Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve - Interview/Report-Writing (see Moderator note: POST#1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

Balto wrote: »
    Hey Spudz .
    From sending in application to interview how long were you kept waiting ?

Only just saw this post.... I applied start of May, got notice of interviews start of June and did my interview start of July:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

spudz21 wrote: »
    Maybe its cos u live in Kerry:p
    Ah, but seriously stay positive:D:D
    I was scared about mine!?!

got an email back from pas, the scripts are independently corrected,and there was a delay in correcting them. the results for killarney will be posted tomorrow, 14th july. so fingers crossed, and toes and anything else i can cross. :D

dkhill47 wrote: »
    got an email back from pas, the scripts are independently corrected,and there was a delay in correcting them. the results for killarney will be posted tomorrow, 14th july. so fingers crossed, and toes and anything else i can cross. :D

Best of luck:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭we3gkfu6qit95s

Hi 2 evry1 im new to this forum..
    went for my interview last wednesday (assumin same time as spud? btw congrats :)) got a letter today to say im through to the next phase also so abso delighted..
    jus a quick question?is the interview an report writing the toughest phase??if somebody could answer it would be greatly appreciated..

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Spartan09

went for my interview last wednesday (assumin same time as spud? btw congrats :)) got a letter today to say im through to the next phase also so abso delighted..
    jus a quick question?is the interview an report writing the toughest phase??if somebody could answer it would be greatly appreciated..

For me the toughest part is waiting for the Background check to come back, very frustrating and Im not even waiting as long as most people on here!!

• Advertisement

Heya, Well done!!
    We probably did see each other at the report writing:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭we3gkfu6qit95s

spudz21 wrote: »
    Heya, Well done!!
    We probably did see each other at the report writing:D:D

yea probably :D
    im dreadin filling out my form its so time consumin..
    hopefully its worth it in the end:)

morning, anyone out there who did the interview in killarney 2 weeks ago here any thing back, ive been waiting 15 days and noting, results supposed to be posted yesterday according to pas. so i should get it tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭EGOSHEA

Hey dk, I'm in the same boat - nothing arrived for me today so I guess tomorrow it is then. All the best to yourself and anyone else out there at the killarney interviews.

EGOSHEA wrote: »
    Hey dk, I'm in the same boat - nothing arrived for me today so I guess tomorrow it is then. All the best to yourself and anyone else out there at the killarney interviews.

cheers:) EGOSHEA, nice to know i'm not alone!!! u in kerry?

• Advertisement

cheers:) EGOSHEA, nice to know i'm not alone!!! u in kerry?
    No; i'm in Cork myself. Used to work down in killarney though - nice neck of the woods i have to say.

Heard from a reservist the other day who's been trained and serving for a year. He was saying that attitudes of full-timers towards reservists seems to vary based on the specific station as well as the reservist's reasons for joining. Apparently, those wanting to get some experience for the full-time post are usually very welcome and given advice and guidance, etc. If someone joins and doesn't seem to be too interested in that, or is just "a busybody" (to use the guy's term), then they can be a bit resented. I've no immediate plans of joining full-time (can't anyway because of the moratorium), so i hope it works out. That's if i get past the interview stage anyway! All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭I'm listening

No; i'm in Cork myself. Used to work down in killarney though - nice neck of the woods i have to say.

Heard from a reservist the other day who's been trained and serving for a year. He was saying that attitudes of full-timers towards reservists seems to vary based on the specific station as well as the reservist's reasons for joining. Apparently, those wanting to get some experience for the full-time post are usually very welcome and given advice and guidance, etc. If someone joins and doesn't seem to be too interested in that, or is just "a busybody" (to use the guy's term), then they can be a bit resented. I've no immediate plans of joining full-time (can't anyway because of the moratorium), so i hope it works out. That's if i get past the interview stage anyway! All the best.

Ya, you basically summed it up there. Been in the Reserve for nearly two years and thats the impression I'm after getting.

Good luck

Ya, you basically summed it up there. Been in the Reserve for nearly two years and thats the impression I'm after getting.

Good luck
    Thanks, i'm listening.

is there anyone applying from kerry!!!! god i was the only one the day i did my interview! i'm kinda worried about the attitude towards reserves in kerry, there is so few reserves in kerry its hard to grasp.

is there anyone applying from kerry!!!! god i was the only one the day i did my interview! i'm kinda worried about the attitude towards reserves in kerry, there is so few reserves in kerry its hard to grasp.
    No worries, dk - the day i was there, i was talking to two girls from kerry. One was from tralee and intends on joining full-time. most of the other lads there looked like big, bolshy football players too so you should have some 'company from the kingdom' at templemore ;)

No worries, dk - the day i was there, i was talking to two girls from kerry. One was from tralee and intends on joining full-time. most of the other lads there looked like big, bolshy football players too so you should have some 'company from the kingdom' at templemore ;)

when i finally get the results letter, one its good news i wont care if i'm stuck with a buch of cork fellas:p;)

16 Days since interview and no result. :mad: maybe tomorrow? or maybe this is a board snip nua recommendation, PAS will discontinue the use of paper for correspondence and will instead us telepathic means:D:D:D this is killing me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

results posted on the 14th ... sent Dublin -> Cork mail sorting centre -> Kerry distribution office -> Dingle Dangain Ui Chuis -> chez dkhill47 --> I'd imagine tomorrow, Friday at absolute latest if indeed they were posted on the 14th. At least you know they are en route though.

kerry4sam wrote: »
    results posted on the 14th ... sent Dublin -> Cork mail sorting centre -> Kerry distribution office -> Dingle Dangain Ui Chuis -> chez dkhill47 --> I'd imagine tomorrow, Friday at absolute latest if indeed they were posted on the 14th. At least you know they are en route though.

thanks kerry, just over reacting, i'm not expecting them till early next week now, then i cant disappointed then! :D

well the letter came..........and.......successful, cant believe it. thanks to everyone for all the advice, especially you kerry4sam!!!:D

• Advertisement

well the letter came..........and.......successful, cant believe it. thanks to everyone for all the advice, especially you kerry4sam!!!:D

hey congrats you must be delighted, celebrating over the week-end eh?.

I seriously didn't help you out anymore than anyone else who posts on here though but thanks anyways dkhill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭gailgo

hi all , i was told last month , i will have a interview in galway in sep so hoping that will happen any one else told that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cathykelly

gailgo wrote: »
    hi all , i was told last month , i will have a interview in galway in sep so hoping that will happen any one else told that

I sent my application in over 3wks ago and then rang Public Jobs and was told I would have my interview in Galway too but as of yet, still no confirmation....
    How bout you??

cathykelly wrote: »
    I sent my application in over 3wks ago and then rang Public Jobs and was told I would have my interview in Galway too but as of yet, still no confirmation....
    How bout you??
    i applied last april and i rang there about a month ago and i was told galway was the nearest to me and my name was in for interview in september

hey everyone i got a email this morning saying i will have a interview the first week of september in the ennis , galway area at last its going to begin for me

hey everyone i got a email this morning saying i will have a interview the first week of september in the ennis , galway area at last its going to begin for me

GoodLuck in your preparations gailgo

GoodLuck in your preparations gailgo
    THANKS KERRY HOW ARE THINGS GOING FOR YOU

THANKS KERRY HOW ARE THINGS GOING FOR YOU

& you have a months' notice about it aswell, I like the way they organise that for people.

Ah, I'm just awaiting a date for a medical with a few months now and if I'm honest I wouldn't mind even a days' notice to get to get my medical done :pac:

& you have a months' notice about it aswell, I like the way they organise that for people.

Ah, I'm just awaiting a date for a medical with a few months now and if I'm honest I wouldn't mind even a days' notice to get to get my medical done :pac:
    THATS NOT TOO BAD IM MABY HOPING IT WILL BE QUICK ENOUGH IF I PASS FIRST STAGE ANY THING I SHOULD DO OR WORK ON

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭barneycotter

hey man iv the interview soon for the reserves any direction in whats the interview like what questions are you asked

Advertisement