Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 HSE Ambulance Service Recruitment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭emtally

Sparkey84 wrote: »
    Hiya, I read through the application info, I don't believe they send a confirmation email for post applications, I could be wrong but that was the main reason I emailed mine so as to get a reciept and not be wondering if they recieved it or not.
    i sent mine by post, i had to send originals of my leaving cert and emt cert. They were sent back by registered post, as stated in the candidate info booklet, so i know they have my application.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

emtally wrote: »
    i sent mine by post, i had to send originals of my leaving cert and emt cert. They were sent back by registered post, as stated in the candidate info booklet, so i know they have my application.

hmmm. No sign of them here. When did you post your application and when did you get your certs back ?

brianon wrote: »
    hmmm. No sign of them here. When did you post your application and when did you get your certs back ?
    i sent my application on wed 10th nov. got the certs back 15th or 16th with a compliment slip from the hse. not sure of the exact date i got them back but i was surprised that it was only a couple of days...

10th ! ? Wow. You were on the ball. Cheers for the info. Should get them soon so.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

So with the cut backs just announced what are the chances if any of there being new paramedics trained up over the next two years

• Advertisement

No idea. Not seen much of it. Mentions 10% cut for all new HSE staff though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Griffindore

Is the voluntary redundancy of 3000 HSE staff to make way for the funding of lower paid new staff that is needed to keep the services running & make savings at the same time? Not sure myself. As if the stress levels weren't high enough, trying to prepare for the interview, this is thrown into the bag. :confused:

You got an interview date ?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Those HSE cuts are mostly Admin Staff, the competition will continue to run. It would be late next year anyway before anybody is to start but ye will take at least a 10% pay cut and your pensions will be changed too. Keep the positive thinking lads, there are quite a few paramedics applying to retire and they have to be replaced!

brianon wrote: »
    You got an interview date ?

SORRY didn't mean panic anyone. No I didn't get a date for interview, but I'm not going to leave it until next week to start preparing for it when I can be getting started. I'm not certain that I'll get an interview, just hopeful. We'll all know on Monday if we're successful to the next stage, so best of luck with the results to all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Can anyone recall the starting salary for Paramedics?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Elessar wrote: »

€28000 i think, so that would make it €25200 after the 10% salary cut. Still ok considering that doesnt take into account the shift allowance and over time.

blondie7 wrote: »
    €28000 i think, so that would make it €25200 after the 10% salary cut. Still ok considering that doesnt take into account the shift allowance and over time.
    marvellous...a pay cut before we get anywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

emtally wrote: »
    marvellous...a pay cut before we get anywhere...

Chin up lads, you'll come out with more than you think because of the shift allowance and extended duty (calls that bring you past your finish time)...believe me!

Elessar wrote: »

Point one on the scale ATM is €28275 (basic)

Shift is approx €196 per fortnight.

Cardiac allowance is around €33 a fortnight IIRC

You stay on point one for the first ~10 months of college and placements, and also stay on point one for your intern year. These are fixed term specific purpose training contracts and therefore do not count for increments.

Once successfully qualified (post-intern year), you move to point two on the scale.

Obviously these figures will be changed now with the 10% pay reduction for new PS staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dave36

Coolmoose if you can't answer this maybe somebody else may be able to post reply.

I have ten years service with the hse as support staff. If I was to get a training position would I carry my existing basic salary or would I have to take training salary for two year then carry my years service?

Assume I would not be classed new entrant and have to take 10% cut?

AFAIK, if you resign from your current post the same day or the day before you start training you won't break your service....it's in your interest to clarify this though!

You will have to drop to training salary until qualified from what I remember as these are fixed term contracts and are the same for all trainees, and as far as I know then you can apply for increment recognition/salary matching...your best bet is to talk to HR in your local region, nobody except HR can give you a concrete answer on this...that's if they are even able to at this stage!

I would also assume you would not be classed as new entrant.

Thanks coolmoose as informative as ever. Better not get too far ahead of myself, roll on next week when we see if we get interviews.

dave36 wrote: »
    Thanks coolmoose as informative as ever. Better not get too far ahead of myself, roll on next week when we see if we get interviews.

Good to get these things answered though, you're right to be thinking ahead! Best of luck to all those waiting on letters for interview!

As usual, any questions re: interview I'll do my very best to answer but can't discuss particulars as per the forum charter!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Actual Paramedic

You can keep your service for pension purposes but service will not count and you start at point 1 of the scale.

• Advertisement

actual paramedic,

If that is the case it would be really dissappointing as this would result in a considerable drop in pay. I am actually on the equivelant to the top rate of pay of a paramedic at the moment. I will have to wait and see if I get an interview first and how I do, then can make some phone calls.

thanks for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Actual Paramedic

dave36 wrote: »
    actual paramedic,

If that is the case it would be really dissappointing as this would result in a considerable drop in pay. I am actually on the equivelant to the top rate of pay of a paramedic at the moment. I will have to wait and see if I get an interview first and how I do, then can make some phone calls.

thanks for the replies

I understand that Dave but then you might be top of the scale to transfer over to paramedic rate. What would you do, no increments to move up. They employ you at the lowest rate as it cost them less with you as a student and working up.

Your super-an will continue and you still need 40 yrs service but not 40 in the ambulance service then

Having spoke to a colleague who was in a similar situation, it seems this may be true dave, he applied for increments/salary matching and has had no luck as of yet...

AAhhhhhh!! Finally we here today. I'm sure we'll have to wait until the late afternoon before we're told anything. Good Luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭HighlyCooL

Are the dates not being posted out?

HighlyCooL wrote: »
    Are the dates not being posted out?

I think thats right yeah. Posted today though ? Or to arrive today ?

Sorry for the confusion guys. It is by post we hear today 'cos I just got mine. Thankfully I got through. Anyone else lucky enough to be at home to receive the post???

Sorry for the confusion guys. It is by post we hear today 'cos I just got mine. Thankfully I got through. Anyone else lucky enough to be at home to receive the post???
    was home for the post but no letter...does this mean i wont get an interview?

I doubt it means that you were not successful. I think it is fair to say that some may not be delivered until tomorrow or so. For anybody that has got the information pack or for those that will open it when they get home, there is an error in the pack. We are missing all the uneven numbered pages. I sopke to Aisling in recruitment and they are aware of it and will be sending it to the candidates by email. They are in the process of doing this now. So maybe check your email throughout the day to see if you get it that way.

• Advertisement

I doubt it means that you were not successful. I think it is fair to say that some may not be delivered until tomorrow or so. For anybody that has got the information pack or for those that will open it when they get home, there is an error in the pack. We are missing all the uneven numbered pages. I sopke to Aisling in recruitment and they are aware of it and will be sending it to the candidates by email. They are in the process of doing this now. So maybe check your email throughout the day to see if you get it that way.
    ok thanks griffindore.
    I'll look out for that. I hope you're right mate. Can you PM me Aisling's number please. I'll give it a few days and if i havent heard anyhting I'll give her a ring...

Advertisement