Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

200motels wrote: »
    I'm out of work over a year now and it's so so hard to take knock after knock. I've applied for numerous jobs and I follow them up the best I can and still nothing.

It's so frustration to not even get a reply to an application and when you ring them to follow up some are nice about it but others are not. I have a feeling it's my age that's stopping me getting a job as I had my CV professional done and I have qualifications coming out my ears.

I really feel for you. Are you getting help from the DSP? They have budget for any help you might need.

If you need industry certs or driving liecences, they can cover the cost etc Your case advisor can advise further.

Try leaving out some early jobs so your age is less apparent. I know you should never have to do this but play the game! There are professional career advisors you can pay to visit that might be able help, if you are industry specific.

Are you from Waterford, what your networking like? Do you ever hear of any jobs in your sector? Are you in LinkedIn? (I had to get a younger cousin to set up mine!)

Also you probably know you should be changing your CV for each job to fit the brief. Again mention at least 3 ways you fit the brief in your cover letter.

Can I ask what area you are looking in?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Subway on the Cork road have a staff wanted sign in the window for the past 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I really feel for you. Are you getting help from the DSP? They have budget for any help you might need.

If you need industry certs or driving liecences, they can cover the cost etc Your case advisor can advise further.

Try leaving out some early jobs so your age is less apparent. I know you should never have to do this but play the game! There are professional career advisors you can pay to visit that might be able help, if you are industry specific.

Are you from Waterford, what your networking like? Do you ever hear of any jobs in your sector? Are you in LinkedIn? (I had to get a younger cousin to set up mine!)

Also you probably know you should be changing your CV for each job to fit the brief. Again mention at least 3 ways you fit the brief in your cover letter.

Thanks for the helpful tips. Two areas that I'm qualified for are IT and Pharma. I have other qualifications and have worked in other industries and retail but those are the two that I want but at this moment in time anything will do as it's easier to get employment if you are in employment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Thanks for the helpful tips. Two areas that I'm qualified for are IT and Pharma. I have other qualifications and have worked in other industries and retail but those are the two that I want but at this moment in time anything will do as it's easier to get employment if you are in employment.

West Pharma and Bausch & Lomb are hiring at the moment and i think Teva too

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

200motels wrote:

Have you applied to West Pharma?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Waterford is a hard place to get a full time job if you dont have Qualifications or knw someone tbh (even that factor is hard too come by now). I have a few qualifications but nothing earth shattering

From all the jobs ive appiled for i can count on one hand the amount of interviews i got. It can get tiring to apply for jobs and not here anything back

Have you applied to West Pharma?
    Yes applied there. No joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Yes applied there. No joy.

You need to re-invent yourself! Get away from what you are doing and get

training in something new and different. If you can't or won't do that, you need

to look at other alternatives such as looking for work in other counties.

Absolutely nothing
    is going to happen employment wise for the long

foreseeable future and anyone who thinks differently are only deceiving themselves.

http://ie.indeed.com/jobs-in-Waterford

Something above that might suit someone!

I'm sick to the teeth of how little has ben done by elected representatives both at local and national level. DC & JH are only here for photo opportunities as for Mary Butler v Ciara Conway, what's the difference? Jokes of representatives!
    All sideline politicians, waiting to see what way the wind in blowing before forming an opinion, if they're allowed one!

Tell me then all about the current positive happenings in Waterford?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0902/813620-apple-reaction/

Photo opportunity!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Penney's and Mr Price are hiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

The Hub are looking for part time bar staff.Info on their Facebook page

wmpdd3 wrote: »

Finally got work started today as tech support, pay is average enough but beats the dole hands down, it's a call centre but it's a start and the training went well today and I was pleasantly surprised and how well they treat new people, early days I know but I'll give it my best shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Auto Boland have about 6 positions advertised.

http://www.jobs.ie/waterford_jobs.aspx?page=2

Finally got work started today as tech support, pay is average enough but beats the dole hands down, it's a call centre but it's a start and the training went well today and I was pleasantly surprised and how well they treat new people, early days I know but I'll give it my best shot.

Well done!

Well done

Talking on the phone would scare me away from those kind of jobs

Best of luck in the role

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

They don't have the jobs live yet anywhere to apply for, do they?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/irish-store-looking-for-polish-workers-after-they-struggle-to-fill-warehouse-posts-35052346.html

Something should be done about this!
    There are areas across the country that need employment and to bring in
    more migrants to a country that is in a housing crisis is just ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

They can't fill the vacancies locally. What would you have them do?

• Advertisement

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/irish-store-looking-for-polish-workers-after-they-struggle-to-fill-warehouse-posts-35052346.html

Something should be done about this!
    There are areas across the country that need employment and to bring in
    more migrants to a country that is in a housing crisis is just ridiculous!
    Its a weird one. If that warehouse was in Waterford the jobs would be gone in an act

Id hate to be on the dole full time and been stuck at home 24/7 would not be good for the mind/well being. No matter how badly paid a job may be its a job and youre out meeting people, gaining experience etc

bit off topic but Id love to do a degree course part time/Night time but its way too expensive and a daytime course would not suite. in fairness the WCFE (waterford college of further education) is a good institute but the courses are FETAC credited at the end of the day and that means very little in gaining good quality employment. Employers are going to overlook Fetac qualifed applicants for Degree/third level qualifed applicants.

Things are getting better in Waterford job wise thankfully as a load of companies have been advertising for jobs the last few weeks

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    They don't have the jobs live yet anywhere to apply for, do they?

Dont know sorry but i just had a look on their site and no jobs for Waterford yet,it might be worth sending them an email asking about the jobs and to keep you updated when they come online,i found this email hr@nightline-delivers.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Its a weird one. If that warehouse was in Waterford the jobs would be gone in an act

Id hate to be on the dole full time and been stuck at home 24/7 would not be good for the mind/well being. No matter how badly paid a job may be its a job and youre out meeting people, gaining experience etc

bit off topic but Id love to do a degree course part time/Night time but its way too expensive and a daytime course would not suite. in fairness the WCFE (waterford college of further education) is a good institute but the courses are FETAC credited at the end of the day and that means very little in gaining good quality employment. Employers are going to overlook Fetac qualifed applicants for Degree/third level qualifed applicants.

Things are getting better in Waterford job wise thankfully as a load of companies have been advertising for jobs the last few weeks

WCFE have some excellent courses which go up to advanced certs . Most employers wont look over certs once you have a bit of experience as well. If you have an advanced cert and 2-3 years experience it will be equivalent to most degrees . Unfortunately a degree is not a pass to a job.

WCFE have some excellent courses which go up to advanced certs . Most employers wont look over certs once you have a bit of experience as well. If you have an advanced cert and 2-3 years experience it will be equivalent to most degrees . Unfortunately a degree is not a pass to a job.

again off topic.

Done 2 courses in the past there. I done the first year of the Sound Engineering course in 2007/08, it was a good course but as it was the first year of it there were a few blips and stuff regarding course structure and content. heard its an unreal course now.

as a whole the irish education system is a bit backward. In the leaving its all about the points and if u dont get enough for what you want than your a failure in the eyes of the stone age secondary teacher.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=100954304 (topic on degrees)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Experienced House Keeping Staff needed, Immediate start,

PM for details

http://www.wlrfm.com/news/local/79252-minister-to-announce-40-new-jobs-in-waterford.html

good to see more jobs coming to Waterford. This will be gone in a flash id say with thousands of applicants

PTH2009 wrote: »
    http://www.wlrfm.com/news/local/79252-minister-to-announce-40-new-jobs-in-waterford.html

good to see more jobs coming to Waterford. This will be gone in a flash id say with thousands of applicants
    Amy link to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mickeyf16

Hey, I was wondering if anybody knew of any part time work going lately. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

mickeyf16 wrote: »
    Hey, I was wondering if anybody knew of any part time work going lately. Thanks in advance.

Saw Christmas staff sign at tk max.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

mickeyf16 wrote: »

Coming up to this time of year Retail is your bread and butter here, Penny's, Dunnes, Dealz, Argos and pretty much any "Big" store would traditionally take on for the Oct-Dec weeks. Most likely get let go in January but go in and do a good job and you'd never know.

Advertisement