semi on display in Lansdowne....

Serious level of man love for Big Bad Brad!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Christ, reading this thread makes it clear that if we beat Cardiff, there's going to be more than one semi on display in Lansdowne....

If only the semi was at home that joke would have been immaculate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

durkadurka wrote: »

If only the semi was at home that joke would have been immaculate
    To be a pedantic defender of jokes here:

1. Munsters semi will be in Lansdowne.
    2. Bradley will hopefully be on display in lansdowne against Cardiff...

It still works!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement