Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOTO GP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

It most certainly is not football, thank God!
    As you can see if you read back over my comment I didn't even mention football, so obviously I wasn't comparing it to that ;).

kinda sounded football esque in your post :p

but none the less we all like this sport we all admire the riders ,even though some are not too our taste.so next race any ideas what will happen,and do we have two more aliens this year dovi and hayden.dovis bike down the straight was incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

It did a bit. Yeah, agreed. Not really on here to argue with anyone.
    Couldn't believe the speed of the Honda down the straight. Don't think it'll be enough for the Hondas to challenge though this season. Would like to see Nicky get a few good results. Still think it's between Rossi, Stoner and Lorenzo though. I couldn't pick a favourite between them, as long as it's good racing I'm happy! :)

+1 :D

i wasnt expecting anything from lorenzo this year as he is damaged but wow what a recovery in qatar .i dont know about the honda he was flying past the ducati no problem .if they can keep that and have no reliability issues they should at least get some good results as for the championship i think danny wont be in it if last performance is anything to go by,dovi has a chance though, but it could all be supprising what develops over the next few races just have to wait ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

practice about to start on eurosport 2

those moto 2 bikes are awesome to watch sliding everywhere

• Advertisement

and there is the first mass oil crash for moto2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

That Moto2 race was fupping excellent.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »
    That Moto2 race was fupping excellent.

best motorbike race Ive seen for a long time

EDIT: i mean there has been some great races the last couple of seasons but this one was epic

EDIT 2: moto gp race wasn't half bad either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

WOW!!!! What a days racing!

Jerez has always thrown up classics in all three classes but today's was immense.

The Moto2 race was, as Grim said, one of the best in years and you really couldn't pick a winner from it. A lot of people were circumspect about the prospects of the new class but each session has been great so far in it and if we can have close racing that allows the riders to make the difference I don't think too many people will bemoan having a stock engine for two long.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I only caught the Moto GP race and I thought apart from the last three laps (and the battle for 7th that lasted for a lap or two) I thought it was a bit of a snoozefest.

if you want to catch the moto2 race its on the bbc red button more than made up for the motogp race (about ten times over)

• Advertisement

vid of the moto 2 crash before dorna take it down

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I only caught the Moto GP race and I thought apart from the last three laps (and the battle for 7th that lasted for a lap or two) I thought it was a bit of a snoozefest.

It's tough for the big class to have good racing with the current configuration, there have been very few classics in the 800 era. This weekends though was pretty good with Lorenzo battling through from a bad start but the smaller classes were great races and you should try and check them out. Great battling in the 125s and the Moto2 was impossible to pick a winner throughout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

I only saw the motogp race I thought it an entertaining race. A bigt quiet between the top 5 for the first half but there was some good battles further back. The finish was great. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Once again the minor races outshine the " Premier class"..;)....i'm glad i started recording them so i can ff through the boring bits..(motogp that is)....delighted for Hayden again.:)....sad for Spies. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭SlabMurphy

frostie500 wrote: »
    WOW!!!! What a days racing!

Jerez has always thrown up classics in all three classes but today's was immense.

The Moto2 race was, as Grim said, one of the best in years and you really couldn't pick a winner from it. A lot of people were circumspect about the prospects of the new class but each session has been great so far in it and if we can have close racing that allows the riders to make the difference I don't think too many people will bemoan having a stock engine for two long.
    Agreed, outstanding. Could we see Eugene Laverty competing in it next year ?

SlabMurphy wrote: »
    Could we see Eugene Laverty competing in it next year ?

I think it's doubtful that Laverty would go back into the GP paddock unless he was assured of a topline ride and I'd say that for the first two or three years this class will be somewhat up in the air as the chassis manufacturers get aggressive with their designs. It's more likely that he will move into Superbikes next season and spend a year or two in that class and then if Moto2 or MotoGP rides open up for him that he would make the move. He spent a few years in 250s and saw that without the right bike you can look slow in the paddocks eyes so he knows that the next time he is back on a GP bike he will have to perform at the sharp end

I think it's doubtful that Laverty would go back into the GP paddock unless he was assured of a topline ride and I'd say that for the first two or three years this class will be somewhat up in the air as the chassis manufacturers get aggressive with their designs. It's more likely that he will move into Superbikes next season and spend a year or two in that class and then if Moto2 or MotoGP rides open up for him that he would make the move. He spent a few years in 250s and saw that without the right bike you can look slow in the paddocks eyes so he knows that the next time he is back on a GP bike he will have to perform at the sharp end

was thinking about this myself wonder what the odds of his current team moving from wss to moto 2 would be

