Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Be glad you are allowed frequent public houses. After all 6th yrs are mere children... apologies "teenagers" :rolleyes:. You will have far more "awkward" situations to deal with as you pass through life other than the choice of bar you hope to be seen in on a graduation night out. And how American is a graduation nite. Especially when your exams are set to start in a matter of weeks.
    There was a time when the Debs marked the end of a persons secondary school edeucation. Or have we renamed them High Schools in deference to American culture. I really despair for the up and coming generation - self obsessed & media influenced. Be sure to top up the fake tan for the obligatory facebook pic's. :o

Debs isn't graduation just for your information. :)

And it wasn't the "awkwardness" of choosing a bar, it was awkward that the user felt the need to PM me, as if it would change my mind.

And as for the whole "fake tan" "facebook pic's", you can tell it's a long time since you've been a teenager, and wow, you've a pretty crap view of us.

I'd rather be young and graduating school rather than posting online criticising an 18 year old.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Be glad you are allowed frequent public houses. After all 6th yrs are mere children... apologies "teenagers" :rolleyes:. You will have far more "awkward" situations to deal with as you pass through life other than the choice of bar you hope to be seen in on a graduation night out. And how American is a graduation nite. Especially when your exams are set to start in a matter of weeks.
    There was a time when the Debs marked the end of a persons secondary school edeucation. Or have we renamed them High Schools in deference to American culture. I really despair for the up and coming generation - self obsessed & media influenced. Be sure to top up the fake tan for the obligatory facebook pic's. :o
    Sorry? I can't hear you up there on your high horse. I'll come back after my GRADUATION YEAR finishes our 4th year of college and GRADUATES.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

This puts you a shoe in for the annual buzz killington awards........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

ziedth wrote: »
    This puts you a shoe in for the annual buzz killington awards........

Haha Buzz Killington lol

So on a more serious note - who's coming for skittles cocktails in a few weeks? :D lol

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Whens it opening?

• Advertisement

Whens it opening?

Shortts bar this week and the nightclub hopefully in the next few weeks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Elbows22 wrote: »
    Haha Buzz Killington lol

So on a more serious note - who's coming for skittles cocktails in a few weeks? :D lol
    MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Can i still get a handle full of skittles aswell? cause like thats the best part! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Elbows22 wrote: »
    Shortts bar this week and the nightclub hopefully in the next few weeks :)

I'm confused about where they're going!

I thought it was up by 10, etc, but when I was in town the other day I saw scaffolding around Muldoons and Oxegen..?

Also are both of them o21's or is it just Shortt's? :)

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I'm confused about where they're going!

I thought it was up by 10, etc, but when I was in town the other day I saw scaffolding around Muldoons and Oxegen..?

Also are both of them o21's or is it just Shortt's? :)

Shortts is basically where EA and Gentlemens club was - Crystal is where 10 was!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

How does it look in there elbows? Impartially if you can be :)

• Advertisement

How does it look in there elbows? Impartially if you can be :)

Coming together now :) going to look well when finished and the over 21's is what will make it work :)
    Looking for ideas aswell for some new cocktails so if anyone has any ideas - post away :)

I have an epic one that's been doing the rounds in our group fir a few years but you'd never get it through.

Vodka
    Blue Aftershock
    Peach Snaps
    Blue WKD
    Served in a pint glass with Ice.

Known as a "blue shít" and tastes very like them old blue superman jellies. A must try IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I have an epic one that's been doing the rounds in our group fir a few years but you'd never get it through.

Vodka
    Blue Aftershock
    Peach Snaps
    Blue WKD
    Served in a pint glass with Ice.

Known as a "blue shít" and tastes very like them old blue superman jellies. A must try IMO.

+1 on that drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭theillest

Who owns what was EA and 10 now?Get the loft going again

Cocktails?

Anything with coca cola or caramel in it and I'll buy it in buckets.

theillest wrote: »

Check it out there :)

Cocktails?

Anything with coca cola or caramel in it and I'll buy it in buckets.
    that would be a sickening combination!

RxQueen wrote: »

Ive seen worse lol

MOTHER OF GOD DON'T MIX THEM

I just have a weakness for Butterballs and Cola.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

So will Shortts be a 'cocktail bar'?

I think there is a gap in the market for one, especially if they barmen can put on a bit of a show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

MOTHER OF GOD DON'T MIX THEM

I just have a weakness for Butterballs and Cola.

lol or what me friend got in revolution was jack daniels, sambuca,vodka, coke and jagerbombs all in one!! omg it was disgustin!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Anything with butterscotch and I'm intrigued. I'm not a cocktail man though...beer all the way.

I asked for a cocktail in masons on saturday night and they said they arent doing em anymore and are trying to phase em out....

town really needs a decent cocktail bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

I asked for a cocktail in masons on saturday night and they said they arent doing em anymore and are trying to phase em out....

town really needs a decent cocktail bar.

it def does! bit surprised masons are not doin it,,, then again their gone cheap with their glasses their puttin plastic glasses in there now

are they?!

I really do like Masons tho :) anywhere that has a band that plays RATM and spice girls on a saturday night is cool to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

yoyo83 wrote: »
    it def does! bit surprised masons are not doin it,,, then again their gone cheap with their glasses their puttin plastic glasses in there now

Nothing to do with going cheap, a girl did get glassed there a while back.

Anything with butterscotch and I'm intrigued. I'm not a cocktail man though...beer all the way.

You dont know a good drink ;)

gin fizzes all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

theillest wrote: »

The bank, Its being leased out. Im not sure about the over 21 thing, Saturday night it will work, When it gets very quiet and when the students are back, Its a safe bet it will go back to over 18's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

yoyo83 wrote: »

It's only plastic glasses upstairs, "real" ones downstairs and as pointed out it's not because they're cheap, although I don't know anything about a girl getting glassed.

You can still get some cocktails in Masons, but the menu is being phased out and they will be limited. They're just too much hassle unless it's a dedicated cocktail bar. Plus most people just ask for a Sex on the Beach......

Advertisement