Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John McCririck loses it (against the Irish) on Newstalk

Options
  • 15-03-2010 7:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭

McCririck is the idiosyncratically dressed guy who comments on horseracing in Britain, this guy.

George Hook decided to get McCririck's views on the Irish, under the subtext that it's Cheltenham week and coming up to Patrick's Day.

Having said a couple of nice things about the Irish at the outset, McCririck went into a rant par excellence about the Irish being the parasites of Britain and other EU countries and how British taxes have done this, that and the other to help the Irish. Oh, and not forgetting the centuries-long Irish campaign of terrorism against Britain. Of course, being English he didn't let us down and managed to bring up a certain condolence in 1945....(being a good English rightwinger, he of course also forgot all the usual things that any good Tory would forget).

Even George Hook spoke up in defence of the Irish and the EU, that other great bogey of those rightwing loolas. Hook spoke about the signs which greeted him when he arrived in England as a 19-year-old. I felt sorry for Edwina Currie having to share the same interview space with him. And I never thought I'd say that about her.

Anyway, great, great radio, even if McCririck did more damage to himself than anybody else. You can hear it here: http://www.newstalk.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Yeah I heard it. Good listening. Edwina seemed mortified. I'm sure we'll hear more about this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

The guy is nothing but a fúcking clown anyway. His views on women are even more scary.. He made a complete idiot of himself on that Big Brother thing a few years ago. He's nothing more than an attention seeker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

The guy is a throw back from the 70s, and he doesn't speak for the whole of the United Kingdom and his racist views don't just stop at the Irish.

But hey, we all know you like a good old "Brits out" rant every now and again so go crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

McCririck's a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

What a cúnt. He can stick his hat up his arse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

But hey, we all know you like a good old "Brits out" rant every now and again so go crazy.

"Brits out" refers to British rule, not British people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I fúcking hate that cúnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Seen him on some Big Brother shite running round in his y-fronts. I'd call him a tool but tools are useful. Idiot of the highest order imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Scarydoll

I can't stand that knob jockey. He makes me physically sick. Can't even watch him on the telly, have to change the station.
    He calls his wife 'Booby' nuff said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

I wonder if this was that prince phillip fella would people be so quick to attack him. He seemed to get a lot of praise for his racist views in that other thread. Anyways they're both pricks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

How dare any fordidner have anything bad to say about this country! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Yeah..well.. he looks like he stinks of cat piss

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Who cares?

He's a racist Z-list 'celebrity'; why should his views matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I'd say you could leave out the bit in brackets in the thread title and still be factually accurate.

I mean, the idiot has appeared on big bother, ffs! How much more proof of brain-deadness and attention seeking do you need ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    I mean, the idiot has appeared on big bother, ffs! How much more proof of brain-deadness and attention seeking do you need ?

He could do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I laughed when McCririck got the pie in the face at a race meeting few years back

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

McCririck = gobshcite.
    I hold his thoughts as valueless as the pope spouting about justice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

brummytom wrote: »
    Who cares?

He's a racist Z-list 'celebrity'; why should his views matter?

Exactly and everything he says is done in his usual characterture of a big loud obnoxious bafoon.

This is his schtick, it's what he does.

Either laugh or ignore him.

I choose to laugh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

I'm feeling sorry for him now!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

OutlawPete wrote: »
    McCririck's an ignorant fucking twat.

fyp:pac:

He'll be chained to Nell, that'll teach him.

• Advertisement

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    I'd say you could leave out the bit in brackets in the thread title and still be factually accurate.

I've never watched Big Brother, or any of the rest of them, Liam. But they all sound dodgy. I find it hard to believe any regulars on Boards have time to watch that old-fashioned contraption named television.

The only thing I ever knew about McCririck was that he was the funny-looking guy on the racing programme. He was, as far as I knew, a light-hearted contributor to sport. Never knew there was this side to the man at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The guy is a throw back from the 70s, and he doesn't speak for the whole of the United Kingdom and his racist views don't just stop at the Irish.
    Have to agree.
    I wonder if this was that prince phillip fella would people be so quick to attack him. He seemed to get a lot of praise for his racist views in that other thread. Anyways they're both pricks.
    His comments don't smack of malice though - in fact they seem quite good-natured. McCririck is just obnoxious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

bonerm wrote: »

As I said, no-one worthwhile or with any self-respect goes on those "reality" shows......

......and it's about time we stopped calling them that, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Why did Georege Hook ask him the question in the first place :confused:

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Why did Georege Hook ask him the question in the first place :confused:

Because Hook is a sh it-stirrer of the highest order?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He's made a massive rod for his own back. Cheltenham starts tomorrow, with 1000s of affluent Irishmen who'll be drinking and gambling all day while he tries to present the racing. I wouldn't be suprised to see a few people offer him a different opinion live on air, whether he wants it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,677 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

He's made a massive rod for his own back. Cheltenham starts tomorrow, with 1000s of affluent Irishmen who'll be drinking and gambling all day while he tries to present the racing. I wouldn't be suprised to see a few people offer him a different opinion live on air, whether he wants it or not.
    He'll call in sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

matt chapman is a better racing pundit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

John McCririck is proberly the most repulsive man on the planet. His views are outragous, he knows nothing about basic hygiene and more, and is basically a gob****e who just tries to grab attention by making the most insulting remarks he can think of because he obviously knows what he saying is insulting and wrong but wants to stir it a bit. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if this was all an elaborate joke by George Hook and John to cause a reaction because seen as how he's on an Irish radio station and will be at Cheltenham, it would look a tad bit strange to hear someone make those remarks, but then again this is John McCririck so maybe he actually is stating his own opinons of the Irish. Hopefully he get's a lot of sh*t at Cheltenham and stuff thrown at him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

scareydoll wrote: »
    I can't stand that knob jockey. He makes me physically sick. Can't even watch him on the telly, have to change the station.
    He calls his wife 'Booby' nuff said.

The fact that he has a wife disturbs me far more than what he said about the Irish.

And yes, I know, everyone deserves love and all that, but everyone also deserves to be married to someone who looks like they wash more frequently than twice a year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement