Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I know one of the clubs in Dublin has a similar offer.No idea on how its been received or T&C though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

little bit off topic, but does anyone know whatever happened to the Quayside Tavern, how long its been closed for etc.?
    and also heard rumours that there was a shooting there in the 80's or something like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

first of all its on a sunday, a quiet enough night around town these days and apparently there's No T&C's. In fairness, that might almost get me out of a sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

The current nightlife in Waterford has been described by a man I respect as a "race to the bottom". I was wondering which venue would win that race. Step forward Harveys - €30 entry - open bar for the night.

Worst idea I've ever heard.

is that actually goin to happen??

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Depends on the T&C's for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

ziedth wrote: »
    Depends on the T&C's for me.

What about a genuine non drinker like myself?

when is this goin to happen though?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Elbows22 wrote: »
    What about a genuine non drinker like myself?

I was thinking about it last night and the only way it could possibly work would be you pay your €30 and you get a stamp or something to show bat staff that way if someone doesn't drink or doesn't spend that much on booze then they can come in and have their regular night. It's an interesting idea and TBF at least they are trying something. I still don't think it'll work.

On a related note, any idea on the pricing in the new crystal place? Such as will it be like the foundry started?

I was thinking about it last night and the only way it could possibly work would be you pay your €30 and you get a stamp or something to show bat staff that way if someone doesn't drink or doesn't spend that much on booze then they can come in and have their regular night. It's an interesting idea and TBF at least they are trying something. I still don't think it'll work.

On a related note, any idea on the pricing in the new crystal place? Such as will it be like the foundry started?

I used to work there and all the staff know im genuinely a non drinker but the management would still charge €30 :)

dont think it will work to be honest and on a sunday their hadly be no one out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Was on Harveys FB page and someone asked twice bout people who dont drink, what happens with them? looks like the question has fallen on deaf ears, pretty bad form if Harveys wont answer it.
    What is the problem of answering a simple question? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Looks like the guy looking after the page is inexperienced in the PR & Marketing game, as well as the customer service game.

Rule #1 Answer all of your customer's queries.
    My own personal Rule #2 If you're writing in all caps you're 14 years of age and whatever you're saying is bullshit

STIG83 wrote: »
    Was on Harveys FB page and someone asked twice bout people who dont drink, what happens with them? looks like the question has fallen on deaf ears, pretty bad form if Harveys wont answer it.
    What is the problem of answering a simple question? :confused:

That would be me :cool: haha

Looks like the guy looking after the page is inexperienced in the PR & Marketing game, as well as the customer service game.

Rule #1 Answer all of your customer's queries.
    My own personal Rule #2 If you're writing in all caps you're 14 years of age and whatever you're saying is bullshit

ABOUTTOBEBANNED I DON'T SEE THE PROBLEM IN WRITING IN BLOCK CAPITAL LETTERS - IT MAKES IT EASIER TO READ FOR THE AGE GENERATION THAT THEY ARE REALISTICALLY GOING TO GET IN........

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

just read the bit on Harvey's facebook, some joke altogether. They say 30 euro for open bar every Sunday. Then they repeat twice that there are no catches or exclusions. Then slowly they reveal, it is not indeed every Sunday as bank holidays are excluded, and it is not a completely open bar as you can only order 1 drink at a time.

Reminds me of an ad on WLR years ago, it was for some car dealers in town. The ad went something along the lines of "You can now get the Ford Fiesta (or whatever car it was) for 9,999 euro including everything." Then the dialogue was asking what's the catch, original person insisting there was no catch, this went back and forth for about 30 seconds with the original person insisting there was no catch whatsoever. Then a different voice comes on at the very end and says very quickly, "Terms and conditions apply. Subject to availability. Offer not guaranteed." Hilarious.

TBF to Harvey's one drink at a time is understandable. Particularly if people can come and go for free (which I can't see happening)

Being on a Sunday I could actually see it working. If I had a birthday or something going on it wouldn't be a bad option.

Like ATBB mentioned though it is real race to the bottom stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

yes to the bottom of the barrell ,whoever writes that crap on their facebook page ,well lets just say theres a bit of a "wanting there"

TBF to Harvey's one drink at a time is understandable. Particularly if people can come and go for free (which I can't see happening)

Being on a Sunday I could actually see it working. If I had a birthday or something going on it wouldn't be a bad option.

Like ATBB mentioned though it is real race to the bottom stuff.

I agree....

but...Harveys are saying that there are absolutely no catches whatsoever. So...lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Santan

agree with the race to the bottom and all that, but all I hear is that its too expensive to go out, supermarkets below cost selling etc etc etc, then Harveys come out with this, not that I really agree with it or anything but the bitterness from some people in this town is crazy, I think at this stage if some bar opened up and said free bar all night, some people will still look for all the faults. Dont like what Harveys are doing but at least its doing something and if it gets another 100 people out a little bit earlier on sunday nights then maybe they might have a pint in Masons or Geoffs or somewhere else.

WTF are you talking about. Bitter me arse. Charging 30 euro on a door is not a great deal unless you're letting people in at 6pm. It's a farce of the highest order. This bitterness an begrudgery crap is starting to get boring. We're calling it as we see it and we give credit where it's due. And it aint due here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Elbows22 wrote: »
    That would be me :cool: haha

Is the reason they not answering your question is that you worked there before?
    What we should do is get a load of people to ask the same question on their FB page!! they will have to answer it then!!

STIG83 wrote: »
    Is the reason they not answering your question is that you worked there before?
    What we should do is get a load of people to ask the same question on their FB page!! they will have to answer it then!!

Probably not - new pr lad doing it that wouldnt know me so i reckon he just didnt have an answer for it lol
    Yeah that would be a great idea :)

WTF are you talking about. Bitter me arse. Charging 30 euro on a door is not a great deal unless you're letting people in at 6pm. It's a farce of the highest order. This bitterness an begrudgery crap is starting to get boring. We're calling it as we see it and we give credit where it's due. And it aint due here.

so your telling me that if you go in to a bar at 9 or 10 and stay there for the night you wont spend more than 30 euro, with late bar prices in town 5 or 5.50 for a pint. dont know full details but doubt it only opens for 3 hours or that the cut off time is 12, open to correction there. And as for bitterness and begrudgery crap, thats exactly what it is and its rife in this town, the amount of people I have spoken to that want the foundry to fail, hate revolution or the kazbar, or any pub that might be doing well, only think that having a pint a guinness in downes is the only way to go and everything else is ****, think the new club opening before they even see it is going to be crap. I honestly dont know if its like this in Kilkenny or Cork or whereever but would love someone to let me know, cos if you want to bury your head in the sand and think its not there work away, you only have to look in some of the posts on oother threads here to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

well i spend way more than 30 quid on a night out, so i for one would try it, but saying that dont really go out on a sunday unless its a bank holiday.

Whats wrong with having a pint in downses? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Nothing :)

Woohoo! \o/

Whats wrong with having a pint in downses? :(

Ha just realised how that looks now, Downes is prob my favorite bar in waterford used to drink there 3 - 4 times a week having a pint or 2 of guinness best in town i think

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭theillest

Went to the foundry for the first time last night.....:confused: i really dont see how they thought they were going to stroll in with their 7 nights a week clubbing and 10 euro in absolutly no different than any other club only they spent millions on things that dont make it a better club like a massive tv screen on the front. Masons bates it any day cheap drink,decent cover band an standard dj.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I vote to ban the word "begrudgery" from this thread. It's getting annoying. Just because one of us doesn't agree with a bar or nightclub's promotion, it is not begrudgery. Use a new goddamn word.

Advertisement