Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam Gallagher Reveals Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I'm caught in two minds. Go to the Thursday gig, first Beady Eye gig in Ireland... OR go to the Friday gig, probably have a better night as Whelans tends to be better for post gig shenanigans on a Friday....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

I'm caught in two minds. Go to the Thursday gig, first Beady Eye gig in Ireland... OR go to the Friday gig, probably have a better night as Whelans tends to be better for post gig shenanigans on a Friday....

I'm going to the Thursday gig (hopefully!) just for the fact that there's the football on Friday nights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

3 stars from MOJO Magazine, they were pleasently surprised with the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

4/5 from Q magazine for the album.

Interview with the band in this months Q.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

do you think they will end their gigs with i am the walrus still ? was thinking to myself they must be playing some b sides and covers at this gig or just the album all the way through. still i would like to see a 18 tunes on the night

live forever

ricero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

ricero wrote: »
    do you think they will end their gigs with i am the walrus still ? was thinking to myself they must be playing some b sides and covers at this gig or just the album all the way through. still i would like to see a 18 tunes on the night

live forever

ricero

Yeah thinking that myself. Technically it's not an Oasis tune so possibly?? I'd say he'll play Songbird, I'm Outta Time, Little James. There's no way they'll play anything Noel wrote.

Looks like the tickets for both nights are on sale at 10am this morning. Cant fcuking wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I believe I read somewhere them saying they wouldn't be playing any Oasis tunes.

Here

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/no-oasis-tunes-in-beady-eye-set-2433826.html

Fcukin' have it! Got me 4 tickets for the thursday gig. Standing too!

gustavo wrote: »
    I believe I read somewhere them saying they wouldn't be playing any Oasis tunes.

Here

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/no-oasis-tunes-in-beady-eye-set-2433826.html

As I said technically I Am The Walrus is not an Oasis tune. Yeah he did say that, but you never know. He wrote those tunes so and he's dead proud of them so he might. They may not have enough songs for a setlist if it's just Beady Eye material.
    Fcukin' have it! Got me 4 tickets for the thursday gig. Standing too!

Nice one!! LETS FCUKING 'AVE IT!! Got mine aswell. Friday night and standing. Think I'' start a pre gig thread.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

Got tickets for the Ulster hall date. Can't wait

I think they'll add a few covers to their set. But I don't think they'll have been done before in Oasis. Maybe some classic Kinks or Small Faces?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

Live4Ever wrote: »
    Yeah thinking that myself. Technically it's not an Oasis tune so possibly?? I'd say he'll play Songbird, I'm Outta Time, Little James. There's no way they'll play anything Noel wrote.

Looks like the tickets for both nights are on sale at 10am this morning. Cant fcuking wait.

oh dear lets hope not! :pac:

eyeball tickler would be a cracking tune to play, think liam and gem co wrote it

Thursday night ****in love it

live forever

ricero

sold out in 2 minutes ;)

Got tickets. Upper Circle on the friday. Disappointing, would have had standing tickets but there wasn't enough money in my account when the booking fee was added so I had to wait for money to be transferred into the account....

Still, cannot fudging wait!

'Channel 4 has confirmed plans to air Live From Abbey Road - Beady Eye Special.

The 30-minute show will feature Liam Gallagher's post-Oasis band performing four songs plus an interview with the group. It will air in late February.

In spring 2011, the broadcaster will follow up the programme with a new series of 15-minute shows titled Abbey Road Debuts. Each programme will feature two tracks from a band's Abbey Road debut and an interview with host Tom Ravenscroft.

Neil McCallum, head of T4 and Music at Channel 4, said: "We're looking forward to broadcasting Beady Eye's eagerly anticipated televised performance prior to the release of their brand new album.

"In addition, it's exciting to be announcing a brand new spinoff series, Abbey Road Debuts, which will allow the next generation of musical stars the opportunity to perform in such a historical space.

"We envisage the shows to be the perfect accompaniment to the main series, collectively covering a whole new musical spectrum."

Beady Eye's debut single goes into the UK Charts at... yes, you guessed it, #31. Cosmic.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

They should have gone with four letter word as their lead single , The roller was never going to chart well.

Supersonic went to #31, a sign of things to come?

http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/window/media/page/listen/0,,8692460,00.html
    Thanks to our friends at Dangerbird Records, one of the best labels out there specializing in quality alt rock, ARTISTdirect.com is pleased to premiere "The Roller," a brand new song by Beady Eye, featuring ex-members of Oasis, save for Noel Gallagher. The band's debut, Different Gear, Still Speeding, is out March 1st, but you can enjoy a free download of the sounds-like-Oasis-and-that-is-a-very-good-thing song "The Roller" a month in advance.

• Advertisement

Definetly should have gone with Four Letter Word as the debut single.

Did you hear Beatles and Stones?? Great tune, got leaked for a few hours.

"Im gonna stand the test of tiiiiiimmmme-ah, like Beatles and Stoooooones-ah" :D

you can still listen to "Beatles And Stones" here

http://www.misformusic.com/2011/02/beady-eye-beatles-and-stones-music/

Apparently Noel has been barred from the Irish gigs by Liam. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Live4Ever wrote: »
    Apparently Noel has been barred from the Irish gigs by Liam. :D

So out of curiousity, what side do the diehard Oasis fans favour in this saga? Noel or Liam?

Noel. Wrote the best songs, far more down to earth guy, reasonable enough to criticise past work where it is due (even if one gets the distinct impression that this is done to brown nose the NME/Q press)

I reckon that story was just made up by The Mirror tbh...

So out of curiousity, what side do the diehard Oasis fans favour in this saga? Noel or Liam?

Liam. We still don't know what happened the night they broke up.....

So far Liam has had no fights or falling outs with the other Beady Eye members, which indicates to me that Liam just didn't get on with Noel. Brother rivalry and all that. Actually, drummers excluded, LG got on with all past band members of Oasis.

Noel always says Liam is hard to work with. He probably is, but I'd bet that he is just a cnut to Noel. I can also see Noel being hard to work with. In Oasis Noel was a bit of a dictator....

My view is:
    Oasis are nothing without both Gallaghers together. Oasis were all about the rivalry between the two brothers. Fair enough Noel wrote the tunes, but without Liam on vocals.... meh. Liam did the right thing by forming a new band rather than sticking to Oasis minus Noel. Beady Eye are looking mega, the album and subsequent gigs will tell alot!
    I reckon that story was just made up by The Mirror tbh...

Yeah probably, although LG probably did say it, he loves to talk ****e to paparazzi as he's going into his gaff or getting out of a car or wherever he is!

Noel is a tad bit mature to turn up at a Beady Eye gig to cause a reaction. After reading this news Im guessing Noel is making a start on his solo career.

It might just be a website but it's a sign of something coming about.
    The Oasis fan who bought Noel Gallagher's web domain name, Noelgallagher.com, 10 years ago has got in touch with NME to say he never negotiated a deal to give it back to the guitarist, as had been reported in the papers.

Javier Romero said he was more than pleased with his dealings with Noel, and he offered to give him back the domain name for free. "They offered me a soundcheck pass [for one of his shows at the London Royal Albert Hall last March], then the meet and greet," he said.

"All Noel's crew were very friendly. I can only say good things to about Noel, and hope he can say the same about me."
    Source: www.nme.com

liam is the ****ing man pure rock n roll best front man ever but i still have the respect for noel he did write some scorchers but liam sang them ****ers ;)

live forever

ricero

• Advertisement

Liam would be nobody without Noel. Anyone who has heard pre-Noel Oasis demos would know this. Liam owes his professional career to Noel "God" Gallagher.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement