Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam Gallagher Reveals Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Quite like the new album, which is surprising coz I didn't really like many of the tracks I heard before the release. 50 minutes of pure Liam can get a little bit annoying but there are some good songs there. For Anyone and The Beat Goes On are my favs right now

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Dotsey wrote: »
    1. DOYS was let down not by Noel's contributions but by the other three, the first 7 tracks on that album (Noel 6, Liam 1) were better than anything on this album

2. SOTEOTN is possibly up there with TNOR as the worst song Liam/Andy/Gem have ever put out in their careers between them and i include Little James in that

3. Wigwam is 4minutes too long, I've already edited it out

4. 9/10???? are you mad? Its hardly Sgt Pepper or Revolver.. your very givish with your ratings

Eh that's my opinion mate, if you read my post the first thing I said was each to your own. I think it is a 9, mainly because it is WAY BETTER than I, or anyone, expected.
    I then went on to say it is at least a 7. Now all the reviews I have read gave it a 7-8/10 or a 4/5. There was only one review that gave it less than that (a 1/5) and it was written by an amateur journalist who clearly hated Oasis.

And for the record Sgt Pepper & Revolver are a 10/10, although lets be honest it's more like 20/10.

Your clearly a Noel head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

BDI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

The album is a belter. People will criticise because it's not changing music but I've others bands to listen to for that. This is straight forward, 60's style rock n roll and the songs are strong throughout the album. There seems so many other bands disappearing up their own wotsit these days trying to be clever that it's refreshing to hear a band doing straight forward rock n roll.

On another point, I hate the way everyone goes on about DM and MG as Oasis at their best. Personally I think MG is pretty poor. Some of Oasis best stuff is on DBTT and HC. IMO, this album is probably the best to come from LG since DM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Bonavox wrote: »
    FAS isn't college ...

It's like one of those fake ITs. It's not a university anyway.:cool:

• Advertisement

I'm just curious - is it a badge of honour amongst Oasis fans to not be educated?

I'm just curious - is it a badge of honour amongst Oasis fans to not be educated?

I'm very well educated, actually....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Live4Ever wrote: »

+1

Can'tseeme wrote: »
    On another point, I hate the way everyone goes on about DM and MG as Oasis at their best. Personally I think MG is pretty poor. Some of Oasis best stuff is on DBTT and HC. IMO, this album is probably the best to come from LG since DM.

Thats interesting..... I agree, expect I think they were at their best during Be Here Now and SOTSOG. :) Although the best Oasis album was the b sides compliation Masterplan.

Yes it is definetly Liams strongest album. Both vocally and in terms of the songs he penned for the album.

Apologies for casting aspersions on your character. It was whole thing of calling somebody a ****ing student and talking about puff bands was starting to give me a very jaundiced opinion...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

BDI.jpg

see that guy in the bottom of the pic i came out of his scrotum so do you really think im educated ;)

live forever

ricero

Apologies for casting aspersions on your character. It was whole thing of calling somebody a ****ing student and talking about puff bands was starting to give me a very jaundiced opinion...

Haha that wasn't me, Ricero is just madferit!! :D

Is that just a piss take Beady Eye photo? Very funny...

Gimme LG singing in the shower anyday :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Trafford Lad

This looks good, a bit of an album launch party as part of the Propaganda Indie night in the Academy this Saturday (26th).

http://www.beadyeyemusic.com/news.php?id=219

I might turn up and try to get ricero's autograph!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Eh that's my opinion mate, if you read my post the first thing I said was each to your own. I think it is a 9, mainly because it is WAY BETTER than I, or anyone, expected.
    I then went on to say it is at least a 7. Now all the reviews I have read gave it a 7-8/10 or a 4/5. There was only one review that gave it less than that (a 1/5) and it was written by an amateur journalist who clearly hated Oasis.

And for the record Sgt Pepper & Revolver are a 10/10, although lets be honest it's more like 20/10.

Your clearly a Noel head.
    I know its your opinion and I respect that just think its a bit over the top. I suspect that the positive reviews this album has been given has been topped up by the fact that most of them thought it would be rubbish, but when I looked at it logically I put aside what I presumed and I came up with around a 7/10. Its hard to seperate BDI from Oasis because theyre basically playing the same type of music with a very distinctive vocalist.
    I think the people who are claiming to be better than DOYS or DBTT are getting a bit ahead of themselves. I personally loved the the first 7 songs on DOYS (GOYHHL was the weak link) with regards to the energy and vibe and I always thought the second half of the album but very weak due to Gem, Liam and Andys songs not quite been at the races. For me Liams best song still is BOADC and Andys is TUTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

This looks good, a bit of an album launch party as part of the Propaganda Indie night in the Academy this Saturday (26th).

http://www.beadyeyemusic.com/news.php?id=219

I might turn up and try to get ricero's autograph!!

Carl Barat is DJing that night. Propaganda used to be good till all the sh1theads started going

Thats interesting..... I agree, expect I think they were at their best during Be Here Now and SOTSOG. :) Although the best Oasis album was the b sides compliation Masterplan.

Yes it is definetly Liams strongest album. Both vocally and in terms of the songs he penned for the album.

Yeah the b sides album was good.

'D'ya Know What I Mean' and Go Let It Out, are two belters but I find the rest of those albums pretty poor on the whole. I thought the introduction of Gem and Andy improved the band with HC and DBTT. DOYS was decent in places. DGSS is much stronger as an album. It's great to listen to it from start to finish, where as the other albums I would pick and choose what I liked. I actually think Gem, Liam and Andy have benefitted from Noel not there to control things.

