Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 HSE Ambulance Service Recruitment

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Gebbo

Ya i agree they put us at ease - i was expecting a right grilling from at least one! i came out of it though feeling like i should have given more additional information that wasnt asked and i had a mental block inside for 1 or 2 of the general questions which of course i knew once i walked out the door,but i guess you'll have that too! not totaly optimistic but still hoping! Do yeah rekon theres results in the coming week so yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 redmonster

Hey everyone!!
    Yeah i had my interview yesterday too.... same as you Gebbo i feel exactly the same, really hope i get it!!! :rolleyes:, The lady said we'd hear next week for definite, relieved its over!
    Anyway good luck to all fingers crossed its good news...............

Ahh at least some1 else is in the same boat as me! Good luck redmonster - heres hoping!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭HighlyCooL

Is this going to be another full week of sitting at the laptop at the front door wanting for word to come! I had the interview on Thursday and they said we would know this week! Does any one know what day? Theres 5 of them and each one as long as the last

i know,must be the longest week ever id say! Put us out of our missery already!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 seangannon

Thanks for all the updates on this i was really worried we would be waiting all over christmas for this.
    however i have heard some very different information about the courses.
    its not 100% but from a good source.
    Firstly they may be taking as many as 120 people onto the next panel. meaning only 80 will fail.
    the courses are February, march, october and november each taking 24 people. first in dublin then balinasloe and again.
    hope this helps people but as for me im still not going to sleep a wink until i hear the results. also your documentation ie lc results should be back by now. i recieved mine on thursday.
    Good luck to everyone involved. maybe ill meet ye in february fingers crossed...

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Hightower21

please god let them get the results in the post yesterday. Waiting for the postman now. hope they dont get the delayed in the post. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gdawg999

Hey Guys,

They told me it would be Tuesday but I've got my post for today and it isn't there. Oh God! Wish I just knew at this stage and got it over and done with. The suspense it killing me!! :confused::confused::confused::confused::eek::eek:

Speaking to Manorhamilton there. They said they are posting the results today so we should have them tomorrow. If we don't have them by Thursday - ring them because they'll be finishing up then for Christmas.

Good luck everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 jasonm

Anyone get their post yet today??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Pebbles!

No! and i have to go to work soon!!! guna be a long day knowing the letter is sitting at home!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Do you reckon they'll be sent by registered post ? Would someone need to be home to sign for it is what I'm wondering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Pebbles!

Nope it should be sent as standard post!

Got mine in this mornings post. It's regular post - brown envelope. I got in. Number 47. Good luck everyone.

Gdawg999 wrote: »
    Got mine in this mornings post. It's regular post - brown envelope. I got in. Number 47. Good luck everyone.

Well done.

Squeeky bum time so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 redpoppy

Postman just arrived !

Got in too, no. 53, wooo-hooooo !!!

Good luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Flaker

Well done everyone so far. I didn't get it and am devastated to tell the truth but that's the way it goes I suppose.

Does any one know if the letters have made it to Dublin! I love this snow but it's wrecking my head I just want my letter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 jasonm

Still waiting in Dublin, the postman who would have been on his bike is walking for the last few days so will be well after lunch before I get them:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 halpers

Does it say how many they're taking onto the panel? I'm in work and won't be home til about nine or ten. Gonna be a long day knowing that letter is at home!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Hightower21

Score. Top Twenty. Well done to those who got "Recommended"
    Sorry about the guys who didnt. there is always next year. by the way it looks they will be looking for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Flaker

Hightower, you have made my day with that remark about another recruitment drive next year! Might just have to give it another go...Well done on your place by the way, bloody brilliant - you can coach me next time!!

Finally the postman arrived. My wife got top 10. Delighted :D

Well done to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 redmonster

Hi and well done to everyone ......... and sorry to those who did'nt get it. I got 65... so happy to get on the panel am over the moon, anymore news on the total amount was it 70? or 120?....

Well done to those who got it and hard luck to those who didnt, id imagine they'll have to recruit again fairly soon like so hang in there and at least ye know the procedure now after this time! Got no.20 on the panal - so happy out. We dont need to reply or anything or to confirm do we? we just sit tight until an actual offer is made now yea?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Tech Dave

redmonster wrote: »
    Hi and well done to everyone ......... and sorry to those who did'nt get it. I got 65... so happy to get on the panel am over the moon, anymore news on the total amount was it 70? or 120?....
    Firstly sorry to the people who didn't get it but it's looking positive for another recruitment especially with the problems of "on call". I came in the 90's if that gives you an idea! any word on class sizes and start dates!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 maltam

Got my letter today, i did very well (top 5) ... I would like to offer my support to those who didnt make it .... This is my third time trying to get on to a panel under the current recruitment style the HSE are using.. before it i made two attempts..

To anyone unlucky - try again ... pm me for help when it comes up again...

To the lucky ones - Enjoy!

And to my family - thats for the support - it paid off this time!

Maltam

Well done to all that got it yesterday was a long day for alot of us! Just collected the post in the 30s on the panel! I'm over the moon!
    For those that didn't get it don't give up! If you want some thing bad enuf keep working at it till you get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 halpers

I made it in the 90's! Does any one know will they definately use the whole panel or will they only keep the panel for a year and start recruitment again??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭eoinor

Made it! Mid 80s. Had to collect it from the sorting office because the post man never made it to my house. Thanks to CM and everyone else for all the help.

eoinor

Advertisement