Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary O'Rourke Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,052 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

People have copped onto O'Rourke in fairness. We all know she's a spoofer with a huge ego.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

spoofing on Today FM at the mo'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Mary O'Rourke on Today FM just now, complaining about twitter users being 'show offs' full of self importance. Hmmm

She says she wouldn't have time for twitter. I'm not surprised, seeing as she's on the radio and TV every time I tune in.

Not to mention her full time job as a TD.

Hypocrisy of the highest order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

People have copped onto O'Rourke in fairness. We all know she's a spoofer with a huge ego.

Totally irrelevant as a politician, why don't people really cop onto her in the media and stop treating the public like idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Mary O'Rourke is the clucking mother hen in the political poultry yard

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

She's on Lunchtime with whoever on Newstalk now.

Christ Almighty, is this woman ever off the bloody phone !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Lapin wrote: »
    She's on Lunchtime with whoever on Newstalk now. Christ Almighty, is this woman ever off the bloody phone !

Despise the woman... She would never have called for an election if she was a young TD and needed the money.. Her nest has already been feathered by the state, and she can be brave as she likes now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Despise the woman... She would never have called for an election if she was a young TD and needed the money.. Her nest has already been feathered by the state, and she can be brave as she likes now..

She hasn't "called for an election" where it counts, though - in the Dáil in her job as a TD.

Hypocrisy of the highest order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

bold boys never listen to their "mammy"... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eorpach1

She's one of tonight's guests on RTÉ's Saturday Night Show ....and is now refusing to vacate the couch during a discussion on extra-marrital affairs.

She's interjecting almost as frequently as the show's host!

• Advertisement

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    She hasn't "called for an election" where it counts..

What you mean, Liam? To actually bring forward the motion in the Dáil? .... would actually be funny if there was a motion of confidence in the government.. bet she would still vote with FF... despite all her "renegade" opinions...

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Ha! Ha! She was on Newstalk Lunchtime just now and responded in the positive when Damien Kiberd (I suspect sarcastically) asked was she "doing this not for votes, but because you care about the people" re. her opposition to cutting pensions. Votes have nothing to do with it!!!!!!:D:D:D

Votes have nothing to do with it!!!!!!:D:D:D

She never said a truer word.. And this is the only reason why she is now speaking her mind now.. She would be towing the party line if she was still in the running for a possible Ministry.. pathetic..

Yeah, but she'll come close enough to getting elected by her "loyal constituents".......regardless of her self-serving. Ah, Fianna Fail voters, you make me laugh, and cry.

I dunno Butters, I reckon she's gonna stand down for good, and just take that pension that she's trying so hard to save...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,052 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I heard her for a second on Pat Kenny this morning, I quickly turned it off.

Just how big is her ego??

She's 73 now. If she runs in the next election, she'll be 78 or 79 retiring from the Dail.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

If Mary O Rourke could wake up dead some morning, I'd be happier. She's an awful, awful representative of the self-serving corrupt and amoral (if not immoral) strand of Fianna Fáil. The nepotism of her entire family's position in Irish society is utterly repulsive.

Mary O Rourke is the corrupt parasitical nepotist who in 2008 accused Irish people who questioned the integrity of Bertie Ahern of being guilty of 'treason'.

For those of you who are in denial of what she stands for, here's her above 'treason' accusation: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/0116/breaking34.html

Indeed she's all of that and a tedious,fussy clucking hen;although I find Martin Mansergh a far more unbearable and arrogant reactionary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

She's 73 now. If she runs in the next election, she'll be 78 or 79 retiring from the Dail.

You can only assume she is going to run again. She is still bitter about losing her seat in 2002 General Election and I think this is the reason behind her mania to be omnipresent on the airwaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Rubik. wrote: »
    You can only assume she is going to run again. She is still bitter about losing her seat in 2002 General Election and I think this is the reason behind her mania to be omnipresent on the airwaves.

Possibly more to do with pension entitlements --- :rolleyes: me thinks cynically.

• Advertisement

"God only knows why I stay in politics.It's not for the money,you know.But shur I have to keep in touch with the lads and lassies and all my friends in RTE.I don't knit but I can spin a yarn badly and get away with it,waffle,distract and bore the poor directionless public to tears and for free!Where would you get a job and a lifestyle like that?":D

Rebelheart wrote: »
    If Mary O Rourke could wake up dead some morning, I'd be happier. She's an awful, awful representative of the self-serving corrupt and amoral (if not immoral) strand of Fianna Fáil. The nepotism of her entire family's position in Irish society is utterly repulsive.

Mary O Rourke is the corrupt parasitical nepotist who in 2008 accused Irish people who questioned the integrity of Bertie Ahern of being guilty of 'treason'.

For those of you who are in denial of what she stands for, here's her above 'treason' accusation: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/0116/breaking34.html

It would be nice if one of the broadcasters who are giving her airtime (and therefore indirectly part of her PR team) would question her on this sometime.

Speaking of Bertie; two quick observations:
    1. he's very quiet
    2. I'm still shocked as to how little blame he seems to be getting from the National "meeja" for the mess we're in

Rebelheart wrote: »

I agree with everything you said but I think your opening sentence was just a tad unnecessary.

I don't have any time for her as a politician, and while we'll all die sometime, I don't think
    hearing the news of her death would make me any "happier".

Jaysus Colm MacCarthy is in bad form today...

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭cobwebs

Slidey wrote: »
    Matt Coopers show this eve
    Like many Fianna Failers Mary O'Rourke is distancing herself from the party. When the cock crows you will have denied me thrice! Neat try Mary, but it won't wash this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Jaysus Colm MacCarthy is in bad form today...

Is he ever any other way? He operates on a scale from downright miserable to catatonically sepulchral. The Dismal Science has done for him.

I wonder did he ever laugh.:D

She's on Radio 1 now calling on her government to announce a date for the children's rights referendum.

But she refuses to admit that her government are stalling because the referendum would be tied in with the 3 pending by-elections.

Guy who stands in for Eamo (he's so boring and monotone I can't remember his name) called Matt Williams "Mark" and Ger Gilroy "Ger Kilroy" during the last 10mins of the show - I only tuned in for the sport as Eamo's absent (again) so God knows how many other mistakes he made.

Lapin wrote: »
    She's on Radio 1 now calling on her government to announce a date for the children's rights referendum.

She also said.. "I was just thinking the other day Vincent, isnt it amazing that we have had all these referendae on the rights of the unborn child but none on the ones that are living.."

No mary, you didnt think up this profound point yourself, you heard it on the Vincent Browne show the other night, same as the rest of us....

And Barry Andrews, "we are closer now than we have ever been".... A statement that is so ambiguous it could have been made in relation to death, the by elections, the IMF taking over... ANYTHING..

• Advertisement

Guy who stands in for Eamo (he's so boring and monotone I can't remember his name) called Matt Williams "Mark" and Ger Gilroy "Ger Kilroy" during the last 10mins of the show - I only tuned in for the sport as Eamo's absent (again) so God knows how many other mistakes he made.

WHOOPS! Meant to post this in the Newstalk thread - my apologies. You can see how I got the two confused as Mary O'Rourke is never off Newstalk........

Advertisement