I know its your opinion and I respect that just think its a bit over the top. I suspect that the positive reviews this album has been given has been topped up by the fact that most of them thought it would be rubbish, but when I looked at it logically I put aside what I presumed and I came up with around a 7/10. Its hard to seperate BDI from Oasis because theyre basically playing the same type of music with a very distinctive vocalist.
    I think the people who are claiming to be better than DOYS or DBTT are getting a bit ahead of themselves. I personally loved the the first 7 songs on DOYS (GOYHHL was the weak link) with regards to the energy and vibe and I always thought the second half of the album but very weak due to Gem, Liam and Andys songs not quite been at the races. For me Liams best song still is BOADC and Andys is TUTS.

I agree about Turn Up The Sun and Different Cloud. But also Keep the Dream Alive, A Bell Will Ring, Hung in a Bad Place, Songbird and Guess God Thinks I'm Abel were excellent tunes by Andy, Gem and Liam

For those who haven't heard it, the other mix of Liam's tune, I'm Outta Time is excellent. Much better than the released imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU6X0B2C7Ds&feature=related

Yeah the b sides album was good.

'D'ya Know What I Mean' and Go Let It Out, are two belters but I find the rest of those albums pretty poor on the whole. I thought the introduction of Gem and Andy improved the band with HC and DBTT. DOYS was decent in places. DGSS is much stronger as an album. It's great to listen to it from start to finish, where as the other albums I would pick and choose what I liked. I actually think Gem, Liam and Andy have benefitted from Noel not there to control things.

My favourite Oasis tune is Getting Better from Be Here Now. Belter!

Yeah i agree with you. DGSS is way easier to listen to than the last 3 Oasis albums. Like you said with the Oasis ones I will always picck an skip, but with DGS it's straight through the whole way.

Anyone thinking of going to the launch?

• Advertisement

I agree about Turn Up The Sun and Different Cloud. But also Keep the Dream Alive, A Bell Will Ring, Hung in a Bad Place, Songbird and Guess God Thinks I'm Abel were excellent tunes by Andy, Gem and Liam
    Songbird is a good song for its simplicity but I prefer the demo version with the guitar solo, KTDA is a good tune but I'm not sure about the others. I have to be honest but I was never a fan of Gems songwriting both in and out of Oasis. Liams songwriting hasnt progressed either, after BOADC I had high hopes for him but I find most of his stuff to be simplistic and all in the same vain although IOT was pretty good as I liked the solo but I think Noel or Gem wouldve had an input on that.

Beady Eye are playing t in the park. They are playing the Sunday night there.....You know what that means.....

OXEGEN!!! I vowed I'd never go again..... Beady Eye was always gonna be the exception!

Beady Eye are playing t in the park. They are playing the Sunday night there.....You know what that means.....

OXEGEN!!! I vowed I'd never go again..... Beady Eye was always gonna be the exception!
    Black eyed peas, foo fighters, arctic monkeys are already headlining it afaik. Be strange looking at a Gallagher playing second fiddle to one of them, hopefully theyre on before the Arctic Monkeys that be some night

Same ere but **** it il go for the day trip few cans couple of joints and me parka :D live forever ricero

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

ricero wrote: »
    Better then the ****ing dole cue man. Some epic debates in fas on music and On our love of oasis/beady eye and our hate of puff bands. Live forever ricero

I just love how you refer to "puff" bands, yet listen to the living remains of a has-been Britpop group. I'm just sayin'. :cool:

I'm sure you are. :) An ellipses is three dots and a space after the last letter, by the way. :rolleyes:

Bonavox wrote: »
    I just love how you refer to "puff" bands, yet listen to the living remains of a has-been Britpop group. I'm just sayin'. :cool:

Has-been **** that statement in d ass there new album is ****ig mega but i'd say u have been to busy listing to thom yorke and d puffs and praising that University challange ****ing music. To say the new beady eye album is crap is just plain ignorant and just shows ur a liam hater and can never except the man is a ****ing rock n roll god. Wait and see who sells more albums the radiohead puffs or beady eye and who's album gets more acclaim. Live forever. Haters gonna hate. ricero :cool:

ricero wrote: »
    Has-been **** that statement in d ass there new album is ****ig mega but i'd say u have been to busy listing to thom yorke and d puffs and praising that University challange ****ing music. To say the new beady eye album is crap is just plain ignorant and just shows ur a liam hater and can never except the man is a ****ing rock n roll god. Wait and see who sells more albums the radiohead puffs or beady eye and who's album gets more acclaim. Live forever. Haters gonna hate. ricero :cool:

I'm not hating, I just think your attitude to other music in your posts is completely biased and a little ridiculous. I don't really like Radiohead either, bus seriously, don't go around calling them "puffs" just because you don't like them. Also, I'm merely reflecting on how successful Beady Eye are up to now. Their singles from the album are hardly flying off the shelves, are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Black eyed peas, foo fighters, arctic monkeys are already headlining it afaik. Be strange looking at a Gallagher playing second fiddle to one of them, hopefully theyre on before the Arctic Monkeys that be some night

I can't see them being that high on the list if they're there, tbh, and they'd be one of my main priorities at the festival! The Oxegen-age people I know have barely heard of them and anyone that has thinks they're shít bar a few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I take back what I said about Liam pulling this off live!! This is amazing!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JDR6UDL8

Live studio versions of Three Ring Circus, Millionaire, The Roller, The Beat Goes On

This just proves he'd gone stale with Oasis and wasn't really putting it in anymore.
    His voice sounds as good now as it ever has been.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement