Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 HSE Ambulance Service Recruitment

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Griffindore

emtally wrote: »
    ok thanks griffindore.
    I'll look out for that. I hope you're right mate. Can you PM me Aisling's number please. I'll give it a few days and if i havent heard anyhting I'll give her a ring...

You'll have to forgive my ignorance but I'm new to boards & forums so I don't know what a pm is or how to do it. I'll gladly give you the info if you get tell me how to pm you! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Does your pack include an interview date ?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭emtally

You'll have to forgive my ignorance but I'm new to boards & forums so I don't know what a pm is or how to do it. I'll gladly give you the info if you get tell me how to pm you! :confused:
    sorry, i'm new to this too, PM means "private message"
    i think you click on private messages at the top right hand corner, where it says "welcome, griffindore"
    if i'm wrong then i'm sure someone will say so...

brianon wrote: »
    Does your pack include an interview date ?
    Your pack includes the following; a 2 page letter with your date, time etc on it and a date by which you MUST confirm your acceptance of the interview. That must be done by 5pm on 3rd Dec. So I would not leave it too long before calling to confirm that you have an interview date, otherwise the date allocated to you will be cancelled. There is the interview preparation pack - this is what has the error with the uneven numbered pages missing. Finally, there is a garda vetting form that needs to be filled in and brought with you to the interview.

sorry, i'm new to this too, PM means "private message"
    i think you click on private messages at the top right hand corner, where it says "welcome, griffindore"
    if i'm wrong then i'm sure someone will say so...
    got that PM fine thanks.
    thanks for the info. really appreciate the help.

• Advertisement

got that PM fine thanks.
    thanks for the info. really appreciate the help.

More than happy to help. We're all in this together, waiting frantically for the news. I just received my email with the information pack, so check and see if you've any news

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

Just got my interview date happy days :) best of luck to everyone hopefully word will come soon

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Sparkey84

Hey guys. I just got an e mail saying that there was pages missing from the interview pack sent out and to use a new attached one. Can't open it where I am did anyone get same? It there somthing new we have to do as well as application form?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Sparkey84

Ok just realised I was no Reading most up to date page of boards, now that I have last question already answered. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 jasonm

Anyone else still waiting to receive a letter??:confused:

• Advertisement

Sorted just phoned the recruitment number and was given my details over the phone all confirmed for 2 weeks time
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

I didn't receive any post or e-mail regarding the interview, but after a quick chat with Manor Hamilton, I got sorted. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ANN NOLAN 2010

Can a person apply for a paramedic job with the HSE with their GCSE. My friend got told she could apply with them and she did and when she did, she got a letter back to say they couldn't except it.
    She is qualified as EMT and has the CD1 and D1 Licence and did an interview prep course so what is the story because i cant understand why 1st they say yes and then they say no.

Hi Ann Nolan
    Did the letter you received say you were refused because the GCSE was not recognised? Did you have enough pass level in the GCSE an include maths and a science subject? Did you get the application in on time back in Sept/Oct? :confused:
    If you have the meet the relevant qualification, then perhaps try calling the recruitment section in Manorhamilton and speaking to one of the staff there. They should be able to shed all the light you need on this. I doubt that there is anything that can be done at this late stage in the recruitment drive as it is now at interview stage. It would have been better to ask these questions as soon as you got the letter after your initial application, at least then, if there was an error in recognising the qualification of GCSE's then you could have gone on to sit the apitiude tests. Not sure if I'm being of any help but best of luck.

Does anyone know how long the interviews are going to go on for and when they anticipate getting the results to us? I assume they would go on for about 2-3 weeks if 200 people are interviewed for 30-40 mins each and there is one panel doing the interviews. Does anyone have an interview date for after x-mas? I take it that we will probably not hear until near the end of January at the earliest :confused:
    I must say the forum is very quiet this week.......are all the heads down preparing for the interview or is everyone tucked up and stranded because of the snow with nothing to report to us all??! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Pebbles!

As Far as I am aware it is 30 -40 minutes but there is more than one interview panel, the interviews are running for one week and the results are out early January.

Pebbles! wrote: »
    As Far as I am aware it is 30 -40 minutes but there is more than one interview panel, the interviews are running for one week and the results are out early January.

Thanks for that Pebbles. I was anticipating an agonising wait for a few weeks. Best of luck to everyone in the interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

I would have imagined that GCSEs do not meet the Leaving Certificate equivalent? I would have thought that GCE A-level or GCE-AS would be required in at least some subjects, as the nearest Irish equivalent to the GCSE award is the Junior Certificate.

You should contact the Admissions Office in UCD to check the equivalency of GCSEs to the Irish LC. At the end of the day it is on an individual case-by-case basis that equivalency of qualifications is based, so whilst she may have been entitled to apply, they may not have been accepted as an equivalent of the LC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Pebbles!

has everybody got their original documents back yet???

Pebbles! wrote: »
    has everybody got their original documents back yet???

I have yet to receive my originals back too.

• Advertisement

A Big GOOD LUCKicon14.gif to everyone for next weeks interviews. Hope it goes well for us all.:rolleyes:

Has anyone been in yet? How was it? (just remember not to post any details)

I'm up tomorrow and am starting to confuse myself with information:confused:

Well I'm out of the interview and can finally breathe. There are several interviews happening at the same time and they will all be finished this week. The interview panel were very nice and made me feel at ease. The 30 minutes fly by but you are talking for the full time. In terms of advice, know your scenarios well and be yourself.
    We will get a letter NEXT WEEK with our order of merit on it and then a letter of offer in January if successful. The medical checks and reference checks will be carried out in Jan & Feb and a course starting in March.
    At least we do not have to wait until after x-mas before knowing the order of merit. It was mildly comforting to see others as nervous as I was today. Good luck for the rest of the week. Please let us all know how you're getting on.

Thanks for the words of advice G.

I'm up tomorrow, cant believe we'll know next week thats very efficent and starting in March woohoo. Lets hope tomorrow goes well

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

jasonm wrote: »

I'm up tomorrow, cant believe we'll know next week thats very efficent and starting in March woohoo. Lets hope tomorrow goes well

starting in march? thats very fast, what about the pannel of guys ahead of you's already? will they not get called for training first?

jasonm wrote: »

Best of Luck I hope it goes very well for you tomorrow and lets cross fingers that we're both successful.

starting in march? thats very fast, what about the pannel of guys ahead of you's already? will they not get called for training first?

Apparantly, the current panel is virtually exhausted so if you get in the top 15-20 in the order of merit, I'd say there's a good chance that you'd get an offer of a place for the March round of 24 trainees. Then if the budget and requirements are there, the next round would be around Sept '11 where another 24 will be selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

sweet! best of luck guys hope it goes well for you!!

Well I'm out of the interview and can finally breathe. There are several interviews happening at the same time and they will all be finished this week. The interview panel were very nice and made me feel at ease. The 30 minutes fly by but you are talking for the full time. In terms of advice, know your scenarios well and be yourself.
    We will get a letter NEXT WEEK with our order of merit on it and then a letter of offer in January if successful. The medical checks and reference checks will be carried out in Jan & Feb and a course starting in March.
    At least we do not have to wait until after x-mas before knowing the order of merit. It was mildly comforting to see others as nervous as I was today. Good luck for the rest of the week. Please let us all know how you're getting on.
    Guys, just note, thats a provisional order of merit, there's always appeals going on and if they're upheld then they'll have an interview too and will be placed in order of their merit.
    Good luck to all...

• Advertisement

Had my interview yesterday morning. The interviewers really do their best to put you at ease and their questions are direct and to the point. I hope it went well but its hard to know. Hopefully we'll know next week. All the best to everyone. Its hard now not havng anything to work towards as its just a waiting game now. Suppose better get ready for Christmas:rolleyes:

Advertisement