Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John McCririck loses it (against the Irish) on Newstalk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Riddle101 wrote: »
    John McCririck is proberly the most repulsive man on the planet. His views are outragous, he knows nothing about basic hygiene and more, and is basically a gob****e who just tries to grab attention by making the most insulting remarks he can think of because he obviously knows what he saying is insulting and wrong but wants to stir it a bit. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if this was all an elaborate joke by George Hook and John to cause a reaction because seen as how he's on an Irish radio station and will be at Cheltenham, it would look a tad bit strange to hear someone make those remarks, but then again this is John McCririck so maybe he actually is stating his own opinons of the Irish. Hopefully he get's a lot of sh*t at Cheltenham and stuff thrown at him.

From what I have heard of him in the past he has always been full of praise for the Irish, constantly praising them, which does make these comments strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

John Mc Crirrick The reason were not all fighting is because of the Eurovision

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

It will be interesting to see how he behaves this week in Cheltenham, he is always singing the praises of AP McCoy and Ruby Walsh , I think he may just have gone off on one an regrets in now

I just think of him as the excentric fool on C4 Racing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

He was always a tosser so nothing has changed.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Thanks. That's precisely the link people can hear McCririck on straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Having listened to it, I think its fairly light-hearted. Obviously he has a problem with subsidies and tax breaks from an ideological point of view. He wouldn't be alone in that view.

Well, McCririck is correct about one thing: those Paddies who fought for the British Empire were "mercenaries".(Currie riposte is also correct: "all soldiers are mercenaries")

Did anybody hear Currie at the start of the show talking about how shocked she was when she first met an Irishman in a suit. Ahem - this show has to be taking the piss!

Having listened to it, I think its fairly light-hearted. Obviously he has a problem with subsidies and tax breaks from an ideological point of view. He wouldn't be alone in that view.

And DeValera - he definitely has a problem with DeValera who apparently did something in 1945 that really annoyed him.

You always know they are losing when they bring up that.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

Being the devils advocate here while most of what he said was rubbish I would have to agree with him on anti enlish sentiment, which all plain to see any time England are playing in the world cup etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

lonad wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see how he behaves this week in Cheltenham, he is always singing the praises of AP McCoy and Ruby Walsh , I think he may just have gone off on one an regrets in now

I just think of him as the excentric fool on C4 Racing

I have listen to this again and I have changed my opinion , he is a cnut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Rebelheart wrote: »
    And DeValera - he definitely has a problem with DeValera who apparently did something in 1945 that really annoyed him.

Yeah, but that was directly in response to George talking about the numbers of Irish who fought in WWII.

However, I did think it was bull**** alright when McCririck said we feel guilty about being neutral. I don't think there is any feeling of guilt there at all. Less than 20 years after a war of independence and a civil war, there was no way we were going to be fighting side by side with Britain and welcoming their navy into our ports.

Pocaide wrote: »
    Being the devils advocate here while most of what he said was rubbish I would have to agree with him on anti enlish sentiment, which all plain to see any time England are playing in the world cup etc

Well, as somebody who never watched a soccer match - except in 1988/89/Packie Bonner/Ray Houghton/Ronnie Whelan - the idea of Irish people following British soccer teams and being anti-English is offensive to the mind. It's as if the Irish are a mere region of Britain, rather than a people with their own sports. They do not, after all, follow League of Ireland or Spanish, German or Italian soccer, for instances. They are the last people who should be anti-English.

Too true rebelheart but ask most but not all Liverpool Man utd Chelsea Arsenal etc fans here in Ireland who they will be supporting in the World Cup this summer and the answer 9 times out of ten will be who ever is against England

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I saw him on Tubridy tonight a few years ago, I was surprised at how controversial he was about nearly everything he was asked.

He's an old man, who is well respected in his field, leave him off, he'll die in a few years anyway.

And for not one iota of a second am I an fan of this donkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Too true rebelheart but ask most but not all Liverpool Man utd Chelsea Arsenal etc fans here in Ireland who they will be supporting in the World Cup this summer and the answer 9 times out of ten will be who ever is against England

Sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

I don't know who or what to laugh at more, John McCrirrick, or the basis of this thread; There both sh*te that I could do without.

Dare I ask Minstrel the sigh is for what

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Unless you're after placing a big bet on them to win the match that is. I put a lot of money on England to win one time and jumped up off the chair in the pub when they scored. I got some very, very dodgy looks indeed.

• Advertisement

I don't know who or what to laugh at more, John McCrirrick, or the basis of this thread; There both sh*te that I could do without.

Anybody who takes their nick as a pun on a gossip column by the woeful Terry Keane is in absolutely no position to lecture others on "sh ite".

Lecture others eh, hope this helps you;

I   [ahy] Show IPA pronoun,nominativeI, possessivemy or mine, objectiveme; plural nominativewe, possessiveour or ours, objectiveus; noun,pluralI's.
    –pronoun
    the nominative singular pronoun, used by a speaker in referring to himself or herself.
    –noun
    (used to denote the narrator of a literary work written in the first person singular).

Rebelheart wrote: »
    Anybody who takes their nick as a pun on a gossip column by the woeful Terry Keane is in absolutely no position to lecture others on "sh ite".

Where and when did I say I took my name from a gossip column? It is clear that it is you whom is the one assuming/lecturing others.

Be advised, there is nothing more you can add to our encounter, that will not result in you portraying yourself as a bigger fool, than you have already achieved in doing so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

You're not obliged to read it, are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I actually don't think there is a more revolting, vile looking man on the earth. Ugh. He actually makes the bile rise within me. If I could get my hands on some shears, that would be the end of those awful looking side burns.
    His whole demeanor is so ****ed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭rich1874

I still think he's a legend after his 'Don't Push It!!' outburst at Cheltenham two years ago.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

rich1874 wrote: »
    I still think he's a legend after his 'Don't Push It!!' outburst at Cheltenham two years ago.:D

And he called Caprice .. Caprice Limited :pac:

It is clear it is you whom is the one assuming/lecturing others. Be advised, there is nothing more you can add to our encounter, that will not result in you portraying yourself as a bigger fool, than you have already achieved in doing so.

Come on, horse: everybody knows that 'whom' is only used in the objective form and if you use it in the subjective form it will result in you ... let me see ...'portraying yourself as a bigger fool, than you have already achieved in doing so'?

http://www.oestarapublishing.com/grammar/subob.html: WHO equals HE, and WHOM equals HIM

http://www.grammarbook.com/grammar/whoVwhom.asp

PS: Also avoid using "whilst" instead of "while", "an historic" instead of "a historic" and any other variants of English which you think sound posher but actually are not.

Yours, pedantically...

dlofnep wrote: »
    You're not obliged to read it, are you?

No I am not. However I found the title of the thread misleading. Do you disagree?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Haha, I think Hook is an awful gobshite, but fair play to him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

No I am not. However I found the title of the thread misleading. Do you disagree?.

Why are you still on the thread.

You said you disapproved of it's existence, so why did you even come back for a second read?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement