Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Didn't the Topaz used to be Texaco?

It used to be a Shell station.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

It used to be a Shell station.

Ah yes, that's right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

o sorry, yeah it's maxol by Waterford crystal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Harveys is looking for staff.

Fire Service advertising for part timers also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

gman2k wrote: »
    Harveys is looking for staff.

would that be for both the same place? hahahaha :cool:

• Advertisement

Elbows22 wrote: »

Yeah, you need to be able to deal with the following
    flaminglambo.jpg
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭decies

Elbows22 wrote: »
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭alan89

Where did you see this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭alan89

Never mind... found it.

Here if anyone is looking:
    http://www.localgovernmentjobs.ie/search/job_details.asp?jid=3232

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Didn't the Topaz used to be Texaco?

Topaz took over Shell/Statoil stations. They are the same company. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MFZ

Argos signs taken down today.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 afee_wils2011

Hi,

Has anyone heard of any factories in the estate that might be taking on people?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭decies

If you unemployed have a look at these free courses ,i got accepted for the open university digital life one http://www.bluebrick.ie/Springboard/

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

Have an interview in Rigney Dolphine thanks to this thread ^_^

Anyone interview there before? Got any advice/tips.

Hope I get this job, fecking miserable being on the dole. Living out of home on 100E a week is no fun at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭biddyteabags

Kitty_Ears wrote: »

Hope I get this job, fecking miserable being on the dole. Living out of home on 100E a week is no fun at all...

Hey

Well I was at an assessment a few weeks ago and found it very hard. The PC skills and grammer was okay but I found the scenerios very hard and was very nervous at the interview. There was a few people there who were currently working in other call centres in the area so they obviously got a job. The woman said I done very well but that they were just taking on a very small number that day. I was disappointed but it was a great experience. Just know alot about Rigney Dolphin and your skills, experience etc

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

alan89 wrote: »
    What type of jobs do they offer in there?

Interviews have already started. IT security admin. Job has been outsourced to Manpower. Google them and look for a position advertised in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

I was working there up to a while ago, got fed up doing the job :D The exam for me had some common pc terminology, with some easy problem solving. You then go into another room to test your grammer on a word document, its follow the instructions nothing hard. Then its just an interview with Meg(more then likely) just say you love helping people and you make sure issues always get solved and your enjoy learning new skills. You'll be fine ;)

Had the interview, seemed to go ok...
    Just waiting on a call now :L

Still no call ): Others have told me when they where interviewed they where called on the day and offered a job...
    Does this mean no job for me? ):

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭garp

Chin up Kitty. Keep going for it.

• Advertisement

Was talking to a few friends working there and they said that cos I was interviewed on a Fridaday I won't get a call till tuesday cos of the bank holiday...
    So fingers crossed.
    Apart from being bored on the dole, I'm only on the 100euro rate... nothing to live on aha. Neeeed work.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭eolasguy

Was talking to a few friends working there and they said that cos I was interviewed on a Fridaday I won't get a call till tuesday cos of the bank holiday...
    So fingers crossed.
    Apart from being bored on the dole, I'm only on the 100euro rate... nothing to live on aha. Neeeed work.

Hey OP, give them a call on Wednesday if you dont hear anything back. Training is not starting for a few days.

Don't worry about calling them some people think its desperate/needy looking but RD LOVE people that are anyway interested in the job. Just call them and speak to HR and just say that you interviewed on Friday and just wondering had all the postions been filled.

They sometimes forgot to call people. Some people just fall through the cracks so there is no harm in calling. Happened to a few friends that I handed CV's in for over the years and when they called they ALL got into the training class.

Just wait till Wednesday just to give them time to call you tomorrow;)

BEST OF LUCK!! You never know you could be sitting beside me in a couple of weeks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

yeah. Ring them. Good idea. I applied for the job I'm in now online and had forgotten all about it thinking the usual, you know. Then, 6 months later,out of the blue i got a call that if I was still available there was a job for me. That was 4 years ago and I'm still here.;)

Good idea to ring back, at least that way you'll know one way or the other, and they will know you're seriously interested. good luck and let us know.:)

Thanks for the advice everyone ^_^ Hopefully I'll get a call tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭eolasguy

Thanks for the advice everyone ^_^ Hopefully I'll get a call tomorrow!

Any luck?

No luck at all ): talking to another person from the interviews and they haven't been rang either though so maybe they're just being slow... See will some one lend me a phone to ring them tomorrow :L Ima throw another cv in to them online anyways :L

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Anybody ever work wit 365 reply out by the new W.I.T. campus. I have an interview their Thursday as a trainee sales executive. Its through FAS so its a 6 month contract for no salary. The way things are its experience even though im getting nothing. Can anybody tell me what they are like to work for if they have worked or know anybody who has worked their.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Anybody ever work wit 365 reply out by the new W.I.T. campus. I have an interview their Thursday as a trainee sales executive. Its through FAS so its a 6 month contract for no salary. The way things are its experience even though im getting nothing. Can anybody tell me what they are like to work for if they have worked or know anybody who has worked their.

6 months working for free? That's not work experience, that's what's known as exploitation.
    Sorry I don't have any other advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

6 months working for free? That's not work experience, that's what's known as exploitation.
    Sorry I don't have any other advice.

Yes when i went to An Ubar they applied my CV to alot of places for work placement. Its just im on the dole 2 years now and my Finance Degree is getting worthless every day, its frustrating but i dont know if i have any other choie. Nobody will give you a start without experience. Also you still get your dole but the expenses of getting to and from work probably getting lunch and buying suits add up when all your getting is your dole for workin a 40 hour week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

I take on board it's exploitation and theres a lot of it about these days. the cute hoors are still with us. But lousy as it is it will be on your'e cv as being working. And employers will have more regard for you at an interview to see you were prepared to work for nothing rather than just stagnate.

Advertisement