Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[KEEP IT CIVIL] Wikileaks release Video of the murder of Iraqi civilians

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

OP were you in a coma or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

As I said in the post you quoted, I'm no apologist for the yanks. I haven't seen that video you're referring to, so I can't really comment on it to be honest. But I've no reason to doubt the content you mentioned. I generally stay off 'bandwagons' and like to make up my own mind about things.

It just annoys me how far people will go to justify the actions of the US... how many years, how many wars, how many dead? at what point will people say, hang on a minute, there appears to be one country always involved in these things...

when will people wake up...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,893 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

RichieC wrote: »
    It just annoys me how far people will go to justify the actions of the US... how many years, how many wars, how many dead? at what point will people say, hang on a minute, there appears to be one country always involved in these things...

Nobody is trying to justify what happened but I can only speak for myself. In the thread I linked we spent a long time dissecting the video to understand what happened. In between though you get a lot of faux pas outrage like "Why do they need to patrol a war zone in a war-helicopter?!" etc.

There was very little, if any justification for that war. And fortunately, it's all but over at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Amazes me people are surprised about this sort of thing. Amazing that people actually buy into the media reports of how many people get killed. It seems a lot of people don't actually know just how powerful some of the weapons are which are used in Iraq or Afganistan. Its no laughing matter.

This sort of thing happens all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Yes..because people on Boards and in Ireland ALWAYS side and agree with the US. Sorry to tell but you are actually in the majority on this site at least..no need to be a bleeding heart as you are preaching to the converted

Also for your question, being that England has fought in the most wars I'd go with them for my answer to the one country that's involved or rather your statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Sadly I think people will never wake up, or certainly don't notice the repeating cycle that occurs. War is and always will be big business unfortunately. Scum like the halliburton's of this world yearn for war.

Advertisement