Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam Gallagher Reveals Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

They were basically a Stone Roses rip off before Noel , Listen to " Take Me" on youtube for example. Id post it up here myself only I can't figure out how to:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

Liam would be nobody without Noel. Anyone who has heard pre-Noel Oasis demos would know this. Liam owes his professional career to Noel "God" Gallagher.

Liam mightn't have started writing songs if it wasn't for Noel. Noel encouraged him to put "Little James" on SOTSOG. Noel said if he had dismissed Little James out of hand then Liam might never have written again.

Still, I don't think it's fair to dismiss Liam out of hand. Would Noel have become famous if he didn't join Liam's band at the time? The relationship between the two brothers was worth more than the sum of its parts. Who knows how a Noel-band without Liam would have turned out!

Going to Beady Eye on the Friday nite in the Olympia, cannot wait!

They were basically a Stone Roses rip off before Noel , Listen to " Take Me" on youtube for example. Id post it up here myself only I can't figure out how to:)

Decent tune but the lyrics could have done with some work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Liam mightn't have started writing songs if it wasn't for Noel. Noel encouraged him to put "Little James" on SOTSOG. Noel said if he had dismissed Little James out of hand then Liam might never have written again.

Still, I don't it's fair to dismiss Liam out of hand. Would Noel have become famous if he didn't join Liam's band at the time? The relationship between the two brothers was worth more than the sum of its parts. Who knows how a Noel-band without Liam would have turned out!

I think Noel as a solo artist would have been more successful than a Noelless-Liam-led Oasis but that is all speculative now I suppose. Oasis would never have been so big without both members though, that's true.
    Going to Beady Eye on the Friday nite in the Olympia, cannot wait!

See you there!

I think Noel as a solo artist would have been more successful than a Noelless-Liam-led Oasis but that is all speculative now I suppose. Oasis would never have been so big without both members though, that's true.

Yeah absolutely true, circumstances worked in Liam's favour.
    See you there!

MADFERIT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

just listing to them some very relaxing tunes some of them ****ers. liams voice sounds ****ing mega looking forward to this album now cant wait. kill for a dream sounds epic. standing on the edge of the noise is my kinda tune ****ing rock n roll man so is three ring circus. the morning song just sounds beautiful

live forever

ricero

And, can the name of this thread be changed to Beady Eye? Sound :D

loving 'millionaire' and 'wind up dream' as well as 'morning son'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Bryan4president

I must say the songs I've heard so far seem quite good, the Roller is a great tune. Hoping they'll be as good live.

Also Beady Eye's interviews are great reading. I was reading the one in Hot Press and when the interviewer said he'd heard that U2 were possibly doing a duet with Lady GaGa, Liam replied " Sure those f**kers would sing with Swine Flu. Then he mimics the Edge, " Here Bono, I here this swine flu is popular these days, lets get it into the studio with us".

What legends!!

brilliant album on par with whats the story imo

live forever

ricero

just listened to the morning son and my god its the most beautiful song ive ever heard liam sing.

seriously wow just wow

live forever

ricero

ricero wrote: »
    just listened to the morning son and my god its the most beautiful song ive ever heard liam sing.

seriously wow just wow

live forever

ricero

Fantastic tune.

Defo a gig closer IMO :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

brilliant album on par with whats the story imo

live forever

ricero

ah come on now!

it is very good, i particularly love millionaire but you are equating it to one of the greatest albums ever there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

It's a great album. Never heard Liam sing in some of the styles he does on this record. Anyone else a little worried how he's gonna pull this album off live?

There's heavy production on his vocal on a lot of the tracks and don't get me wrong it makes the album sound great but I'm a little concerned a lot of the songs can't be performed as well live. Looking forward to finding out in April though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

It's good but I'm not "mad fer it!".:P

Only listened to it once,stand out tracks to me are the roller and for anyone.millionaire and wigwam are pretty cool too it'll grow on me as I'm a huge Oasis fan.

Don't like bring the light atall though.

aDeener wrote: »
    ah come on now!

it is very good, i particularly love millionaire but you are equating it to one of the greatest albums ever there!!
    Sorry I was misquoted liams vocals on this is as good as what's the story .... It's better than any other oasis record except defintly maybe and what's the story IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

Its a fairly impressive "debut" album. There's some really decent songs on it. I cant really fault it. Just listening second time round now. The Roller is definitely a classic. There is no other way to say than if you liked Oasis before you'll like this.

darrenh wrote: »
    Its a fairly impressive "debut" album. There's some really decent songs on it. I cant really fault it. Just listening second time round now. The Roller is definitely a classic. There is no other way to say than if you liked Oasis before you'll like this.

the production is sensational on this album and every song on it seems well written and produced no fillers really compared to the last few oasis albums maybe Mr Noel Gallagher was a lazy bollix. Liams voice is magnificent a truly beautiful debut album by musicians that people said are "past it".

live forever

ricero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

First off I'm a big Oasis fan, but this album is unbelievably average. If Oasis were a Ferrari, then Beady Eye are a Ferrari with the engine and wheels removed.
    There's a couple of decent tunes but nothing top quality. Even comparing it to DOYS which starts off with three non singles in "Bag It Up" "The Turning" and "WFTR", there's not one song on this album that can hold a candle to each of them songs. If it wasnt Liam Gallagher in this band they would be forgetten about and dismissed.
    Even comparing them to Ocean Colour Scene, who are a band of similar era. OCS's last album that was out last year had more inspiration behind it than this and "Saturday" only reached 35 in the album chart.
    Andy Bell and Gem have been in Oasis for the last 3 albums, and between them only one song and thats "Turn Up the Sun" was what you could call good. Two out of Liam's three offerings for the last album were shocking and seemed to be only put on it to keep a balance between Noel writing 50% of the album and the rest making up the other 50%.
    I have tickets for the Olympia gig but I somehow think that by the time they play the Olympia they'll will have had to resurrect some of their own compositions from the backend of the Oasis catalogue.
    Furthermore "Wigwam" should have been cut at around 2mins 40seconds and save us the 4mins of complete nonsense, then again Liam did write it.

Dotsey wrote: »
    First off I'm a big Oasis fan, but this album is unbelievably average. If Oasis were a Ferrari, then Beady Eye are a Ferrari with the engine and wheels removed.
    There's a couple of decent tunes but nothing top quality. Even comparing it to DOYS which starts off with three non singles in "Bag It Up" "The Turning" and "WFTR", there's not one song on this album that can hold a candle to each of them songs. If it wasnt Liam Gallagher in this band they would be forgetten about and dismissed.
    Even comparing them to Ocean Colour Scene, who are a band of similar era. OCS's last album that was out last year had more inspiration behind it than this and "Saturday" only reached 35 in the album chart.
    Andy Bell and Gem have been in Oasis for the last 3 albums, and between them only one song and thats "Turn Up the Sun" was what you could call good. Two out of Liam's three offerings for the last album were shocking and seemed to be only put on it to keep a balance between Noel writing 50% of the album and the rest making up the other 50%.
    I have tickets for the Olympia gig but I somehow think that by the time they play the Olympia they'll will have had to resurrect some of their own compositions from the backend of the Oasis catalogue.

completely disagree i think this album is the dogs bollix some belters on there and you can see that every song was crafted with care and consideration no ****ing fillers the way i like my albums to be. i am sorry but the morning son, four letter word, the roller, 3 ring circus and millionaire are cracking quality tunes and good enuf tunes that would of made into onto past oasis albums.

also liams voice is ****ing mega man hes got his touch back. oasis are dead and gone lets forget about that and move on.

also my fav song still by beady eye is sons of the stage cover so il have to buy the bonus version for that

live forever

ricero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Any chance of you taking your head out of LG's arse, ricero?

completely disagree i think this album is the dogs bollix some belters on there and you can see that every song was crafted with care and consideration no ****ing fillers the way i like my albums to be. i am sorry but the morning son, four letter word, the roller, 3 ring circus and millionaire are cracking quality tunes and good enuf tunes that would of made into onto past oasis albums.

also liams voice is ****ing mega man hes got his touch back. oasis are dead and gone lets forget about that and move on.

also my fav song still by beady eye is sons of the stage cover so il have to buy the bonus version for that

live forever

ricero
    Come back to me in a few weeks, and by the way there's not a hope of Liam's voice holding up like that for live dates. I consider Heathen Chemistry the worst Oasis album and "The Roller" was left out from them sessions way back in 01/02. It's an illusion that there's no fillers because the whole album is a filler in itself. If SOTEOFN found its way onto an Oasis album it would be up there with the Nature of Reality (Andy Bell) as the worst song to have ever featured on an Oasis album.
    The Beat Goes On and Four Letter Word are the two best songs on this album both written by Andy Bell. I wouldnt count Sons of the Stage as a Beady Eye song as its only a cover, Man of Misery wasnt included on the main album but its better than most of the songs on it. Personally for me i'd give it. 5/10

Come back to me in a few weeks, and by the way there's not a hope of Liam's voice holding up like that for live dates. I consider Heathen Chemistry the worst Oasis album and "The Roller" was left out from them sessions way back in 01/02. It's an illusion that there's no fillers because the whole album is a filler in itself. If SOTEOFN found its way onto an Oasis album it would be up there with the Nature of Reality (Andy Bell) as the worst song to have ever featured on an Oasis album.
    The Beat Goes On and Four Letter Word are the two best songs on this album both written by Andy Bell. I wouldnt count Sons of the Stage as a Beady Eye song as its only a cover, Man of Misery wasnt included on the main album but its better than most of the songs on it. Personally for me i'd give it. 5/10

you musnt be listing to the same album i was then this album is fantastic lad i really enjoyed it from start to finish its better than the last few oasis albums most defiantly. it sounds better, liams voice is fantastic and some of the songs are just beautifully produced. your still going to get the liam haters hating this album and the lads that wana ride noel loving it but **** it thats life

live forever

ricero

baz2009 wrote: »
    Any chance of you taking your head out of LG's arse, ricero?

when you grow a pair of balls i will . ****ing students :cool:

live forever

ricero

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Any more personal insults and I'll start issuing bans!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Only listened to it once so far but I'm liking it.

It has a retro sound to it and that AINT a bad thing. To be honest there isn't enough of it around at the minute.

Fav Tune is Four Letter Word and the flag waver The Beat Goes On.

Next would be Wind up Dream and Millionaire..

Pretty good offering from Liam and I really wasn't expecting to like any of his songs.. :eek: ( And yes I know FLW and TBGO are Andy's )

you musnt be listing to the same album i was then this album is fantastic lad i really enjoyed it from start to finish its better than the last few oasis albums most defiantly. it sounds better, liams voice is fantastic and some of the songs are just beautifully produced. your still going to get the liam haters hating this album and the lads that wana ride noel loving it but **** it thats life
    Better than the last few Oasis albums?? would you give over. "The Importance of Being Idle", "Lyla", "Let There Be Love", "Mucky Fingers", "The Turning", "Bag It Up", Waiting for the Rapture", "Shock of the Lightning", "Falling Down" have all been on the last two Oasis albums and I havent heard one song on the Beady Eye album better than any of them.
    Its got nothing to do with 'liam haters' or 'noel lovers' but the fact is Beady Eye are just another average indie sounding band like OCS or Embrace whereas Oasis were one of the biggest around. There's no comparison and to suggest there is is madness. Liam's voice and good production cant hide the fact that the songs just arent there simple as that. Its a good album but nothing more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Better than the last few Oasis albums?? would you give over. "The Importance of Being Idle", "Lyla", "Let There Be Love", "Mucky Fingers", "The Turning", "Bag It Up", Waiting for the Rapture", "Shock of the Lightning", "Falling Down" have all been on the last two Oasis albums and I havent heard one song on the Beady Eye album better than any of them.
    Its got nothing to do with 'liam haters' or 'noel lovers' but the fact is Beady Eye are just another average indie sounding band like OCS or Embrace whereas Oasis were one of the biggest around. There's no comparison and to suggest there is is madness. Liam's voice and good production cant hide the fact that the songs just arent there simple as that. Its a good album but nothing more

Four letter word would have easily made it onto any of those albums in my opinion. But ok, I see where your coming from ( The Noel Factor ) .

Thing is. This is NOT Oasis. Its Beady Eye and you have to take them on their own merits. I like the sound they're making, but I reserve my final judgement until I've listened to the album a few times more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement