Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

6-9 month contracts for the weekend shift i heard

What hours we'd that be. 3x 10hr shifts, Fri,sat,sun ??. Would not mind a mid week contract. Might give it a shot next time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

PTH2009 wrote: »
    What hours we'd that be. 3x 10hr shifts, Fri,sat,sun ??. Would not mind a mid week contract. Might give it a shot next time

As far as i know its 9pm-9am Friday/Saturday night then following week 9am-9pm Saturday/Sunday day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

As far as i know its 9pm-9am Friday/Saturday night then following week 9am-9pm Saturday/Sunday day

That's the one.

Expansion taking place so there should be a few more jobs available until at least the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Copied from Momo's facebook page

We are looking for part time floor staff to join our team. Experience working in a busy restaurant is essential. Must be flexible to work nights and weekends.
    If you are interested please contact Kamila on 0863213263, email kamila@momorestaurant.ie or drop your CV in to the restaurant.

hours are not suited for a sports fan anyway lol. best of luck if anyone here applys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Daaryl

Just hand a cv in at reception is it?

You can email them too at waterford.reception@bausch.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Daaryl wrote: »
    You can email them too at waterford.reception@bausch.com

Might be better to hand in a copy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

How do u apply for the wit exams thing. Mite be a nice earner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭deadybai

Thinking of applying for eistec as I'm desperate for a job. Is it really as bad as they say? If so how? Also what are the hours and wages like?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

deadybai wrote: »
    Thinking of applying for eistec as I'm desperate for a job. Is it really as bad as they say? If so how? Also what are the hours and wages like?

Some people like it, other people don't like it. You won't know until you try it for yourself. The hours vary depending on the department and you will start on a minimum wage, with a potential to earn more(again, depending on the department)

Best of luck if you do decide to apply!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

BazBox wrote: »
    Some people like it, other people don't like it. You won't know until you try it for yourself. The hours vary depending on the department and you will start on a minimum wage, with a potential to earn more(again, depending on the department)

Best of luck if you do decide to apply!

Gerry Conlon!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hotshot88

anyone ever been to an eishtec assesment for Cust. Service Agent before, going to one on monday wondered if anyone knew what they entail, is it just q and a or is there a practial side as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Wexboy64

Best of luck,
    Havent heard anything about what's involved in it, but let us know when you have done it and what's involved as I have one myself coming up.

Also have heard their hr dept are ringing former employees wanting to know if they want to come back, a few of my friends that worked there got calls in the past few days

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

I know someone who recently went through the Eishtech recruitment process. I believe the first part was a sort of group exercise thing where people answered a few general questions and involved a bit of a practical exercise where people had to perform a task being monitored by staff. After getting through that process the next stage was an hour long interview a week later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,694 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    I know someone who recently went through the Eishtech recruitment process. I believe the first part was a sort of group exercise thing where people answered a few general questions and involved a bit of a practical exercise where people had to perform a task being monitored by staff. After getting through that process the next stage was an hour long interview a week later.

That's an awful lot of interviewing and tasks etc for a call centre job. And a call centre which has an absolutely terrible reputation. I have yet to meet ONE person who has anything positive to say about the place..

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

That's an awful lot of interviewing and tasks etc for a call centre job. And a call centre which has an absolutely terrible reputation. I have yet to meet ONE person who has anything positive to say about the place..

Yeah I'd agree... sure its not known as Austech for no reason!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

I work there and it is not bad at all(some things I don't like but I have worked in worse places for less money), but sure the people who have never worked there must be right so lets continue to badmouth a place that gives plenty of employment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Deisegodeo wrote: »

My interview was only 20 mins or so, that was in October, but definitely not an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

KFC looking for staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

From their facebook page

Waterford Marina Hotel would like to invite applications for the following positions...

Experienced Senior Receptionist
    We need a strong person to join our team and assist our revenue manager in the smooth running of the front desk operations.
    Must have knowledge of Hotsoft or Similar system, Website Rates & Inventory plus dealing with group bookings.
    Must have a minimum 2 years Hotel Reception Experience

Part Time Receptionist
    The ideal candidate should have experience in customer checkin and checkout, entering reservations, customer queries and preferably a knowledge of Hotsoft or Similar system.

Fluent in English is a Must with a Friendly and Positive Manner.
    Must be prepared to work Shifts and Weekends.

Apply with CV and Cover Letter to gm@waterfordmarinahotel.com or Hard Copy to HR Department, Waterford Marina Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭brickysession

Driver required for all local day work. Must have held C licence or C&E licence for a minimum of 2 years and also hold a valid drivers CPC card.

3 month contract to start and could become full time.

PM me if interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Everybody I have talking to who have worked there have sounded like they are suicidal. Not being flippant, but I heard people saying it is "soul destroying".

There's another call centre opening in Waterford. Emerald I think there called.

Costcutters opening too somewhere in the city too.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    There's another call centre opening in Waterford. Emerald I think there called..

This is already open, a friend of mine works there, and they are moving to a new building soon(no idea when), and sure to be looking for new employees.
    No complaints from my friend about it yet.

• Advertisement

This is already open, a friend of mine works there, and they are moving to a new building soon(no idea when), and sure to be looking for new employees.
    No complaints from my friend about it yet.

Waterford the city of Call Centres

Advertisement