Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary O'Rourke Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Ah, ok, not a fan of RTE by any means but TV3? Come on! Fine if you want your tv to be of the calibre of Xposé, Take Me Out, I'm a Celebrity, X Factor and soaps......take Vincent Browne off TV3 and it would never, ever be watched by anyone other than FM104 (or 96FM in Cork) listeners and The Star readers. I'm surprised they haven't poached Joe Duffy.......

G'way willya...there's no way they could afford Joe Duffy!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Don't worry - She's not on yet. (Its only 9 am).

But I have a tenner in my hand that says she'll be on the airwaves before 3 o clock this afternoon.

If she's not, I'll be more than happy to donate the tenner to charity.

It'll be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

So which charity are you going to support ?

St Vincent de Paul -

in Athlone.

It was worth it !

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Well done! Now here's a bet for you - how many shows will she NOT be on after the budget is announced......:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,336 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Mary hasn't decided whether she'll run in the general election in the new year, I'd say that's partly to wrongfoot Kevin 'Boxer' Moran, her main FF rival in Athlone. She will be 74 next May so it may be time to hang up the boots.

http://www.westmeathindependent.ie/news/roundup/articles/2010/12/01/4001909-orourke-likely-to-run-as-boxer-and-mayor-remain-undecided/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

She's on RTE 1 now. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

At this stage she must be squatting in the montrose studios.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

For the love of god, she is talking about the "gossip in the dáil".. It was HER that started the issue of Cowan possibly stepping down, not anybody else.. I wish she would just stfu and retire..

telekon wrote: »
    At this stage she must be squatting in the montrose studios.

Or she has some sort of teleportation device between there and the Newstalk studios.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

Plowman wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I believe they are in Digges Lane in the same building as Today FM

I believe they are in Digges Lane in the same building as Today FM

Indeed. They share resources now......creating synergies for Denis O'Brien. Mary O'Rourke however is mainly a Newstalk asset/liability (delete as appropriate).

Mary O'Rourke however is mainly a Newstalk asset/ liability (delete as appropriate).

done

• Registered Users Posts: 13,052 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

O'Rourke did a massive U-Turn today by saying that she now supports Cowen's leadership of FF, two weeks after calling for a meeting to discuss the FF leadership. She's changed her mind.

Even her most loyal supporters must be embarrassed by her now.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

O'Rourke did a massive U-Turn today by saying that she now supports Cowen's leadership of FF, two weeks after calling for a meeting to discuss the FF leadership. She's changed her mind.

Even her most loyal supporters must be embarrassed by her now.

True, and all this from the woman who more or less forced people to go out and buy as many Eircom shares as they could afford! She lost all credibility after that!

Next she'll do another massive U-turn and reveal that she IS running for the Presidency next year!

On The Last Word now with Matt Cooper talking rubbish.

O'Rourke did a massive U-Turn today by saying that she now supports Cowen's leadership of FF, two weeks after calling for a meeting to discuss the FF leadership.

She did what? Has she no shame? Oh, what am I thinking. She's FF, of course she has no shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Why anyone heeds what that woman says is totally beyond me.

She did what? Has she no shame? Oh, what am I thinking. She's FF, of course she has no shame.

Very interesting on Today FM there... She had brought forth a proposal to have a "parliamentary discussion" on the leadership for January, but this was rejected by the party today at a parliamentary meeting (which is why there was none of them in the dáil chambers today btw)... So I'd say she's feeling a bit sheepish right now.. he subtle attempts to work the nephew in to the leadership have failed for the moment at least..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

I've found this woman seriously repellant for a long time now. However, her comment about Brian Cowen's wife earlier this week was a previously unimaginable new low. It betrayed a shameful lack of class and decency.

I only heard it on yesterday's News at One when Seán O'Rourke played it in his interview with Cowen.

She came across as a backstabbing ghoul, a venomous and viperous little turd. She is the same fattened calf who, in 2007, claimed that anybody who questioned the ethics of Patrick Bartholomew Ahern was guilty of 'treason'. Breathtaking.

The people in Longford-Westmeath who elect her are just as backward as those in Kerry South who elect Healy-Rae or in Dublin Central who elect Patrick Bartholomew Ahern.

I'll rejoice the day the Lenihan/O'Rourke ascendency in this republic is overthrown.

Rebelheart wrote: »
    I've found this woman seriously repellant for a long time now. However, her comment about Brian Cowen's wife earlier this week was a previously unimaginable new low. It betrayed a shameful lack of class and decency.

I only heard it on yesterday's News at One when Seán O'Rourke played it in his interview with Cowen.

She came across as a backstabbing ghoul, a venomous and viperous little turd. She is the same fattened calf who, in 2007, claimed that anybody who questioned the ethics of Patrick Bartholomew Ahern was guilty of 'treason'. Breathtaking.

The people in Longford-Westmeath who elect her are just as backward as those in Kerry South who elect Healy-Rae or in Dublin Central who elect Patrick Bartholomew Ahern.

I'll rejoice the day the Lenihan/O'Rourke ascendency in this republic is overthrown.

What did she say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

When I lived in London you would frequently see stickers stuck on the advertising posters along the escalators up from and down to the tube. They read "Queen Mum, hurry up and die". I'm thinking something similar for this geebag.

When I lived in London you would frequently see stickers stuck on the advertising posters along the escalators up from and down to the tube. They read "Queen Mum, hurry up and die". I'm thinking something similar for this geebag.

While I wouldn't wish this on the lady, she was on RTE1 this am with John Murray and honest to jasus the neck of her going forward again is mind boggling.

She has no shame at all ,after berating political twitter users last year she comes on to tweet the radio station to say she is running again.:eek:

When Dublin John took her to task she just laughed it off.

people of Athlone cop yourselves on and retire her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

While I wouldn't wish this on the lady, she was on RTE1 this am with John Murray and honest to jasus the neck of her going forward again is mind boggling.

She has no shame at all ,after berating political twitter users last year she comes on to tweet the radio station to say she is running again.:eek:

When Dublin John took her to task she just laughed it off.

people of Athlone cop yourselves on and retire her

It's in her genes, this "I'm Doing a Great Public Service, Not Just Lining My Pockets" malarky. She's a prime spoofer from a long line of prime spoofers.

She's on The Right Hook now sounding more snappy than usual.

sweet jhesus, these people have some neck.

What she wants is a bit of activity.

Like some people play golf, some people do charity work, some people just enjoy themselves and contribute some experience to society.

But this bint wants to amuse herself at our expense and be focking hansomely paid for it as well.

people of Athlone, get some new blood in, irrespective of party, as this woman is a total joke.

Cop the fcuk on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Lapin wrote: »

No - usual hardneck - using same soundbites that she used on the John Murray show. The only difference was that the John Murray show had a correspondent on who thought Mary was brilliant........between this and Cowans appearance on the Joe Duffy show I can see where Newstalks slogan about state sponsored news comes from !:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

I heard the nauseous love-in with Mary on John Murray's show earlier. She was loving it.
    Lapin wrote: »
    I heard bits of that interview with Fionn Davenport, covering for George, and thought she was very stroppy with him, for no reason.
    I got the impression she was irritated by having to be interviewed by a 'nobody' filling in for George, very rude. I like Fionn Davenport but he really let her off lightly.

Advertisement