Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam Gallagher Reveals Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Enjoyed that!

Can't wait for more the b-side to this tune now!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Detour

Beady Eye are shaping up pretty good. Each song they've released has been better than the last.

Bit ironic Liam accusing Noel of stealing songs from Oasis' last session, when it looks like Gem wrote this ages ago, while with Oasis.

Doesnt really matter who wrote what when though. Looking forward to this album, and also Noel's, whenever he gets around to releasing it.

the b-side to "Four Letter Word"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf3_Z2JDAF0

Really liking this one, very simple, kinks-esque tune, light hearted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

the b-side to "Four Letter Word"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf3_Z2JDAF0

Really liking this one, very simple, kinks-esque tune, light hearted

cracking tune loving liams voice on this. hes back baby :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

ricero wrote: »
    cracking tune loving liams voice on this. hes back baby :D
    Nice as it may be, it's not a patch on what it was. Started to get progressively worse from '02 onwards and the last tour was just abysmal vocally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I am curious to ask fans of Beady Eye, what is the most original album you think you have in your collection? Or, what would you consider original music?

As in, it sounds like nobody else, and I'm not talking about "kinks-esque" or "sounds a bit like lennon", to me that doesn't count.

I'm not going to slag anyone off here for the answer, but I don't find Beady Eye original.
    I find it too derivative, knock offs of other bands. But that's just my opinion.

I like to stumble across stuff that is trying to have its own sound, or be original in some way, be it vocally or musically...

seachto7 wrote: »
    I am curious to ask fans of Beady Eye, what is the most original album you think you have in your collection? Or, what would you consider original music?

As in, it sounds like nobody else, and I'm not talking about "kinks-esque" or "sounds a bit like lennon", to me that doesn't count.

I'm not going to slag anyone off here for the answer, but I don't find Beady Eye original.
    I find it too derivative, knock offs of other bands. But that's just my opinion.

I like to stumble across stuff that is trying to have its own sound, or be original in some way, be it vocally or musically...

Probaly sgt peppers by the beatles and quadraphenia by the who. But all music now is ****ing knock offs of other bands these days everyones ****ing at it. Beady eye are bringing proper rock n roll back to England and Europe and are trying to give it a good name again after puff bands like my chemical romance and green day are giving rock n roll a bad name. Live forever ricero

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

What exactly is a "puff band" ?

gustavo wrote: »
    What exactly is a "puff band" ?

Presumably, bands whose members are puffs.

:pac:

These puff bands wearing ****ing eye liner and cutting themselves man thats what a puff does influencing kids to cut themselves. At their concerts they speak about helping the enviorment and **** . **** that get on wit it I've paid me money play the tunes that's what I loved about oasis jus pure rock n roll for 2 hours. Live forever ricero

• Advertisement

At their concerts they speak about helping the enviorment and **** . **** that get on wit it I've paid me money play the tunes that's what I loved about oasis jus pure rock n roll for 2 hours. Live forever ricero

I remeber a Noel Gallagher quote and he said something along the lines of "Yeah, I like Coldplay, but they should stop caring about the polar bears and get on with the rock 'n' roll" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

These puff bands wearing ****ing eye liner and cutting themselves man thats what a puff does influencing kids to cut themselves. At their concerts they speak about helping the enviorment and **** . **** that get on wit it I've paid me money play the tunes that's what I loved about oasis jus pure rock n roll for 2 hours. Live forever ricero

You're like a little caricature , Presumably the word you're looking for is poof.

gustavo wrote: »
    You're like a little caricature , Presumably the word you're looking for is poof.

does it ****ing matter people understand it so who gives a **** ;)

live forever

ricero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

These puff bands wearing ****ing eye liner

Not like Liam. He's as hard as nails and a rock staaaaaaaar!

im sorry but thats noel saying that for all we know its utter bull**** liam would never wear that **** cause hes ****ing rock n roll like me new tattoo i got live forever.

live forever

ricero

Probaly sgt peppers by the beatles and quadraphenia by the who. But all music now is ****ing knock offs of other bands these days everyones ****ing at it. Beady eye are bringing proper rock n roll back to England and Europe and are trying to give it a good name again after puff bands like my chemical romance and green day are giving rock n roll a bad name. Live forever ricero

True, but those albums were of their time in the 60s. I don't agree all music is a knock off? Radiohead's last album can't be said to be copying anyone else.
    Nirvana had their own sound. Bon Iver has his own sound. Low don't sound like anyone else. Sun Kil Moon sound like Sun Kil Moon, nobody else.
    Iron Maiden sound like Iron Maiden,not like anyone else.

The Libertines, I would put in the same category as Beady Eye: Trendy...???

im sorry but thats noel saying that for all we know its utter bull**** liam would never wear that **** cause hes ****ing rock n roll like me new tattoo i got live forever.

live forever

ricero

You're posts are humorous, I'l give you that. Show us yer tattoo then!?!

seachto7 wrote: »
    You're posts are humorous, I'l give you that. Show us yer tattoo then!?!

It's on me leg it's ****ing mega man I don't know how to on this I'd like to keep me skin to meself being honest ya wouldn't know what pervs are on this getting aroused over leg tattoos. Beady eye for oxegen get rid of them 182 puffs. Live forever ricero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

It's on me leg it's ****ing mega man I don't know how to on this I'd like to keep me skin to meself being honest ya wouldn't know what pervs are on this getting aroused over leg tattoos. Beady eye for oxegen get rid of them 182 puffs. Live forever ricero

hardly a tattoo of this by any chance? ;)

http://tinyurl.com/4onfu4s

aDeener wrote: »
    hardly a tattoo of this by any chance? ;)

http://tinyurl.com/4onfu4s

No, it's an 'I heart Liam' with a little cartoon head of Liam in a love heart. It's very sweet… wait I mean it's very rock and roooollllllll!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

1. Four Letter Word
    "Four-letter word" has sharp hard edge riffs. Aggression like the Pistols, Sharp like Led Zeppelin, a kick ass tune to match anything done by Oasis, It is a powerful opening track. Lively guitar solo interlude by Gem.

2. Millionaire
    A light psychedelic acoustic number. Like the Beach Boys on acid, or John Lennon when high. Liam vocals and the slide guitar a smooth. A cute little charmig song.

3. The Roller
    This is the official first single. Originally written during the Oasis' Heathen Chemistry session. The tone is reminicent of "All You Need is Love" with shades of "Half the World Away". The chorus melody sounds like somethign McMartney would write. In the video, Gem plays the piano. The band really loves the tune.

4. Beatles and Stones
    It is not what you would think from the title. The guitars sound like the Who. The lyrics are about the yearning rock'n roll in a few little cliches, This song is simple rock'n roll chords like "Bring the Light", but they are stimulating. Liam and the boys are searching for the answer of "what is rock'n roll?" and are well on the road

5. Wind Up Dream
    A dark, bluesy rock song that feels a bit like Neil Young. Different from the more uplifting melodies running throught the rest of the album. There is an intertwining guitar and vocal solo, that never happened in Oasis

6. Bring the Light
    A quick, familiar, and memorable Beady Eye tune. Like a Jerry Lee Lewis-style boogie piano, or 70's Stones. It's simple, straightforward rock and roll but obviously, "Not Oasis". This track shows Beady Eye's pride and fighting spirit. They are saying "Let the gear change, it'll still rock and roll," C'mon baby!

7. For Anyone
    Inspirational pop melody reminicent of "Songbird." It's a gentle tune. Aspects drawn from the Beatles, in a good way. Pretty impressive. It has 60s pop style rhythm, with fairly cliched love song lyirics.

8. Kill for a Dream
    Like "Champagne Supernova" it's also likely to please the fans, a super ballad masterpiece! The "Na na na" chourus reminds you of "Hey Jude". This song sounds the most "like Oasis" of anything on the album.

9. Standing on the Edge of the Noise
    Glam rock explosion. Like "Bring the Light" but much harder. Liam's roughest vocals on the album. A combination of "Drive My Car" and "Get Back". So basically like mid-late Beatles.

10. Wigwam
    I has strings. It sounds groovey like a combinaton psychedelic and modern rock. The "Sha La La" chorus makes "All Around the World" sound like a pipe dream. It feels like the climax/finale of the album. Liam sings in falsetto, Liam sounds like he did when he was young.

11. The Ring Circus
    The title meaning is "revelry". Sounds like John Lennon rock 'n roll with some heavy blues-rock atmosphere. There are points in the chorus where the vocals are somewhat reminiscent of Oasis. Sounds like an extension of late Oasis and it might have been around since the Oasis era.

12. The Beat Goes On
    Like a John Lennon ballad then Liam pauses for a bit then there is a dramatic explosion of sound into something that is reminisent of a medley of tunes from Abbey Road and For Anyone. A sweet and gentle vocal.

13. The Morning Son
    Starts acoustically and then dramtically expands when the drums come in into an epic tune, worthy of being on the album. There are reverse guitar and strings to boost the sound. May remind some of "Whatever"

A review from a Japan magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Haha thats fcucking bull**** about Liam wearing eyeliner. That is Noel winding him up, they always have trashed talked about each other. There no chance LG would be seen dead in eyeliner.

Fcuking loved "World Outside my Room" unreal tune, mad chilled out.

My most original alums are:
    Sgt Peppers - The Beatles
    The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico
    Definetly Maybe - Oasis

Nice review there about the album. The ones I haven't heard sound great.

Yeah!! Fcuk Blink 182 and The Poo Fighters. Beady Eye all the way!

Live4ever

live forever

ricero

Yeah, you're right. Liam Gallagher would never wear make up. Oh wait, whose name is in the client list?

zimovain wrote: »
    A review from a Japan magazine.

looking forward to this cant wait man sounds ****ing mega.

live forever
    ricero

It's the moment we've been hoping for.....

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Beady-Eye-tickets/artist/1082984

Beady Eye are playing The Olympia on Thursday and Friday April 14th and 15th. Tickets onsale Friday at 10am.

Can't find a specific link other than above but it is 100% fact. Heard it on 2fm this morning aswell, but didn't win the tickets :(....

Anway, I'm defo going, should be a quality gig! BABY COME ON!

Live4ever

Live4Ever wrote: »
    It's the moment we've been hoping for.....

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Beady-Eye-tickets/artist/1082984

Beady Eye are playing The Olympia on Thursday and Friday April 14th and 15th. Tickets onsale Friday at 10am.

Can't find a specific link other than above but it is 100% fact. Heard it on 2fm this morning aswell, but didn't win the tickets :(....

Anway, I'm defo going, should be a quality gig! BABY COME ON!

Live4ever

Here's the link http://www.beadyeyemusic.com/news.php?id=204

Can't wait. Going Manchester gig, but defo gonna go to that too!

Tickets are €36.60, and on ticketmaster.ie it says that you can buy tickets for the thursday gig from 10am this friday, but if you buy tickets for the friday gig, you can buy them from 9am.

Here's the link http://www.beadyeyemusic.com/news.php?id=204

Can't wait. Going Manchester gig, but defo gonna go to that too!

Nice one. Yeah I'm going to the London gig, obviously I'm gonna go to the home leg aswell. :D
    Tickets are €36.60, and on ticketmaster.ie it says that you can buy tickets for the thursday gig from 10am this friday, but if you buy tickets for the friday gig, you can buy them from 9am.

Ooooh think I'll try for Friday, saves me taking a days holiday.

• Advertisement

im ecstatic cant ****ing wait im over the moon. was thinking of going to fridays gig but **** it might go thursdays aswell.

any1 know the support acts ? i heard miles kane is doing some shows hopefully we get him over here.

live forever

ricero

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement