Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Oh no, It's for me when I'm finished school next year and will be 17. I am interested in becoming a radio dj, working on the radio.

Have you worked in a radio station before? On work experience or anything like that?

claire2010 wrote: »
    Can't find a fecking job anywhere :(

Have you applied for all the jobs on this thread? We've had one success story already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭claire2010

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Have you applied for all the jobs on this thread? We've had one success story already!

No not yet, but I shall. :)

claire2010 wrote: »
    No not yet, but I shall. :)

Good stuff. The thread gets updated regularly by people in and around town so if you're open to the type of job you'd do, I'm sure they'll be something that'll come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 afee_wils2011

Does anyone know of any of the factories in the estate that are taking on people?? Any kind of work will do not fussy about wage or hours?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Technically 2 - I got my job in Rigney from looking at this thread back in August as far as i remember :)

On another note as regards Rigney - a lot of people saying its such a bad place to work - since I started there back in August ive never regretted it one bit.
    Call center work may be mind numbing at times but i may have been one of the lucky ones to land a job on the UPC sales campaigns in there.
    It may be minimum wage but you also get commission on top of it so basically the harder you work the more you earn so basically on terms of wages (excuse the mention of the enemy :) ) the sky's the limit :)
    As a company themselves I have found them to be very good to employee's in terms of treatment etc. Always incentives to boost your sales to benefit your wages at the end of the week etc aswell as their own obviously (you could come out some days with a voucher for €50 for having most sales or simply as the best improver from the day before ), very employee orientated because i suppose at the end of the day its the employee's that make a company :)

Its as simple as this - Your enjoyment in your job is based on how you approach it - If you go in with thoughts in your head like you think its going to be a bad day then of course its going to be a bad day - there is a lot to be said about being upbeat about things.

Exactly what it says on the tin :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Does anyone know of any of the factories in the estate that are taking on people?? Any kind of work will do not fussy about wage or hours?? :confused:

Hasbro usually take on a good few for the summer months. Nothing glam about it but it should tie you over for 4/5 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sasalovestw

Have you worked in a radio station before? On work experience or anything like that?
    No I haven't started that yet. I'd like to start next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

Experienced full and part time bar staff required for Shortts pub and Crystal night club opening soon in Waterford city
    Please contact Valerie at 0857455959 or E - MAIL valeriered123@yahoo.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭alan89

Elbows22 wrote: »
    Exactly what it says on the tin :)

Are we?

alan89 wrote: »
    Are we?

yeah - some assesments tomorrow and taking in cvs aswell

No I haven't started that yet. I'd like to start next year.

Just my input on it but I reckon that's too late to start. From my experience, anyone who's into that kind of thing is already involved long before they finish school.

If I were you, I'd be going to WLR or Beat or whatever station you're into and asking if I could go on unpaid work experience there. If you want to follow that as a career path, you'll need the contacts and, if you want to study in that field (I think some of the Dublin colleges offer courses), they'll want to see experience too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Just my input on it but I reckon that's too late to start. From my experience, anyone who's into that kind of thing is already involved long before they finish school.

If I were you, I'd be going to WLR or Beat or whatever station you're into and asking if I could go on unpaid work experience there. If you want to follow that as a career path, you'll need the contacts and, if you want to study in that field (I think some of the Dublin colleges offer courses), they'll want to see experience too.

I agree with the second part, but not the first.

If you've got the talent and the drive, then you'll make it in radio.

I had aspirations to work on radio but got tired of it quickly enough. Here's my advice.

Firstly, get friendly with some people in WLR - I'll point you in the right direction with that if you want. They run a course every year, I actually took part in the very first one. They may also let you use an idle studio to make your demo tape.

After that, get the fcuk out of WLR. Use them and move on. Because they are an unholy bunch of leeches and if you were to work for them you would grow to hate the bosses that rule the roost in there.

MAke your demo, prove you've got the stuff to do it, do some work for free...things like vox pops, making up on air documentaries (for example...do a piece on the ferrybank shopping centre...interview some locals...do some voice over work yourself and edit it all together) Nowadays you need to be technically efficient as well as having the voice for it.

It really doesn't matter what age you are if you have the talent and the determination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭vtec_vixen

obt wrote: »
    rigney dolphin will be taking on between 10-20 people in about a month, this won't be advertised so submit your CV into their website, its the only CV's they will look at apart from ones submitted by employees for family members etc

I Actually have an interview with Rigney Dolphin on Thursday, put in Cv online yest and got a phonecall for an assessment on thursday almost immediately, Does/has anyone worked there? What divisions are in the waterford branch?
    Ive heard UPC, Meteor etc any others, what does the sales role involve, Im being assessed for both sales and customer care, which would be best to take? what are the Shifts like?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

Come on now nkay. No need for sarcasm here. Theres more jobs posted here than the papers and fas put together. I'll bet many people have gotten jobs from this thread.

Nearly 39,000 visits now-2nd highest on the Waterford City forum. People are desperate for any kind of a job so keep posting folks.

Godsentme wrote: »
    Come on now nkay. No need for sarcasm here. Theres more jobs posted here than the papers and fas put together. I'll bet many people have gotten jobs from this thread.

Nearly 39,000 visits now-2nd highest on the Waterford City forum. People are desperate for any kind of a job so keep posting folks.

Your sarcasm detector must be broken because that wasn't my intention and obviously the poster didn't take it that way either. I obviously wasn't referring to a all the jobs that have been posted here as most of them will have been filled by now but anything posted within the last month is fair game. My point was that there are loads of jobs posted here so it's a useful tool for any unemployed person.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

another success to come from this thread. Got a job out in Rigney Dolphin today:D Thanks for all the effort ppl put into this thread:)

xFROSTY Gx wrote: »
    another success to come from this thread. Got a job out in Rigney Dolphin today:D Thanks for all the effort ppl put into this thread:)

Great stuff. Delighted to hear it.

Seems like the Waterford board is taking over Rigney Dolphin too!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 afee_wils2011

Hi guys,

Is there any factory work out there?? Any one know of anyone taking on at the moment??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

xFROSTY Gx wrote: »

Thats brilliant news! Did you only do the assessment the day you got the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Aldi in Ferrybank have signs up looking for staff

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Thats brilliant news! Did you only do the assessment the day you got the job?

Yup did the assessment yesterday morning. was told they would call me on thursday as there are more assessments to be done but I got a call yesterday evening saying I got the job:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Argos are looking for a temp part time sales assistant. Be ideal for a student/school I'd say. Sign up in their window.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

Currently working for IBM in Waterford. I was looking to move on and I got a web development job yesterday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Nickfro

Currently working for IBM in Waterford. I was looking to move on and I got a web development job yesterday. :)

IBM are in waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

Nickfro wrote: »
    IBM are in waterford?

Shush! It's a well kept secret! :)
    Around a dozen or so employees based in a client's site in the IDA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭alan89

Shush! It's a well kept secret! :)
    Around a dozen or so employees based in a client's site in the IDA.

What type of jobs do they offer in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

Theatre royal jobs seem too be all gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭Speak Now

alan89 wrote: »
    What type of jobs do they offer in there?

I.T i guess

Advertisement