Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOTO GP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Well thats that then Dani Pedrosa just blew his chance of winning a championship this year and with Stoner going to Honda next year Pedrorosa had better watch his back.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Magown3

pdbhp wrote: »
    Well thats that then Dani Pedrosa just blew his chance of winning a championship this year and with Stoner going to Honda next year Pedrorosa had better watch his back.

They're talking of a 3 man factory team next year.

Magown3 wrote: »
    They're talking of a 3 man factory team next year.

Maybe they will but more likely is Dovisioso will be on a factory bike in Gresini colours which will put Marco Melandri under pressure yet again

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

Rumours that Red Bull may be linking up with HRC so there may be 2 x Repsol bikes and 1 x Red Bull bike run by HRC.

As always, rumours are rumours and anything can happen !!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

demac wrote: »
    Rumours that Red Bull may be linking up with HRC so there may be 2 x Repsol bikes and 1 x Red Bull bike run by HRC.

As always, rumours are rumours and anything can happen !!! :)

This was initially the big rumour as to how HRC would manage to get Dovi, Pedrosa and Stoner all onto their factory bikes. Red Bull though have said they are unwilling to bankroll another bike and it seems that Davi will end up at Gresini alongside Simoncelli with Malendri left high and dry, Ducati and Suzuki are looking to take him to World Superbikes

• Advertisement

frostie500 wrote: »
    This was initially the big rumour as to how HRC would manage to get Dovi, Pedrosa and Stoner all onto their factory bikes. Red Bull though have said they are unwilling to bankroll another bike and it seems that Davi will end up at Gresini alongside Simoncelli with Malendri left high and dry, Ducati and Suzuki are looking to take him to World Superbikes

Well Melandri could do really well on a superbike and Ducati could really do with a rider of his experience in thier team after the dismal showing of Noriuki Haga this season.

Well Melandri could do really well on a superbike and Ducati could really do with a rider of his experience in thier team after the dismal showing of Noriuki Haga this season.

Talk in the WSBK paddock is that they are looking to bring Colin Edwards back to SBK along with Melandri which would be a pretty fantastic team. I'd love to see both of them winning races again

Talk in the WSBK paddock is that they are looking to bring Colin Edwards back to SBK along with Melandri which would be a pretty fantastic team. I'd love to see both of them winning races again
    I heard that aswell which leaves a ride in the tech3 Yamaha garage up for grabs, I personally would like to see Cal crutchlow taking that ride

I heard that aswell which leaves a ride in the tech3 Yamaha garage up for grabs, I personally would like to see Cal crutchlow taking that ride

Cruitchlow's Yamaha deal is over at the end of this season so I'd say that Yamaha know that to keep him they will need to get him onto a MotoGP bike as soon as possible. I've been very impressed with Crutchlow this season, his qualifying pace has been incredible and he clearly wants to be in GPs. There should be two seats availble in Tech 3 for next season so it would be very surprising if he doesnt fill at least one.

The other seat though could be interesting! Elias will want to be back in the big class next season and with no Honda rides this seat is the only one left for him, Randy de Puniet has also been linked to this spot with Jon Rea touted as his replacement at LCR. Rea is in talks with Suzuki as well but LCR are certainly best placed with Rea a HRC contracted rider.

Cruitchlow's Yamaha deal is over at the end of this season so I'd say that Yamaha know that to keep him they will need to get him onto a MotoGP bike as soon as possible. I've been very impressed with Crutchlow this season, his qualifying pace has been incredible and he clearly wants to be in GPs. There should be two seats availble in Tech 3 for next season so it would be very surprising if he doesnt fill at least one.

The other seat though could be interesting! Elias will want to be back in the big class next season and with no Honda rides this seat is the only one left for him, Randy de Puniet has also been linked to this spot with Jon Rea touted as his replacement at LCR. Rea is in talks with Suzuki as well but LCR are certainly best placed with Rea a HRC contracted rider.

Ideeed Crutchlow has been very impressive this season and Yamaha would be mad to let him go since they're going to need two riders to fill the vacant Tech3 seats, Elias definitely has the experience and I would like to see him back in the big class.
    Johnny Rae has been doing good this year but I don't think he'll be able to cut it in GP's imo.

• Advertisement

Johnny Rae has been doing good this year but I don't think he'll be able to cut it in GP's imo.

He's a HRC backed rider though and wants to be in GPs at some stage. Rea has shown flashes of being unbelievable this year-Assen being a prime example-but suffered from bad chatter at times that really hampered his season. In the last four races though he has been in the top two in all of them. If he stays in Superbikes there is a buyout on his contract that can be activated and Aprilia, BMW and Yamaha are all interested in him.

BMW have said they want a British rider, Aprilia want another top class rider-Camier has done well recently so should hold onto that ride though, Yamaha know that they need to replace Crutchlow and are keeping tabs on Rea. He's in demand by a lot of teams but with they shortage of bikes in GPs he probably needs to win the SBK title before he can make the move

He's a HRC backed rider though and wants to be in GPs at some stage. Rea has shown flashes of being unbelievable this year-Assen being a prime example-but suffered from bad chatter at times that really hampered his season. In the last four races though he has been in the top two in all of them. If he stays in Superbikes there is a buyout on his contract that can be activated and Aprilia, BMW and Yamaha are all interested in him.

BMW have said they want a British rider, Aprilia want another top class rider-Camier has done well recently so should hold onto that ride though, Yamaha know that they need to replace Crutchlow and are keeping tabs on Rea. He's in demand by a lot of teams but with they shortage of bikes in GPs he probably needs to win the SBK title before he can make the move

Well BMW would really benefit from a rider like Rae he has a good attitude and can ride a bike well under pressure I'd like to see him in GP's but I just don't think he'd do any good there you have to be ultra consistant to compete at in Moto GP and at the moment he just doesn't have it, but with the right team and the correct management he could raise his game and give the regular GP riders something to think about

My Czech Grand Prix preview is available from my website, clcik here for it

My Czech Grand Prix preview is available from my website, clcik here for it
    Good job Frostie nice site good info and facts on it I'm impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Yeah, good website. I've bookmarked it for my Moto GP updates. Nice one :)

Thanks for the last few posts and the emails I've recieved. I've had quite a few hits on the site the last few days so its much appreciated!

Just to let you know I've made a new post with quotes from the leading riders ahead of the race and will be compiling practice, qualifying, race reports and some analysis throughout the weekend!

Jorge Lorenzo doing what he does best DOMINATING!
    Fastest rider of the day half a second faster than Pedrosa.

Jorge Lorenzo doing what he does best DOMINATING!
    Fastest rider of the day half a second faster than Pedrosa.

He was awesome wasn't he, especially when he's been talking of taking it easy and thinking of the title! I'd say he wants this race more than any other just so Rossi won't be announcing his move to Ducati from the top step of the podium!

Big news in the 125cc class though with Marc Marquez crashing and dislocating his shoulder

He was awesome wasn't he, especially when he's been talking of taking it easy and thinking of the title! I'd say he wants this race more than any other just so Rossi won't be announcing his move to Ducati from the top step of the podium!

Big news in the 125cc class though with Marc Marquez crashing and dislocating his shoulder

He's a showman alright, there's no chance he wants Rossi taking his glory on Sunday with his announcement.
    Didn't see the 125cc practice just motoGP and moto2 but poor Marquez leading the championship and now this I feel sorry for him because I think he's a top rider to look out for in the future.

He's a showman alright, there's no chance he wants Rossi taking his glory on Sunday with his announcement.
    Didn't see the 125cc practice just motoGP and moto2 but poor Marquez leading the championship and now this I feel sorry for him because I think he's a top rider to look out for in the future.

the one thing the Marquez crash did, for me at least, was illustrate just how easy it could be for Lorenzo to have a fall and the title chase could be closed right up. Tomorrow will be very interesting in so far as seeing how Marquez can do this weekend, could be a great chance for Espargaro to close the gap on him

• Advertisement

the one thing the Marquez crash did, for me at least, was illustrate just how easy it could be for Lorenzo to have a fall and the title chase could be closed right up. Tomorrow will be very interesting in so far as seeing how Marquez can do this weekend, could be a great chance for Espargaro to close the gap on him

Well we all know how easy it is for Lorenzo to crash or even Rossi but this year I believe he's got that bike mastered and can push the tyres as far as he likes kind of like when Stoner was invincible in 2007 even though he was the biggest crasher in the paddock the previous year,

Well we all know how easy it is for Lorenzo to crash or even Rossi but this year I believe he's got that bike mastered and can push the tyres as far as he likes kind of like when Stoner was invincible in 2007 even though he was the biggest crasher in the paddock the previous year,

Its very tough to see him crashing, and I don't anyone would wish him too either, but this season the tyres are on a knife-edge when they cool at all so its very easy to have a crash.

The similarities to Stoner's championship year are very clear, and a good comparison, both crashed heavily and regularly their first year in MotoGP (Lorenzo still doing so at times last season as he learned the limits of the bike) but when they had the chance of winning the title both have shown great consistency and the ability to dominate races

Its very tough to see him crashing, and I don't anyone would wish him too either, but this season the tyres are on a knife-edge when they cool at all so its very easy to have a crash.

The similarities to Stoner's championship year are very clear, and a good comparison, both crashed heavily and regularly their first year in MotoGP (Lorenzo still doing so at times last season as he learned the limits of the bike) but when they had the chance of winning the title both have shown great consistency and the ability to dominate races

I agree 100% frostie those 2 riders are the future of motoGP its great to see such talent from boys so young. Can't wait to see how Stoner copes next year on the Honda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

very good quali atm tech 3 looking very good another ducati front end crash

Grim. wrote: »
    very good quali atm tech 3 looking very good another ducati front end crash

Yep Spies and Edwards doing a great job but its probably gonna be the usual suspects making up the sharp end. Pity Hayden went down he's been consistant this season.

comon ben

Might be proved wrong here!!

lorenzo down!!!!

rossi down!!!!!! and the most pissed ive ever seen him

Rossi down they're dropping like flies

• Advertisement

wow at dani's lap .400 in the last half of the lap

best quali session ive seen in a long time that

Advertisement