Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you define a D4?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Nulty wrote: »
    There was a second one but never got to see it...

*hmm, how does this torrent thing wrk again?*

It's great in the most insane way possible. As in not great but thoroughly enjoyable.

Wildly off topic so a quote from the movie directly relating to the subject of the thread:

"I just wanted to play rugby with you guys."

(And the moment of that quote is one of the maddest bits of a film I've ever seen.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

RMD wrote: »
    I'm in school also, private school like yourself. Like yourself, my dad is also a Barrister and I'm going to be following him into Law.

I go to a private school, I'm going to go to a good university, I live in a nice middle class area, my house costs roughly around the 1 million euro mark even with recent prices, I play rugby etc.

"If only my postcode was an even number, life would be purrfect."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

"If only my postcode was an even number, life would be purrfect."

Well done taking out parts that suited you to mock me.

If you read the rest of my post you would realise I'm detailing through what I mentioned there why people hate the D4 attitude. I've noticed you've made no contribution to this topic at all other than mock people and talk movies, nice one.

Well done taking out parts that suited you to mock me.

If you read the rest of my post you would realise I'm detailing through what I mentioned there why people hate the D4 attitude. I've noticed you've made no contribution to this topic at all other than mock people and talk movies, nice one.

No I was talking movies. No one has their facts right!

Dude, you can give it...
    And that, that is why many people hate the attitude of D4's. You're shams, you're all fake trying to give off this image that you come from a family of insane wealth, that you're far superior to everyone else and you look down on every person who earns less than Daddy does. You're no different from me D.R, the only difference is I don't have that bull**** elitist attitude you have, you're the exact definition of a D4, you're quite average Upper Middle class, yet try to give the impression you're totally superior.

So you should learn how to take it.

• Advertisement

Dude, you can give it...

So you should learn how to take it.

All your joke consisted of was taking something I said out of context and throwing some "mon I wish I lived on the focking southsoide" crap at me. I can take it, but taking what I say out of context to make a joke is pretty ****ing stupid. Seems the only reason you joined this topic was to take the piss out of people.

I'll take it better next time anyway, it's 1.30 and I'm tired as **** so I'm probably being some grouchy dick at this stage.

A

I'll take it better next time anyway, it's 1.30 and I'm tired as **** so I'm probably being some grouchy dick at this stage.

If Carlsberg made grouches...

If Carlsberg made grouches...

Dude seriously, you're really ****ing pushing it at this stage for no reason at all.

Why does everybody keep saying dude? What did I miss?

DUDE!

Am I cool now?

Why does everybody keep saying dude? What did I miss?

The 90's, it seems. Wouldn't worry about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

The most pompous "ye I'm posh roysh mon" types I've come across seem to be from areas like Foxrock.

unsubstantiated lies

Ok, rad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

unsubstantiated lies

You WOULD say that wouldn't you, pompous git! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Nulty wrote: »
    You WOULD say that wouldn't you, pompous git! :D

<runs off to west wing shouting>

daddy the internet people are being rudeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Theres tower block akin to those of Ballymun right smack bang in the middle a D4 though a lot are unaware of this. Adds a bit of culture imo!

Can't lose the common touch.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

<runs off to west wing shouting>

daddy the internet people are being rudeeeeee

....the question is... do you have a North wing? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Bubs101 wrote: »
    TBH, I can't understand the hate that the lad stereotype of D4 gets because going to a private school and college and wearing dubes is much much better than going to a **** school and working in Centra and tucking your tracksuit bottoms into your socks

Hmm actually no its really isn't. Besides both stereotypes end up in the joy for beating people to death outside nightclubs.
    D.R cowboy wrote: »
    had to work hard for everything he has
    You know, I hate this expression. Its so loaded with ....entitlement. Do you think, that other people didn't work hard ? Do you think that people poorer than your daddy dearest don't work hard ? Do you think that stackign shelves 8 hours a day for minimum wage is somehow not hard work ? See what your missing from the picture, either because your too young to have realised it yt or because you've been shielded, is that your dad got everything he has for TWO reasons - one was workign hard -you are right there, the other was pure dumb luck. Plenty of guys exactly like your dad, or even harder workers ended up broke because they didn't ahve such good luck. This is how the world is. Deal with it.

Right. All you've done is stereotype, well done. I'm in school also, private school like yourself. Like yourself, my dad is also a Barrister and I'm going to be following him into Law. If you knew anything you'd know you can't work for your dad if he's a Barrister as it's a self-employed position and each person is independent Ie they can't hire people to work for them other than personal assistants / legal secretaries.

My dad also had to work for everything he has, had to work his ****ing ass off to get what he had considering the ****hole of a school he went to. See, I'm everything you are as well, but without the elitist attitude. I go to a private school, I'm going to go to a good university, I live in a nice middle class area, my house costs roughly around the 1 million euro mark even with recent prices, I play rugby etc. I'm everything the average D4 seems to be labelled as, but the main difference is I don't stroll around on some mighty high horse thinking I'm the ****s and far superior to everyone else who comes from a less fortunate background.

And that, that is why many people hate the attitude of D4's. You're shams, you're all fake trying to give off this image that you come from a family of insane wealth, that you're far superior to everyone else and you look down on every person who earns less than Daddy does. You're no different from me D.R, the only difference is I don't have that bull**** elitist attitude you have, you're the exact definition of a D4, you're quite average Upper Middle class, yet try to give the impression you're totally superior.

A self-hating D4 ?
    You might not be elite-ist but you certainly are smug:D

Seems the only reason you joined this topic was to take the piss out of people.
    Ok you are taking this waaaayyy too seriously. its AH. It exists ENTIRELY to take the piss out of all and sundry.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

I think they're the spawn of the Celtic Tiger, kinda like our own little Frankenstein monster.

Dopes, basically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

D4 = 212

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

My take on a D4 knob, some pretentious twat with the most annoying nasal accent that must be more contagious than swine flu, if your weak of mind and hear it a few times you can catch it, also you run around saying with that crap nasal noise Faaaanntaaassstic (must be said 114 times per day), ****

unsubstantiated lies

Well the adult population of Foxrock are fine. It's the teenagers my age who come across as the "I'm so D4 mon, focking look at me" type. Just going from personal experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Fizman wrote: »
    I think Urban Dictionary says it best

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=d4

i got my first ride at the wezz, ill never hear a bad thing said about it.... loike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Pdfile wrote: »
    i got my first ride at the wezz, ill never hear a bad thing said about it.... loike.

how romantic! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭j1974

Fizman wrote: »
    I think Urban Dictionary says it best

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=d4

cudnt agree more mate. I cant stand going to dundrum shopping centre anymore as I've developed this hatred and aversion to mylee cyrus D4 fake american accented ****!!! the girls do my head in more then the lads to be honest. little c*nts!!!!

Do you think that stackign shelves 8 hours a day for minimum wage is somehow not hard work ?
    personally, having done it... i would not consider this hard work, repetitive but not taxing physically or mentally.

• Advertisement

personally, having done it... i would not consider this hard work, repetitive but not taxing physically or mentally.

I'll tell you what the hardest part about that job is....the customers. They can be a right pain in the ass

Advertisement