Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you define a D4?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

the worst is the d4 wannabees, who despite being from cork or wexford, speak like said w*nkers.

scumbags:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

What I love about coming home is hearing the myriad of accents that proliferate in 21st century Dublin. The new and old traders on Moore St, the average joe & yes, even the much maligned D4 accent. Isn't variety simply wonderful?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

They never. stop. talking. inane. "shoite".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

D4, Where the Guys are girls and the girls are stuck up umpa lumpas. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Oh roysh, I am all these descriptions ye post about? :)

Jayzus, get outta dat garden! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's someone from Dublin that's even more annoying than your average Dub..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

hobochris wrote: »
    D4, Where the Guys are girls and the girls are stuck up umpa lumpas. :D

Perhaps a little more lube on the strap-on, then?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

neil_hosey wrote: »
    anyone that uses that ghey word "scobe"..

Fuppin muppets

Skobe is a word of such transcendent awesomeness, such sublime perfection, that anyone who doesnt like it automatically becomes a skobe and the circle is complete.

I dont like people who use the word muppets, it's lame, that show hasn't been on tv for ten years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Co45

D4,

Where everyone has loads of money, amazing prospects, and are regularly banging the hottest women in Dublin. Outsiders display a lot of bitter jealously towards them.

D24, is where its at though.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Leave Wexford and Leinster out of this :mad:
    The vast amount involved with both are nothing like this Ross O Carroll Kelly stereotype

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Glenster wrote: »
    Skobe is a word of such transcendent awesomeness, such sublime perfection, that anyone who doesnt like it automatically becomes a skobe and the circle is complete.

I dont like people who use the word muppets, it's lame, that show hasn't been on tv for ten years.
    fckin D4

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

D4? A banker,hiding in the basement for fear of arrest over his dealings in the banking crisis,cant go to his daddy for help on this one as daddy has already fled the country. All this might not be true but wtf i felt like posting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Someone who lives in Dublin 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

orourkeda wrote: »
    Someone who lives in Dublin 4
    no sh!t sherlock

with quick thinking like that you could be in charge of anglo irish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

People who act like the characters in the Ross O Carrol Kelly book series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

HH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Fizman wrote: »
    I think Urban Dictionary says it best

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=d4
    D4 is an area in Dublin, called 'dublin 4' but abbreviated to suit the accent of people who live there. People called d4s generally never live in d4, they just like to think they do, and follow the d4 culture.

Whoever wrote that obviously lives in D4 and is passionate about protecting their ****cough**** "culture" (Jaysus I need a shower now)
    Glenster wrote: »

Dude did you miss this from 2009 ?:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

D4 is an area in Dublin, called 'dublin 4' but abbreviated to suit the accent of people who live there. People called d4s generally never live in d4, they just like to think they do, and follow the d4 culture.
    To be a 'd4' you have to wear streaky fake tan, have a completely orange face, have lips the same colour as your foundation, have really messy hair which is made to look like you just shoved it up though actually took you at LEAST twenty minutes to arrange, abercrombie hoodies, airtex tshirts with the collars up or the rugby jersey of your boyfriends school(preferably zaga), fat man pants or cantos, and dubes or uggs, topped off with a louis vuitton or juicy cotoure handbag.
    To be a real d4 girl, you have to 'like' rugby, ie say you like it and go to rugby matches though not understand the rules at all. You only like it because the guys who play it have supposedly 'hott' bodies. If you are a d4 guy, playing rugby and being on the j's is a MUST.
    You also must go to 'the Wezz', a pathetic under 15 disco beside Donnybrook rugby pitch. The only activities that go on there are slut dancing and 'scoring' people.
    d4 person at rugby match:Omfg loik we loik SOOOOOOOOOO have to go to Wezz tonoiysh after the Junior Cup Final cos there'll be loadsa hot rugby players there omg yeah!!!
    Omg I sooooooo don't get this game, they should put the instructions in the manual!!!*looks desperately through programme*

Just had another look at that and it´s surprisingly close to Man United fans.
      Never come from D4 (Man U fans traditionally aren´t from Manchester) Girls pretend tyo like football Hanging out at Wesley

Hmmmm

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Anyone who describes a a ruined night as a "ruiners".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

A consonant in front of a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dublin 16 lad

I live in D16

There is a small estate here that call themselves D4 SQUARED if asked what postal code they live in

The Humanity!

Bonito wrote: »
    A consonant in front of a number.

Did you discover that word in school or while fapping to Countdown? :p

.. like me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

_Bella_ wrote: »
    I've always wondered what features must a person have to be considered a D4. Is it some person who pretends to be rich and snobby and wears brand clothes for the sake of it? Or is it the actual rich people? I'm interested to see your opinions.

Shallow, superficial, rootless people who are the backbone of the readership of The Sunday Independent. Not much substance at all to them.

Not the sort of people you'd find at a trad seisiún, or having down-to-earth chats about real things and real characters in real pubs, or keeping in touch with family in rural Ireland, or interested in the GAA or generally part of Irish Ireland.

Yes, the true Jackeens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Did you discover that word in school or while fapping to Countdown? :p

.. like me.
    Quite the conundrum there isn't it. I believe it was the latter. Oh if only we had the ability to pause live TV while carol was in the prime of it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

The same way I defile anyone - up the bum.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,855 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Rebelheart wrote: »
    Shallow, superficial, rootless people who are the backbone of the readership of The Sunday Independent. Not much substance at all to them.

Not the sort of people you'd find at a trad seisiún, or having down-to-earth chats about real things and real characters in real pubs, or keeping in touch with family in rural Ireland, or interested in the GAA or generally part of Irish Ireland.

Yes, the true Jackeens.

I always thought The Sunday Independent was a bogger paper?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hey venus

tracksuit bottoms and dubarrys omg

Bonito wrote: »
    Oh if only we had the ability to pause live TV while carol was in the prime of it :D

:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭NUIG_FiannaFail

D4's for all their education are usually pig ignorant labour voting champagne sipping 'snobs'.

Advertisement