Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John McCririck loses it (against the Irish) on Newstalk

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭SlabMurphy

McCririck is an attention seeker, forget about the clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

:D:D I think its hilarious. I'm not bothered by McCririck's ranting because he's the laughing stock of british television.

Just a silly old man really. You shouldn't take the village idiot so seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 tomhappens

meh. He is an idiot but he was right about a few things. Hanging on to the ideal that the generations from the 50's were hard workers should be a thing of the past. Yes they did build the British motorways and all that.

Most of the current lot are lazy IMO too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

tomhappens wrote: »
    meh. He is an idiot but he was right about a few things. Hanging on to the ideal that the generations from the 50's were hard workers should be a thing of the past. Yes they did build the British motorways and all that.

Most of the current lot are lazy IMO too.

Ara in fairness now they were nothing to write home about in the 50s - despite what any Mayo ganger might tell you on an Irish building site when you're 17 about how hard he worked for "the green Murphy" and McAlpine and - there's always a purpose, isn't there - that you need to work as hard now, today, for him! :)

Chancers and rogues, all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

McCririck is a fool, but we also have plenty of them, which was touched upon about the attitude of alot of Irish people regarding emigrants in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭drumaneen

Rebelheart wrote: »
    Yes, those Irish-born people who fought for the British Empire very much were mercenaries - educate yourself.

So .... every Irishman who ever served or still serves in the Irish Defence Forces was or is also a mercenary? You are agreeing with Edwina?

Geez .... you talk about education (dispair)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭rich1874

El Siglo wrote: »
    Came across this on youtube...

I think i actually like him more after seeing this video. Just walks off with his hands behind his back too, as if his work for the day is done, legendary. And he seems to be wearing some sort of Napoleon costume.

drumaneen wrote: »
    So .... every Irishman who ever served or still serves in the Irish Defence Forces was or is also a mercenary? You are agreeing with Edwina?

Precisely. Of course they are mercenaries of the British crown. This is obvious. They are the modern-day Gall Óglaigh. Edwina Currie was very honest about it. But then again, Drumaneen, as you are a self-confessed member of the Royal British Legion who raises money by selling British poppies, you know I'm not going to subscribe to the myths which you wish to propagate here.

Geez .... you talk about education (dispair)

Oh no - not another one! Her Majesty would not be impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭drumaneen

Her Majesty would not be impressed.

Ahhhh.... I remember you now Rebel .... pointless discussing things with you I'm afraid - case of a closed mind.

Still, very pleased to see that you remembered to capitalise Her Majesty

Ahhhh.... I remember you now Rebel .... pointless discussing things with you I'm afraid - case of a closed mind.

Still, very pleased to see that you remembered to capitalise Her Majesty

Oh yes indeed: you can be absolutely certain that, regardless of their place of birth, I will not be partaking in the glorification of the cowards who fought to defend the British Empire, the powerful, and suppress indigenous populations and freedom fighters across planet earth.

An Irish-born scumbag is still a scumbag. Full stop. That you glorify these people, and raise money on behalf of a far right British nationalist organisation to glorify them, says more than enough about you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Leper

McCririck and his ilk live off this kind of publicity. Ignore the like and they go away. The phrase 'Forgotten, but not Gone' comes to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

rich1874 wrote: »
    I think i actually like him more after seeing this video. Just walks off with his hands behind his back too, as if his work for the day is done, legendary. And he seems to be wearing some sort of Napoleon costume.

It's pretty similar I guess. But not unlike many other suits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

It was just John McCririck doing what John McCririck does. His biggest crime was giving Edwina Currie the opportunity to take the higher moral ground and be the "reasonable" one. Whereas in reality she is a bat out of hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Jonny Mac for president imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

deadhead13 wrote: »
    Whereas in reality she is a bat out of hell.
    Not to worry, the morning is nearly here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

The definition of a mercenary is spelled out within the Geneva Convention. Without that, your whiny, emotionally charged flag-waving is completely useless.

"They're mercenaries! They get money for doing their job!"

Doesn't sound so sharp now, does it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

John McCririck in whoring himself to the media shocker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Leper

Like I said, don't give him the publicity and like Dracula devoid of blood, he will disappear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Anyone just hear that on Channel4?

Jockey Davy Russell seconds after winning the RSA Chase on Michael O'Leary's horse Weapons Amnesty, demanded an apology from McCrirrick about comments he made this morning on the Morning Line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

OutlawPete wrote: »

Jockey Davy Russell seconds after winning the RSA Chase on Michael O'Leary's horse Weapons Amnesty, demanded an apology from McCrirrick about comments he made this morning on the Morning Line.

Or what? He'll bite his ankles?

What has McRirrrick said now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭anto2

LOL! He was just giving his point of view .Irish people have this great need for people to love them .Get over it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Or what? He'll bite his ankles?

He's a jumps jockey, he's most likely taller than you.

Ruby Walsh, Tonly McCoy .. all over 5ft10in.
    What has McRirrrick said now?

The comments were about Brian O'Connell, a jockey.

I didn't hear them myself.
    anto2 wrote: »
    Irish people have this great need for people to love them .

Bigot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Oh yes indeed: you can be absolutely certain that, regardless of their place of birth, I will not be partaking in the glorification of the cowards who fought to defend the British Empire, the powerful, and suppress indigenous populations and freedom fighters across planet earth.

An Irish-born scumbag is still a scumbag. Full stop. That you glorify these people, and raise money on behalf of a far right British nationalist organisation to glorify them, says more than enough about you.

Oh deary me

He's a jumps jockey, he's most likely taller than you.

Ruby Walsh, Tonly McCoy .. all over 5ft10in.

I'm 6ft 2in. (He he, I love the internet)

Wtf is a jump jockey, sounds like an American parachutist.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Wtf is a jump jockey, sounds like an American parachutist.
    Jockeys who race horses over fences (steeplechase) rather than on the flat, or in dressage.

Jockeys who race horses over fences (steeplechase) rather than on the flat, or in dressage.

So they don't jump themselves then. So why do they need to be tall?

JMc was criticising Brian O'Connell's ride on Dunguib apparantly and simply asked if a more experienced jockey would have done better.

Obviously another outrageous attack on the Irish nation by McCrirrick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Teddy Chips

Obviously another outrageous attack on the Irish nation by McCrirrick.
    Correct. The man should be burned alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Chriskavo

I cant stand John McCririck and his unfounded blatantly anti Irish comments were a disgrace. I do however smell a rat with O' Connells riding of Dunguib. He kept this horse out the back for most of the race with the horse going easy on the bridle.Eventually he decides to make his move at the last fence but by then all apparent hope was gone. It strikes me a bit odd that Paddy Power were driving an unbelievable publicity campaign around this horse with their 'banker bet' special. The bet encouraged punters to back any horse other than Dunguib with the promise of your stake back should the horse win with emphasis on the WIN. This horse is head and shoulders above any novice in both Britain and Ireland and their was absolutely no excuse for that horses defeat on Tuesday. All very convenient that O' Connells riding suddenly gets the spotlight and all very convenient that his so called inexperience gets the blame. In my opinion - the jockey was under strict ORDERS NOT TO WIN THE RACE!!! Paddy Power apparently gained 13 million euros as a direct result of that race. I wonder how much the connections and the owners received from Paddy Power little windfall?
    If ever I saw a race fix - that was one all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

Chriskavo wrote: »
    I cant stand John McCririck and his unfounded blatantly anti Irish comments were a disgrace. I do however smell a rat with O' Connells riding of Dunguib. He kept this horse out the back for most of the race with the horse going easy on the bridle.Eventually he decides to make his move at the last fence but by then all apparent hope was gone. It strikes me a bit odd that Paddy Power were driving an unbelievable publicity campaign around this horse with their 'banker bet' special. The bet encouraged punters to back any horse other than Dunguib with the promise of your stake back should the horse win with emphasis on the WIN. This horse is head and shoulders above any novice in both Britain and Ireland and their was absolutely no excuse for that horses defeat on Tuesday. All very convenient that O' Connells riding suddenly gets the spotlight and all very convenient that his so called inexperience gets the blame. In my opinion - the jockey was under strict ORDERS NOT TO WIN THE RACE!!! Paddy Power apparently gained 13 million euros as a direct result of that race. I wonder how much the connections and the owners received from Paddy Power little windfall?
    If ever I saw a race fix - that was one all over.

Or maybe he wasn't as good as people thought and that Paddy Power knew as much. Racehorses are not machines and in such a competitive race as the Supreme Novices there is always a chance that another horse will come out of the pack / get a better run on a given day. He wasn't the only hot favourite to get turned over at Cheltenham last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dublin 16 lad

McCririck is a sensationalist idiot but a lot of what he said was true

Sometimes the truth hurts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement