Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Mod Note:

Right I somehow glossed over this Drug dealing crap till now. it's at best demented and it worst pure trolling so any further mention of it and bans are going to be handed out.

Dunmorerode welcome. please get familiar with the charter in regards speculation, it doesn't fly for long

This is the best thread on the fourm so let's keep on track.

Any Questions PM me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Haven't been out at all this week.

How's masons been over the week with the 2.50 drinks?

How is it affecting everywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭south

I passed it last night around 12 and there was a big crowd pouring into it. Long time since I've seen a queue outside a pub in Waterford. Nobody heading into the Foundry but a nice crowd in the woodman even with the €5 pints.... pity the front lounge was closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

O Riain wrote: »
    jesus, someone being realistic at last, look i wudnt pay 10 euro in either but at the end of the day its done everywhere, ya said it doesnt have anything new, up here the busiest club, the icon has absolutely nothin extra to offer over what Rubys had yet at the mo its packed most nights of the week. At the end of the day theres not a whole lot ya can or should expect from a nightclub.

But Adyx just said what everyone else has been saying! :confused:

I don't think anyone in here wants The Foundry to fail. I just hate this idea that you must only speak positively about anyone doing anything in Waterford these days just because they're providing something for the city. It's the same bull sh1t in the music festival thread. We're all happy we've got a new nightclub in town but are not happy with the way they're doing business, especially in respect of their Facebook page. We're all happy there's a music festival being organised in Waterford but it's been poorly executed thus far. It's ok to criticise once it's founded on something.

Ledger wrote: »

Everytime I passs Mason's on a Wednesday night when I'm on evenings (so finished at 12)it's mobbed. Massive queue outside the door and loads more walking in the Cork Road. The Foundry had a slow trickle going in there and had four door staff working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Is escape doing anything at all now? the last time I bothered to go in there was about a year ago and it was like a neon teen disco box. Has it changed? I doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Harvey's looked to be closed last night... a Wednesday! Mason's was mobbed as usual by 12 but the place was so packed that I just left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

AdMMM wrote: »
    Harvey's looked to be closed last night... a Wednesday! Mason's was mobbed as usual by 12 but the place was so packed that I just left.
    Would have figured the WIT guaranteed crowd went to The Coronas instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

With all the empty warehouses, factories and shopping centres around waterford wouldn't you think someone would get a few underground parties/raves going :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I had considered this exact idea, could make a fortune :)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Ledger wrote: »

Was there last night, had a good time, €2.50 has its good points and its bad. The good is the price obviously, but it creates a few problems, the depth of the Q at the bar was just crazy at times also it seemed to attract some undesirables, saw 2 fights upstairs and when leaving i noticed a bouncer covered in blood.

Having expierenced this price of drink i would rather spend say €4/4.50 on a pint and have a more relaxing evening without getting drink spilled on me.

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    I had considered this exact idea, could make a fortune :)

We could go into business, I know people who can keep the fuzz off our backs biggrin.gif, can get access to some good spots, get a bit of muscle (ziedth) and a few djs.

But been series for a moment, something like this would be a great idea but could never work in a small town with a large amount scumbags roaming around.

i actually had a place in mind, and DJ's etc.. is not a problem, the amount of scum in this town is though!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I'll head security. It's surely the same thing as modding right? :)

i actually had a place in mind, and DJ's etc.. is not a problem, the amount of scum in this town is though!

Could never work people just cant chill out and have a could time especially the scumbag, still it would be cool, set up a thing on facebook, leave it up for an hour or two to get the word out.....
    ziedth wrote: »
    I'll head security. It's surely the same thing as modding right?

Exactly the same big man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Mpower85 wrote: »
    ye do realise masons are only doin it for the week and thats it! masons is a load of bollix anyway!!

You are only saying that cos you work in The Foundry!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

STIG83 wrote: »
    You are only saying that cos you work in The Foundry!!

BOOM :cool:

na i never liked masons anyway its ****!! talkin to a few students last night and they said its **** and the place is tacky!

You said only last week that you love Masons :rolleyes:

dont think i did!

Check back on your posts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

na i never liked masons anyway its ****!! talkin to a few students last night and they said its **** and the place is tacky!

A few people say the same about the Foundry too.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    A few people say the same about the Foundry too.

A few??? Jaysus thats stretching it a bit :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

why was harveys not opened last wednesday night just gone??

i like the foundry waterford...never like masons dont know why think the place looks a bit dull looking for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

A group of us ended up in The Foundry last night. We only went just to see what it was like and because we had free passes. We didn't even put our coats in the cloakroom, so they made no money from us there either. Including us, I'd say about 60 people were there. They can't keep going at that rate.

Some good music played though - plenty of old skool :)

yoyo83 wrote: »
    i like the foundry waterford...never like masons dont know why think the place looks a bit dull looking for me

Are duplicate accounts frowned upon? or bannable offence?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The shill is strong in this one.

Are duplicate accounts frowned upon? or bannable offence?

what u on about? lol

what u on about? lol

just wondering if you read your site charter is all pal

personally I havent been impressed with the Foundry, the staff there (not the old rubys staff) I found to be quite slow and sloppy

the security are either overly firm or non existent, one of my mates got thrown out a couple of weeks back for play slapping his friend in the balls, when he questioned why he was thrown out he was aggressively told to shut the F up and clear off, whereas on another occasion a guy actually laid 2 women out on the dancefloor and two of the security were stood there looking like they didnt know what to do.

the place feels a lot smaller also but maybe thats just me?

And the attitude to the people of Waterford from the owners and such has been nothing to write home about so I wont be rushing to get in there that often if at all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note

Lets just carry on with the topic folks and leaving the moderation to the mods. Report posts in future also, just to help speed things along. :)

Lets not derail the topic, its a decent topic and I know people are trying to defend where they work etc. but there are rules which mods have to enforce to keep the site running. People can advertise by contacting sales@boards.ie or become official representatives for their business by emailing hello@boards.ie and address any queries professionally on the forum. Otherwise, we just have to remove the users from the forum to keep it free from advertisements.

Thanks all! :)

FFS Sully I had a wibbs length post done out there and you snaked in ahead of me :)

• Advertisement

AdMMM wrote: »
    The shill is strong in this one.

Thanked for level of geek involved :)

Advertisement