Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam Gallagher Reveals Plans

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Dotsey wrote: »
    Better than the last few Oasis albums?? would you give over. "The Importance of Being Idle", "Lyla", "Let There Be Love", "Mucky Fingers", "The Turning", "Bag It Up", Waiting for the Rapture", "Shock of the Lightning", "Falling Down" have all been on the last two Oasis albums and I havent heard one song on the Beady Eye album better than any of them.
    Its got nothing to do with 'liam haters' or 'noel lovers' but the fact is Beady Eye are just another average indie sounding band like OCS or Embrace whereas Oasis were one of the biggest around. There's no comparison and to suggest there is is madness. Liam's voice and good production cant hide the fact that the songs just arent there simple as that. Its a good album but nothing more
    Don't compare them to embrace please god the horror you should be banned for making that statement. Beady eye are going to be fukin mega and there new album is already getting the praise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Saganist wrote: »
    Four letter word would have easily made it onto any of those albums in my opinion. But ok, I see where your coming from ( The Noel Factor ) .

Thing is. This is NOT Oasis. Its Beady Eye and you have to take them on their own merits. I like the sound they're making, but I reserve my final judgement until I've listened to the album a few times more.
    I'm not denying there isn't some good songs on it, but the other poster suggested that DGSS was better than the last few Oasis albums not whether individual songs would get onto it.
    If you forget the Oasis connection with this album and judge it on its own merits. I came to the conclusion that this is "Noel Rock" as most bands in this type of genre fall into and there's no getting away from it, and reviewing it you would say they sound like an Oasis tribute band. I've listened to the album 5 or 6 times and its painstakingly average which is unfortunate because I was looking forward to it. But looking at Liam/Gem/Andy's past form on songwriting I always doubted whether they had the catalogue to continue and I think my doubts were rights IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

ricero wrote: »
    when you grow a pair of balls i will . ****ing students :cool:

live forever

ricero

When I grow a pair of balls?
    Jaysus you're so mature.
    Basq wrote: »
    Any more personal insults and I'll start issuing bans!

Apologies, but seriously like it's vomit enducing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

First off I'm a big Oasis fan, but this album is unbelievably average. If Oasis were a Ferrari, then Beady Eye are a Ferrari with the engine and wheels removed.
    There's a couple of decent tunes but nothing top quality. Even comparing it to DOYS which starts off with three non singles in "Bag It Up" "The Turning" and "WFTR", there's not one song on this album that can hold a candle to each of them songs. If it wasnt Liam Gallagher in this band they would be forgetten about and dismissed.
    Even comparing them to Ocean Colour Scene, who are a band of similar era. OCS's last album that was out last year had more inspiration behind it than this and "Saturday" only reached 35 in the album chart.
    Andy Bell and Gem have been in Oasis for the last 3 albums, and between them only one song and thats "Turn Up the Sun" was what you could call good. Two out of Liam's three offerings for the last album were shocking and seemed to be only put on it to keep a balance between Noel writing 50% of the album and the rest making up the other 50%.
    I have tickets for the Olympia gig but I somehow think that by the time they play the Olympia they'll will have had to resurrect some of their own compositions from the backend of the Oasis catalogue.
    Furthermore "Wigwam" should have been cut at around 2mins 40seconds and save us the 4mins of complete nonsense, then again Liam did write it.

Some people are getting seriously carried away on this forum.
    I have to agree with the above. Nothing groundbreaking in it. I think its a decent enough album but cant imagine I'll be listening to it in 6 months time. Reminds me of the last few Oasis albums really, worth a few listens, couple of very good songs, but overall its forgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

live forever

ricero

Damned them students and their education :(
    Thanks for putting your username at the bottom of the post it saves my eyes from having to look over the 2 inches to the left to see who posted it

• Advertisement

gustavo wrote: »
    Damned them students and their education :(
    Thanks for putting your username at the bottom of the post it saves my eyes from having to look over the 2 inches to the left to see who posted it

every little helps ;)
    can somebody please change this forum to beady eye. liam already revealed his plans and there ****ing mega.

live forever

ricero

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Trafford Lad

Seems my favourite songs off it are all Andy's; Millionaire, Kill for a dream, FLW and The Beat goes on. I like it overall, I'm trying to warm to Wigwam - it's just a bit too long. Beatles and Stones and Standing on the edge...arent going to do down in history as classics but they should sound great live so roll on the Olympia. Liam's voice sounds great, I heard he gave up the fags, so hopefully thats true. I agree with something someone said in an earlier post, the interviews with the band and Liam in particular are really enjoyable, he seems in a good place now, happy etc.

two of a kind (the b-side to the roller) has leaked now, go to "dgssleak" on twitter for the link

two of a kind (the b-side to the roller) has leaked now, go to "dgssleak" on twitter for the link

Is it any good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Trafford Lad

Here's the Youtube link for it, I like it, I like the way it chugs along!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apu7wdyCcGs

• Advertisement

Here's the Youtube link for it, I like it, I like the way it chugs along!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apu7wdyCcGs

liking the tune liams voice is mental in this

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

I've finally got to listen to the album. I have to say after a few listens I'm starting to enjoy it! My first impression was that it was pretty weak, also that they should have shortened the album. But really I think I've was being a little too critical because of the hype around. But after a few listens, it's a pretty enjoyable album of a band indulging the sixties and Liam's vocals are superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Can'tseeme wrote: »
    I've finally got to listen to the album. I have to say after a few listens I'm starting to enjoy it! My first impression was that it was pretty weak, also that they should have shortened the album. But really I think I've was being a little too critical because of the hype around. But after a few listens, it's a pretty enjoyable album of a band indulging the sixties and Liam's vocals are superb.

My thoughts exactly!!

It's a really enjoyable record to listen to straight through. Love "The Morning Son" It's a great closer for the album. There's a couple of weak songs but what record doesn't have the odd one.

Liam does sound great on this and he's definetly experimenting with his voice on some of the tracks.

I've said it earlier on the thread that I'd be a little worried how this record can be performed well live. They'll have no problems with the likes of Four Letter Word, Bring the Light, Standing on the Edge of the Noise, The Roller etc......but the likes of For Anyone, Beatles and Stones, Morning Son, Wind up Dream, Wigwam...etc I think Liam will struggle with live. The sound engineer will definetly have his work cut out for him anyway with the amount of reverb and delay used on certain tracks.

Batesy wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly!!

It's a really enjoyable record to listen to straight through. Love "The Morning Son" It's a great closer for the album. There's a couple of weak songs but what record doesn't have the odd one.

Liam does sound great on this and he's definetly experimenting with his voice on some of the tracks.

I've said it earlier on the thread that I'd be a little worried how this record can be performed well live. They'll have no problems with the likes of Four Letter Word, Bring the Light, Standing on the Edge of the Noise, The Roller etc......but the likes of For Anyone, Beatles and Stones, Morning Son, Wind up Dream, Wigwam...etc I think Liam will struggle with live. The sound engineer will definetly have his work cut out for him anyway with the amount of reverb and delay used on certain tracks.

Beatles and Stones will go down well live I think. But I know what you mean. I think "World Outside my Window" should have made the album maybe instead of For Anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

I reckon Three Ring Circus will be pretty good live! Liam's "snarly" voice will come across better in the chorus live, which will sound quality, I think :D

Not that this is going to happen but two songs from Andy Bell's previous bands I'd love to hear Liam sing.

Imagine Liam snarling this out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmm7uCFImHg

and this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HlyNb7gj-4

lads what songs on the album did each member of the band write. i heard they wrote 4 or 3 each does anyone know which song was written by which member much appreciated if u could help us ****ing out

live forever

ricero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Andy Bell: Four Letter Word, Millionaire, Kill For A Dream and The Beat Goes On.

Gem Archer: The Roller, Wind Up Dream, Standing On The Edge Of The Noise and Three Ring Circus.

Liam Gallagher : Bring The Light, Beatles And Stones, For Anyone, Wigwam and The Morning Son.

Visit newly launched Beady Eye fan site www.standingontheedgeofthenoise.com

zimovain wrote: »
    Andy Bell: Four Letter Word, Millionaire, Kill For A Dream and The Beat Goes On.

Gem Archer: The Roller, Wind Up Dream, Standing On The Edge Of The Noise and Three Ring Circus.

Liam Gallagher : Bring The Light, Beatles And Stones, For Anyone, Wigwam and The Morning Son.

Visit newly launched Beady Eye fan site www.standingontheedgeofthenoise.com

jasus liam wrote the morning son fair play to the man thats some ****ing tune

live forever

ricero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

live forever

ricero

so the big 4 bands in england during the 60s and early 70s were the beatles, rolling stones, the who and the kinks. me and the boys in college were debating this all morning.

F**king students

live forever

Android

• Advertisement

F**king students

live forever

Android

Fas :cool:. U gotta b gud to get me :D. Live forever ricero

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Ricero, you managed to leave out the Zep and the Floyd from that list. For shame :pac:

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Ricero, you managed to leave out the Zep and the Floyd from that list. For shame :pac:

Zep are my secound favorite band but they wernt part of the original big 4 of the kinks,who,beatles and stones they came a few years afta that's why. As for pink floyd they never really did it for me I do enjoy them from time to time but I wouldn't be a die hard fan although I have about 3 of their albums and dark side of the moon would be in my top 10 of all time. Anyway beady eye r d fukin kings now. Live forever. Ricero

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Havent posted in a while, I've been cocooned in my room listening to the album on repeat ever since it leaked!! :D

Firstly everyone has different tastes, if you don't like fair enough.

All the comments are just how I imagined, here's my take:

1. Fcuking unreal album. It is seriously class. Liam pulled it out of the bag. Lets be honest, the majority where expecting a train crash album which would be the nail in LGs musical coffin. Far fcuking from it. LG and the rest of Beady Eye have done themselves proud and proved they can write great tunes. I think this is the main point of the album, Liam & co have silenced any doubts that they were carried along by Noel. They are all very talented in their own right. Myabe if Noel wasnt such a dictator they would have had better albums than the last 3...

Liam needed to make a good record and he has. It will be interesting to see what Noel comes out with. He will be doing very well to make a better record than DGSS.

2. It is definetly better than the last 3 Oasis albums. Yes, they did have great tunes but I think DGSS is more consistent throughout and much easier to listen to than HC or DBTT.

3. Liams voice is unreal. Yes it is 'helped along' in the studio, but compared to the majority of Oasis tunes, Liam is singing rather than shouting and snarling. The tunes on DGSS suit his vocals really well. Yes the live performance will (probably) be average at best, which is to be expected, he will be locked etc. but let's wait and see.

Four Letter Word: Great opener, really catchy and should be amazing live.

Millionaire: Absolute belter. SO catchy and has a great beat. Could see this as possibly the most radio friendly tune on the album....

Beatles and Stones: Great tune. Should be great live, really upbeat and will get the crowd going. LG will definetly stand the test of time. That is a fact.

The Roller: Great tune and I think they were right to use it as their first single. Will be mega live.

Wind Up Dream: Another belter. Great tune, once again really catchy. I love the harmonica part!

Bring The Light: I can see why the majority of people don't like it. I wasn't mad the first time, but I must admit it's grown on me at every listen and I love it. Should be great live, and get the crowd going!!

For Anyone: Beautiful song. It's the Songbird of the album. Again, really catchy and has a great melody. Really happy tune.

Kill for a Dream: Fcuking amazing. The guitar solo is genius, I keep humming it. Seriously impressive tune. One of the best on the album. Definite lighters to the air moment for that solo!

Standing on the Edge of the Noise: Great song with a great beat. "Got me, Got you, I'm standing on the edge of the noise". Cant wait to be standing on the edge of the noise in 2 weeks!

Wigwam: Another belter!! I disagree with comments saying it's too long. I love the build up to Liams "I'm coming up", very fitting. Lyrics are great and the tune is just great overall.

Three Ring Circus: Unreal! Should be another go wild moment when it's played live. Love the beat and the chorus.

The Beat Goes On: WOW. The best tune on the album?? Absolute cracker. Its up there with any Oasis tune. Its magnificent. SO catchy with a great beat and great lyrics. Very inspring stuff from LG. Take a bow son!

The Morning Son: At first listen I was pissed with the over use (imo) of the echo effect, it got slighly annoying. Then the more I listened the song revealed itself and wow, what a tune. Fcuking mint. Proof that LG can write tunes, like The Beat Goes On its very inspiring and a definite lighters in the air tune.

Overall: 9 / 10. There is no way anyone can rate it lower than a 7. Every review has rated it highly and all agreed it was way better than expectations and LG has proven everyone wrong.

The interviews, liked someone said, are great. Funny, interesting and easy to read. They are all chilled out and have 100% belief in what they're doing which is why I respect them.

Hats off to Beady Eye, amazing album, cannot wait for the gigs now! 2011 is the year of....... BEADY EYE!!

Live4Ever wrote: »
    Havent posted in a while, I've been cocooned in my room listening to the album on repeat ever since it leaked!! :D

Firstly everyone has different tastes, if you don't like fair enough.

All the comments are just how I imagined, here's my take:

1. Fcuking unreal album. It is seriously class. Liam pulled it out of the bag. Lets be honest, the majority where expecting a train crash album which would be the nail in LGs musical coffin. Far fcuking from it. LG and the rest of Beady Eye have done themselves proud and proved they can write great tunes. I think this is the main point of the album, Liam & co have silenced any doubts that they were carried along by Noel. They are all very talented in their own right. Myabe if Noel wasnt such a dictator they would have had better albums than the last 3...

Liam needed to make a good record and he has. It will be interesting to see what Noel comes out with. He will be doing very well to make a better record than DGSS.

2. It is definetly better than the last 3 Oasis albums. Yes, they did have great tunes but I think DGSS is more consistent throughout and much easier to listen to than HC or DBTT.

3. Liams voice is unreal. Yes it is 'helped along' in the studio, but compared to the majority of Oasis tunes, Liam is singing rather than shouting and snarling. The tunes on DGSS suit his vocals really well. Yes the live performance will (probably) be average at best, which is to be expected, he will be locked etc. but let's wait and see.

Four Letter Word: Great opener, really catchy and should be amazing live.

Millionaire: Absolute belter. SO catchy and has a great beat. Could see this as possibly the most radio friendly tune on the album....

Beatles and Stones: Great tune. Should be great live, really upbeat and will get the crowd going. LG will definetly stand the test of time. That is a fact.

The Roller: Great tune and I think they were right to use it as their first single. Will be mega live.

Wind Up Dream: Another belter. Great tune, once again really catchy. I love the harmonica part!

Bring The Light: I can see why the majority of people don't like it. I wasn't mad the first time, but I must admit it's grown on me at every listen and I love it. Should be great live, and get the crowd going!!

For Anyone: Beautiful song. It's the Songbird of the album. Again, really catchy and has a great melody. Really happy tune.

Kill for a Dream: Fcuking amazing. The guitar solo is genius, I keep humming it. Seriously impressive tune. One of the best on the album. Definite lighters to the air moment for that solo!

Standing on the Edge of the Noise: Great song with a great beat. "Got me, Got you, I'm standing on the edge of the noise". Cant wait to be standing on the edge of the noise in 2 weeks!

Wigwam: Another belter!! I disagree with comments saying it's too long. I love the build up to Liams "I'm coming up", very fitting. Lyrics are great and the tune is just great overall.

Three Ring Circus: Unreal! Should be another go wild moment when it's played live. Love the beat and the chorus.

The Beat Goes On: WOW. The best tune on the album?? Absolute cracker. Its up there with any Oasis tune. Its magnificent. SO catchy with a great beat and great lyrics. Very inspring stuff from LG. Take a bow son!

The Morning Son: At first listen I was pissed with the over use (imo) of the echo effect, it got slighly annoying. Then the more I listened the song revealed itself and wow, what a tune. Fcuking mint. Proof that LG can write tunes, like The Beat Goes On its very inspiring and a definite lighters in the air tune.

Overall: 9 / 10. There is no way anyone can rate it lower than a 7. Every review has rated it highly and all agreed it was way better than expectations and LG has proven everyone wrong.

The interviews, liked someone said, are great. Funny, interesting and easy to read. They are all chilled out and have 100% belief in what they're doing which is why I respect them.

Hats off to Beady Eye, amazing album, cannot wait for the gigs now! 2011 is the year of....... BEADY EYE!!

you made a gr8 point this album was expecting to be a complete and utter failure and that liam gallager and co would be torn to shreds. but they have proved ****ing every 1 wrong its a ****ing belter of a debut album with not one ****ing filler on it.
    cant wait to hear these ****ers live at the Olympia :cool:

live forever

ricero

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Fas :cool:. U gotta b gud to get me :D. Live forever ricero

FAS isn't college ...

Bonavox wrote: »
    FAS isn't college ...

Better then the ****ing dole cue man. Some epic debates in fas on music and On our love of oasis/beady eye and our hate of puff bands. Live forever ricero

The reported live setlist from BDI is:
    Four Letter Word
    Beatles and Stones
    Millionaire
    For Anyone
    The Roller
    Wind Up Dream
    Bring the Light
    Standing on the Edge
    Kill For A Dream
    Three Ring Circus
    Man of Misery
    The Beat Goes On
    Morning Son
    Sons of the Stage

Thank f**k there's no Wigwam

Live4Ever wrote: »

Myabe if Noel wasnt such a dictator they would have had better albums than the last 3...

1. DOYS was let down not by Noel's contributions but by the other three, the first 7 tracks on that album (Noel 6, Liam 1) were better than anything on this album

2. SOTEOTN is possibly up there with TNOR as the worst song Liam/Andy/Gem have ever put out in their careers between them and i include Little James in that

3. Wigwam is 4minutes too long, I've already edited it out

4. 9/10???? are you mad? Its hardly Sgt Pepper or Revolver.. your very givish with your ratings

• Advertisement

1. DOYS was let down not by Noel's contributions but by the other three, the first 7 tracks on that album (Noel 6, Liam 1) were better than anything on this album

2. SOTEOTN is possibly up there with TNOR as the worst song Liam/Andy/Gem have ever put out in their careers between them and i include Little James in that

3. Wigwam is 4minutes too long, I've already edited it out

4. 9/10???? are you mad? Its hardly Sgt Pepper or Revolver.. your very givish with your ratings

Your obviously living up noels anus cause even a deaf **** would tell ya dis album is a belter And four letter word,the morning son are better than any tune on the last oasis album. Delighted sons of the stage is on the setlist. Live forever ricero

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement