Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve - Interview/Report-Writing (see Moderator note: POST#1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭tcd

Did you get your interview time and date through e-mail or post? Still waiting on mine, might give them a ring if I don't have it by 3 today. Just have to try get a day off work for it next week.

I rang up yesterday because i was having problems actually sending my application by email so i was just ringing to check if it went through and i just asked at the end do you know my date and she told me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭greydiamond

Think I better give them a ring so. Do you have the number handy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭tcd

Think I better give them a ring so. Do you have the number handy?

It's just on publicjobs.ie the number is

Anyone know whats best to wear to the interview with public appointments?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

Anyone know whats best to wear to the interview with public appointments?

suit or else shirt tie and black pants and black shoes something formal anyway :D

• Advertisement

Cheers, was thinking that alright. I assume the report writing and interview are on the same day at roughly the same time. Like finish the report writing at 11 and interviews at half 11?

yes all in the same day but i dont know how long of a break you would get to be honest...:cool:

Cheers for all the help, have the interview in 2 weeks. Trying to come up with every possible question they could ask me and get an answer prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

Cheers, was thinking that alright. I assume the report writing and interview are on the same day at roughly the same time. Like finish the report writing at 11 and interviews at half 11?

usually the interviews are conducted in the morning (individually) and the written exam is taken in the afternoon (by everyone together)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Spartan09

Scouser wrote: »
    usually the interviews are conducted in the morning (individually) and the written exam is taken in the afternoon (by everyone together)

I had my exam in the morning and interview immediately afterwards. I also seen someone there who had interview first then exam so depends on when they schedule you. I would definitely advise dressing formally. Interview is straightforward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 em09

Well lads finally got my date for the reserves, interview is next wedneaday the 24th of march 2010 in dublin city center. Anybody else here get called for that date?? my written test is on at 1.00pm and the interview is on 3.00pm. I'm fairly comfortable with the written test but how strict is the spelling and grammer??

em09 wrote: »
    Well lads finally got my date for the reserves, interview is next wedneaday the 24th of march 2010 in dublin city center. Anybody else here get called for that date?? my written test is on at 1.00pm and the interview is on 3.00pm. I'm fairly comfortable with the written test but how strict is the spelling and grammer??

they are quiet strict so i would have your house in order lik :cool:

Yeah, got my date and time for next Wednesday. From what I've heard, spelling is taken pretty seriously, so if you cant spell a word 100% just use a different word.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,757 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

...and make sure you know how to spell grammar in case you're asked!

psni wrote: »

:pac::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

And City Centre..

Be sure to let us know how you get on!

trail man wrote: »
    usually the weekends are the worst.. Have noticed that the gougers can spot a weak link in the garda chain a mile away and lots of new garda reserves fit the bill on that score.. if you are lucky you will just get an earful of very agressive verbal abuse.. not so lucky you could get punched and spat at and sometimes the women can be worse then the men..
    after a few months you toughen up.. SOMEWHAT...:cool:...

Do you feel you can defend yourself pretty well if you're attacked, even by a big tough looking guy? (with the moves you've learned)

I'm just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trail man

PeteK* wrote: »
    And City Centre..

Be sure to let us know how you get on!

Do you feel you can defend yourself pretty well if you're attacked, even by a big tough looking guy? (with the moves you've learned)

I'm just curious.

the moves you learn in templemore are great.. problem is time passes and lets say after a year you are attacked unless you keep rehearsing the moves you kinda forget and before you know it wham bam youre on the defensive and anything is possibble to happen to you..

• Registered Users Posts: 17 em09

Thanks lads for the advice, ye can see why i had concern over spelling and grammar:D i'll let you know how i get on next wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

Best the look with Wednesday, If you have an interview in the morning - your exam will be after, lunchtime..But check when your there...Once again you will fly through it...:)
    em09 wrote: »
    Thanks lads for the advice, ye can see why i had concern over spelling and grammar:D i'll let you know how i get on next wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 GR midlands

MODERATOR MESSAGE FOR EVERYONE ***please read our forum charter before posting***

Hello,
    im new here on this website, I have an interview+written exa thrusday week, just wondering if anyone has one too, it's in the midlands by the way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Hello,
    im new here on this website, I have an interview+written exa thrusday week, just wondering if anyone has one too, it's in the midlands by the way!

When did you apply?

Hiya frank,
    I applied in 21stfeb on public jobs.ie i then got an email on the 5th of march for filling out the app, then i sent it in & i recieved a letter in the post on wednesday gone.

Just got the letter today to say I pass the interview/report writing......I know, still a long way to go.

After I send off the BR form, can the medical happen before the BR form comes back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭lippy88

Anybody headn for the interviews in donegal next week??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Tras-peachy

hey.. ive mine next wednesday (21st) but its in donegal. bit nervous about it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 supra888

Hiya frank,
    I applied in 21stfeb on public jobs.ie i then got an email on the 5th of march for filling out the app, then i sent it in & i recieved a letter in the post on wednesday gone.

could you tell me if there is still a link to register to apply to join the GR, thanks.:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,757 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Towards the end of this page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 supra888

Towards the end of this page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Tras-peachy

lippy88 wrote: »
    Anybody headn for the interviews in donegal next week??

on the 21st !? i am.. ;)

• Advertisement

Hiya all,
    Ok so interview+exam is over & done with since last thrusday , so how long would it normally be before you here back from PAS??

Advertisement