Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭brickysession

HGV / Rigid driver required for 6 months work, may become full time for right person. Driving a wheelie bin truck in Waterford City & County, all day work, Monday to Friday. Must be over 25 for insurance and have current drivers CPC card along with a Full C or C&E licence for 2 years or more. Must also be able to prove driving experience. PM here is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Tricorntone

hello,i'm looking for work in waterford, is there a thread where you can put yourself out to ask for work?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

See Costcutters now open just beside Dooleys, haven't been in it yet but see they have an atm in store.

The only other CC I've been in is the one in the amber garage on paddy browns road.

Are they just your typical convenience store, like Londis spar etc presume they are anyway good to see something opening there.

Least their not part of the Musgrave group whom seem to own everything these days.:D

Costcutter is owned and operated in the Republic of Ireland by Barry Group – the award winning wholesale distribution company based in Mallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

danjo-xx wrote: »
    See Costcutters now open just beside Dooleys, haven't been in it yet but see they have an atm in store.

The only other CC I've been in is the one in the amber garage on paddy browns road.

Are they just your typical convenience store, like Londis spar etc presume they are anyway good to see something opening there.

Least their not part of the Musgrave group whom seem to own everything these days.:D

Costcutter is owned and operated in the Republic of Ireland by Barry Group – the award winning wholesale distribution company based in Mallow.
    ya pretty much answered all your own questions there, yes they are a convenience store,it is more than likely owned direct by barry's?? as there don't appear to be an owners name along side costcutter which there usually would be, barrys also own the discount store buylo on the cork road as well as carryout off licence franchise, musgraves group isn't the only competitor out there, bwg group who own spar/mace/xl/londis are as much a big competitor in the convenience market

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Homestore and More are looking for people for there new Waterford store

https://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1554906

https://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1554908

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

hello,i'm looking for work in waterford, is there a thread where you can put yourself out to ask for work?

Cartamundi are hiring at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Tricorntone

thanks stig83, i'll check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

I saw somewhere that 4 star pizza are recruiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭kingsofoffaly

The never ending job hunt for in waterford. no where seems to hiring now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Cartamundi are presently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Morris's DIY are also hiring.

14088459_1064854156924125_6040649341711957495_n.jpg?oh=182d4a1f826824c007968002968b50a3&oe=584F1266

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Also Londis, Cleaboy looking for staff:

14053982_516001248524752_7917179627317412741_n.png?oh=67e41d190583aa0dcc06d67c501824ba&oe=585A6B53

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JourneyMan8

finding the job advertisement is the hardest part, its like a maze, if only there was one place all these companies could advertise their jobs........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Can't remember exactly where but there is a restaurant/cafe on the quay looking for waiting staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Get up and go! In other words get out of there! Waterford is finished.

The eternal employment black spot of the country considering all those other counties that border it and who's natives earned a healthy living from it so it effects more than just the immediate population.

More time spent promoting festivals than encouraging companies to invest in Waterford. Screaming about a lack of Uni' and runways!!!

Where did all those people go to or did they just get elected and fade into the background?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

The only place you may get a job in Waterford is Eistec and that has an absolutely terrible reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭gw80

The eternal employment black spot of the country considering all those other counties that border it and who's natives earned a healthy living from it so it effects more than just the immediate population.

More time spent promoting festivals than encouraging companies to invest in Waterford. Screaming about a lack of Uni' and runways!!!

Where did all those people go to or did they just get elected and fade into the background?
    What are you talking about,
    I'm in employment and even I've seen a few places hiring, what about the places mentioned above, what about Bausch and Lomb, I here on the radio eirgen are hiring,and I know of another company in the industrial est are due to expand, and when this shopping centre kicks off there will be more jobs coming online,
    It would be a great place if people like you would "get up and go" to be honest

The only place you may get a job in Waterford is Eistec and that has an absolutely terrible reputation.
    Absolute bull,

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Plenty of jobs in techmahindra just email your CV to them

gw80 wrote: »
    What are you talking about,
    I'm in employment and even I've seen a few places hiring, what about the places mentioned above, what about Bausch and Lomb, I here on the radio eirgen are hiring,and I know of another company in the industrial est are due to expand, and when this shopping centre kicks off there will be more jobs coming online,
    It would be a great place if people like you would "get up and go" to be honest

Is that the limit of your horizons? A Shopping Centre with Lidl and Aldi and a few discount stores? People then earning just above minimum wage! Is that the future you want for yourself and your children if you have any?

Its great that companies are expanding but in real terms, the numbers they are hiring are inconsequential and will make no lasting impact on the city!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Absolute bull,

Unless you are one of the tyrant team leaders or asses who like to bully those younger than you then No it's not bull. I know 6 people who walked out of the job the longest lasted five months the targets are unrealistic the bosses are little tyrants you are timed on your toilet break and its non stop pressure from start to end of shift.

Unless you are one of the tyrant team leaders or asses who like to bully those younger than you then No it's not bull. I know 6 people who walked out of the job the longest lasted five months the targets are unrealistic the bosses are little tyrants you are timed on your toilet break and its non stop pressure from start to end of shift.
    Hey, I've heard it's a hellhole too,I'm not disagreeing with you on that, I meant it's not the only place for a job in Waterford,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Did you get up and go yourself by any chance? :)

A university would add hugely to the wealth of Waterford - it's why Galway went from a City of fewer people than here in 1980 to being nearly twice the size. The thing about a university is that you can't ignore it - it has it's own momentum and draws in other parties who want to be close to one.

Did you get up and go yourself by any chance? :)

A university would add hugely to the wealth of Waterford - it's why Galway went from a City of fewer people than here in 1980 to being nearly twice the size. The thing about a university is that you can't ignore it - it has it's own momentum and draws in other parties who want to be close to one.

I did actually! Best move I've ever made!

Is that the limit of your horizons? A Shopping Centre with Lidl and Aldi and a few discount stores? People then earning just above minimum wage! Is that the future you want for yourself and your children if you have any?

Its great that companies are expanding but in real terms, the numbers they are hiring are inconsequential and will make no lasting impact on the city!
    What are people supposed to do, force company's to come to Waterford,
    The country's just starting to come out of a recession and obviously the capital city is going to take off first, and if you ask me I think the government have taken a view that there are only three city's in Ireland, Dublin, Cork and Galway and they are concentrating on those three and everyone else can wait for the scraps,

I did actually! Best move I've ever made!
    But yet you constantly post negativity in the Waterford section

But yet you constantly post negativity in the Waterford section

I'm sick to the teeth of how little has ben done by elected representatives both at local and national level. DC & JH are only here for photo opportunities as for Mary Butler v Ciara Conway, what's the difference? Jokes of representatives!
    All sideline politicians, waiting to see what way the wind in blowing before forming an opinion, if they're allowed one!

Tell me then all about the current positive happenings in Waterford?

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2016/05/booming_sports_companies_look.html

What would it take for example to get a company such as this one to invest in Waterford? Who out there carries big brown envelopes and waives taxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

I'm out of work over a year now and it's so so hard to take knock after knock. I've applied for numerous jobs and I follow them up the best I can and still nothing.

It's so frustration to not even get a reply to an application and when you ring them to follow up some are nice about it but others are not. I have a feeling it's my age that's stopping me getting a job as I had my CV professional done and I have qualifications coming out my ears.

• Advertisement

200motels wrote: »
    I'm out of work over a year now and it's so so hard to take knock after knock. I've applied for numerous jobs and I follow them up the best I can and still nothing.

It's so frustration to not even get a reply to an application and when you ring them to follow up some are nice about it but others are not. I have a feeling it's my age that's stopping me getting a job as I had my CV professional done and I have qualifications coming out my ears.

Then move on! Nothing is happening there. You're probably over qualified with more qualifications than the person reading your application.

I can empathise with how you feel! I've been there and its not a good place to be.:)

Advertisement