Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Anyone know places hiring? I've handed out so many CVs but not hearing anything. Have restaurant and shop experience.

You pick up the phone and call them! Don't wait for them to call you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

While it might not be everyone's cup of tea on here judging by the last post advertised and each to their own and that, there looking for more staff in Enterprise Rent-a-Car Waterford as a Management Trainee. It's suited for graduates looking for a challenge that's actually interesting and the company promotes nearly 100% of the time from within.

More Info here; https://www.enterprisealive.ie/job/management-trainee-waterford-waterford/

A lot of locals worked here in some shape of form and progressed within to other branches as Managers or moved to an office based job in Dublin working for their insurance partners on behalf of the company or within the head office itself. Plenty of scope there. When people move on, they re-open the position for someone else.

They've just took on two extra driving based roles also due to the expanding nature of the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

You pick up the phone and call them! Don't wait for them to call you.

I've went back into the places and they say the same that they're not hiring :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

I've went back into the places and they say the same that they're not hiring :confused:

Well move on then but don't stop looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Dominoes pizza looking for delivery drivers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭deadybai

Any word from the fire service yet for those who applied?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭brickysession

Relief HGV / Rigid truck driver wanted for holiday cover to drive a wheelie bin truck. To be considered you must be over 25 and be able to prove 2 years driving experience. This is a requirement from our insurance company. Must have a minimum C or C&E license and a Drivers CPC card. All local day work. May lead to longer term for right person.

Message me here if interested please?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

deadybai wrote: »
    Any word from the fire service yet for those who applied?

no not yet,from past experience it will prob be august before anyone hears anything

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

no not yet,from past experience it will prob be august before anyone hears anything

Might be an idea keeping on the topic here in the emergency services section

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057602124/1/#post99989646

Deadline only closed Thursday so I'd image it would be a few weeks before anyone heard anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭deisemum

The River Cottage formerly Beckett's have this on facebook

Junior chef de Partie
    Commis chef
    Required for exciting new venture
    Contact Bernie 051- 873082
    Beckettsmanager@gmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Operationphil

Relocating my family to Waterford from Dublin. The rent is just too high here. Better standard of living in Waterford me thinks.

Relocating my family to Waterford from Dublin. The rent is just too high here. Better standard of living in Waterford me thinks.

Yes, if you can get a good paying job in Waterford you would have a better standard of living. Getting a good paying job in Waterford is easier said than done, depending on what industry you are in though, in IT and Pharma there seems to be jobs in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

Defo better standard of living. Best of luck getting work it's damn tough to find something

Wheres the main employment prospect's coming from? I don`t mind reskilling. In a previous life I built cars in Swindon for Honda. The good ole days . I just retail these days as my ambitions are elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I would advise a mission over here first and check out the jobs prospects at first before moving the whole family, there isn't much going on jobs wise,

I would advise a mission over here first and check out the jobs prospects at first before moving the whole family, there isn't much going on jobs wise,
    Yeah in retail I think he will definitely struggle to get a job.
    Wheres the main employment prospect's coming from? I don`t mind reskilling. In a previous life I built cars in Swindon for Honda. The good ole days . I just retail these days as my ambitions are elsewhere.
    It's one thing saying you are going to reskill but reskilling can take up to four years, to learn a new skill. I would do a bit of research before I uproot my family and make sure its the right thing for ye. How will you support your family if you are in college for four years? or learning a trade for four years?

I dunno I hear tech mahindra are always recruiting. I'm not expecting a great job just a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Always keep an eye on Indeed.com, Jobs popping up now and again.

http://ie.indeed.com/jobs?q=&l=Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

As as few others have mentioned do your homework before moving to Waterford jobs are still very scare on the ground . Im currently looking to move home from the UK and looking for IT jobs but they are few and far between. Waterford is the land of the call centres so you could pick something up in that area . Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

Bolands auto sales have a few positions at the moment might suit you

• Advertisement

As as few others have mentioned do your homework before moving to Waterford jobs are still very scare on the ground . Im currently looking to move home from the UK and looking for IT jobs but they are few and far between. Waterford is the land of the call centres so you could pick something up in that area . Best of luck.

There is plenty of IT jobs if you have the skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

There is plenty of IT jobs if you have the skills.

Yes in Dublin.

Yes in Dublin.

There also is in Waterford. I was looking for a job recently and sent out a few CVs, I got 3 interviews within about two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭NLC1072

Halfords are looking for a cycle repair guy, technician if possible, or just with cycle repair experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jarotsw

Hello
    A lot of people work in the system spreads leaflets door to door, do you know where i can find such job?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

I see Starbucks are advertising for jobs for Waterford. Where are they going to locate it?

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    I see Starbucks are advertising for jobs for Waterford. Where are they going to locate it?

Where Toymaster were in John Roberts square I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Is Toymaster gone already? The one nearly directly across from Argos?

That only opened about a year ago so very sad if that is already gone...

reni10 wrote: »
    Is Toymaster gone already? The one nearly directly across from Argos?

That only opened about a year ago so very sad if that is already gone...

Yep the building is empty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Smyths has Waterford sown up for bricks and mortar toy shopping.

Advertisement