Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

gutted had a interview for rigney dolphin but didnt get the job......horrible feeling :(

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

Sirsok wrote: »
    gutted had a interview for rigney dolphin but didnt get the job......horrible feeling :(

It just happened to me aswell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

Randy Savage is dead!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randy Savage is dead!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you! SG i believe :) also in the same boat as sirsok....****ing jobless but atleast you live in waterford.....i wanna live there but cant cause of this bloody recession :(

Also does any body know how many people rigney dolphin actually took on......60 people were apparently interviewed

I know you! SG i believe :) also in the same boat as sirsok....****ing jobless but atleast you live in waterford.....i wanna live there but cant cause of this bloody recession :(

Also does any body know how many people rigney dolphin actually took on......60 people were apparently interviewed

Yeah who's this?

• Advertisement

Yeah who's this?

Im guessing from the soc its a fellow shane?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭alan89

For anyone that didn't get the RigneyDolphin jobs don't let it get to you. They actually have a strict assessment rules when they are hiring a large group. (If its a small group all the rules seem to go out the window :P).

Make sure you apply again. They LOVE people who show an interest and that seem enthusiastic about working there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

alan89 wrote: »
    For anyone that didn't get the RigneyDolphin jobs don't let it get to you. They actually have a strict assessment rules when they are hiring a large group. (If its a small group all the rules seem to go out the window :P).

Make sure you apply again. They LOVE people who show an interest and that seem enthusiastic about working there.

To be honest i reckon at least 70% of the staff possibly applied 2-3 times before getting a job there. The fact that you would have gotten an interview this time round would really help your chances if more positions came about. Id reckon for each one person that went in for an interview 7 or 8 would have been turned down so thats a good sign.

Im guessing from the soc its a fellow shane?:)

Well fancy meetin your straight edge on the internet.
    Elbows22
    To be honest i reckon at least 70% of the staff possibly applied 2-3 times before getting a job there. The fact that you would have gotten an interview this time round would really help your chances if more positions came about. Id reckon for each one person that went in for an interview 7 or 8 would have been turned down so thats a good sign.

thanks to alan and elbows.....your words are encouraging.....wont be giving up....have my current apt till 31st then if no job back to kk and away from the missus :( thanks to all the posters also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Well fancy meetin your straight edge on the internet.

thanks to alan and elbows.....your words are encouraging.....wont be giving up....have my current apt till 31st then if no job back to kk and away from the missus :( thanks to all the posters also

I applied myself 3 times and to be honest i didnt even realise until my interview the successful time that it was for sales.
    So i guess it was 3rd time lucky and to be honest as much as everyone badmouths the place they are consistantly taking on staff and at this moment i wouldnt dream of changing -good money and great oppertunities to join one of the different sports teams organised in there.

As was said to me last week "A job is only a job if you dont like the position, other than that your getting paid for something that you like to do" (or something along the lines of it :) )

My advice - Keep applying , the more times you apply it shows the more you are interested in a position there and then you are more than likely to be dedicated to turning up everyday if hired :)

Speaking of killkenny - I think taxback.com are possibly looking for call center staff - il check it out and get back to you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Nickfro

Sorry to hear but dont feel to bad. Im currently working in a well known call center in Waterford and yet everyday I come into work I find the first thing I do is log onto this thread and similar ones, looking for a new job.

Call center work is different and interesting at the start but it gets tiring and painful very quickly. I would happily hand you my job if another one came up anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

i heard through a freind that orange (uk mobile network) have a call centre in waterford in the industrial estate on the cork rd and are looking for staff, anyone know if there's any truth to this?

also i applied for a job in rigney dolphin and i got a call from them Tuesday just gone, it was kind of like a mini interview over the phone and i was told id hear back from them soon, i can only think this is a good thing right or is it normal?...

did anyone else get a similar call who have applied for a job with them?

i heard through a freind that orange (uk mobile network) have a call centre in waterford in the industrial estate on the cork rd and are looking for staff, anyone know if there's any truth to this?

also i applied for a job in rigney dolphin and i got a call from them Tuesday just gone, it was kind of like a mini interview over the phone and i was told id hear back from them soon, i can only think this is a good thing right or is it normal?...

You sure they not talking about Meteor?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

It's a new outsource call centre called P-Cubed, on the site of the old NTL building. One of their campaigns will be outbounding existing Orange customers, trying to sell them broadband.

It's a new outsource call centre called P-Cubed, on the site of the old NTL building. One of their campaigns will be outbounding existing Orange customers, trying to sell them broadband.

That site looks fair dodgy!!! lol

Anyone ever worked there? What other campaigns they do in there?

alan89 wrote: »
    That site looks fair dodgy!!! lol

Anyone ever worked there? What other campaigns they do in there?

Not sure about other campaigns as yet. They're a brand new outfit. I don't think they've even opened yet (if not, it's imminent). I agree, website is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Thats an appalling website, was it designed by a blind albanian or something?

I hear some former AOL(talktalk) management are involved in this callcentre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Those albanian web designers get a lot of stick

I hear some former AOL(talktalk) management are involved in this callcentre.

can-of-worms.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭few cans?

saw a sign in Peter Marks in city square looking for models, and to apply within, for all you beautiful people of Waterford :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

few cans? wrote: »
    saw a sign in Peter Marks in city square looking for models, and to apply within, for all you beautiful people of Waterford :)

I don't think that could be called a paying job....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭few cans?

gman2k wrote: »
    I don't think that could be called a paying job....

im sure ya'd get a few pound for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

im sure ya'd get a few pound for it!

I'm sure you're wrong about that! Anyway - off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 TaraP1993

you get your hair done for free not paid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Saw a sign on Dunphy's shop looking for part-time staff!

It says to drop a CV in to the manager! Very small sign and I only saw it because my mam went into the shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I think it was already mentioned but argos are looking for a part time sales assistant.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sign up at BPM for a sweet shop, think its the one near the old cinema, looking for staff. Argos still taking CVs. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

sign in the texaco garage by waterford crystal looking for staff, deli and shop for weekend and/or nightshift. (think they have two posts available)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Kanoe wrote: »
    sign in the texaco garage by waterford crystal looking for staff, deli and shop for weekend and/or nightshift. (think they have two posts available)

Texaco by Waterford Crystal? There isn't one near Waterford Crystal, the nearest station would be Topaz or even Maxol if you were referring to the old crystal site?

Is it the one out towards the car garages?

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    Texaco by Waterford Crystal? There isn't one near Waterford Crystal, the nearest station would be Topaz or even Maxol if you were referring to the old crystal site?

Is it the one out towards the car garages?

Didn't the Topaz used to be Texaco?

Advertisement