Grim. wrote: »
    was thinking about this myself wonder what the odds of his current team moving from wss to moto 2 would be

I'd be suprised if Parklgar decided to move into Moto2 next year, their likely to get a 'factory supported' deal if they move into WSBK and would therefore fancy their chances of winning in that class, there would be a much greater risk if they went to GPs and with sponsorship cash so hard to find right now you'd err on the side of caution if it was your team. I'd love to see Eugene back in GPs but I think he'll wait until he can guarantee a top line ride in Moto2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭SlabMurphy

I'd be suprised if Parklgar decided to move into Moto2 next year, their likely to get a 'factory supported' deal if they move into WSBK and would therefore fancy their chances of winning in that class, there would be a much greater risk if they went to GPs and with sponsorship cash so hard to find right now you'd err on the side of caution if it was your team. I'd love to see Eugene back in GPs but I think he'll wait until he can guarantee a top line ride in Moto2
    Agree with man, love to see him back in GP's but he would be wise to wait for the right oppurtunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭bladespin

SlabMurphy wrote: »
    Agree with man, love to see him back in GP's but he would be wise to wait for the right oppurtunity.

Totally agree, been the downfall of many a good rider, signing to ride an inferior bike in the top class hoping to grab a fluke result usually means your career's coming to an end, better to sign for the best team you can and let your results speak for you.

• Advertisement

bladespin wrote: »
    Totally agree, been the downfall of many a good rider, signing to ride an inferior bike in the top class hoping to grab a fluke result usually means your career's coming to an end, better to sign for the best team you can and let your results speak for you.

The one thing is that in Moto2 there isnt the factory vs privater Aprillia factor any longer which can make it somewhat appealing to a rider to move across. The chassis are the same for everyone riding that manufacturers and the engine, ECU and clutch are the same so there is the potential for a good rider to shine with it being a somewhat level playing field. Even so the risk for a rider like Laverty who is on a rising career profile again would outweigh the potential to succeed....unless an Aspar were to approach, which I'd have to say would be very doubtful

rumors from italian press so take with a bucket load of salt

but i had a feeling when suppo went to honda stoner wouldnt be far behind

interesting times though
    Casey Stoner could be set to leave Ducati to move to the Repsol Honda team according to reports in Italy.

SportsMediaSet.it has claimed that Stoner's time with Ducati will come an end following the 2010 campaign after he agreed terms on a move to Honda for 2011, with suggestions that former Ducati team boss Livio Suppo has played a key role in the deal.

Ducati had been keen to retain the services of the Australian but the Italian reports suggest he was far from happy with Ducati's move to try and sign Yamaha's Jorge Lorenzo last year.

While the loss of Stoner, who won the title for Ducati in his first year with the team back in 2007, would be a blow for the team, the same report suggests that the Italian team has its sights set on a big name replacement in the shape of multiple champion Valentino Rossi.

Rossi has picked up no fewer than nine world titles during his career – including seven at the highest level – with the reports suggesting that Ducati has put a two-year deal on the table, with a response due by early next month.

Speculation about the future of Stoner and Rossi comes with both riders being out of contract at the end of the current season.

Jorge Lorenzo and Dani Pedrosa are also heading towards the conclusion of their deals with Yamaha and Honda at the end of the year.

There has yet to be any official comment from the parties involved

just seen there making a new "Faster" documentary from Le Mans onward as well cant wait!!

Excellent 500cc/Motogp documentary if you haven't seen it http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368721/

Grim. wrote: »
    just seen there making a new "Faster" documentary from Le Mans onward as well cant wait!!

It's very good isn't it, would get you ready for LeMans this weekend! If you liked it you should check out the doctor, the tornado and the kentucky kid. It's just about the 2005 US GP at Laguna Seca featuring Rossi, Edwards and Hayden. It's from the same man that did faster and is pretty good as well

It's very good isn't it, would get you ready for LeMans this weekend! If you liked it you should check out the doctor, the tornado and the kentucky kid. It's just about the 2005 US GP at Laguna Seca featuring Rossi, Edwards and Hayden. It's from the same man that did faster and is pretty good as well

aye seen that great doc aswell both give great backround info about the riders

just looking at the live timing there on the moto gp site rossi is the only man in the 135's at the min stoner 139 what has happened last race he wasnt there either

wait now its rossi ,dovi stoner in the 135s

wish i could get the live video ,seems to be a good practice

wait now its rossi ,dovi stoner in the 135s

wish i could get the live video ,seems to be a good practice

have been watching it on eurosport2 although video is down for moto2 session

another excellent lap by rossi for pole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

They're falling like flies in Moto2

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Advertisement