Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John McCririck loses it (against the Irish) on Newstalk

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

dlofnep wrote: »
    What a cúnt. He can stick his hat up his arse.

I agree, I find it very embarrassing when English people go off on a racist uneducated rant about the Irish. Thank god no one is this country would ever do that about the English.....
    johngalway wrote: »
    Who gives a shît what the British think of us. There are no British jokes like Paddy, Taff, or Jock jokes as they're a bitter little nation who lost an empire through their own short sighted foolishness, just laugh at their reality. That, and all the restless natives followed them home :D

;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

I agree, I find it very embarrassing when English people go off on a racist uneducated rant about the Irish. Thank god no one is this country would ever do that about the English.....

Why are you attempting to qualify one with the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

John McCririck. It must be Cheltenham week. Yes so it is. After that, he'll be forgotten for another 51 weeks.
    I have no problem with the guy, he seems slightly unhinged if anything. What I do have a problem with is the fact that we have to keep dragging him out on TV and Radio shows all the time.

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Why are you attempting to qualify one with the other?

qualify it? no, just put it into perspective. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

qualify it? no, just put it into perspective. :D

You referring to any particular "racist uneducated rant" against English?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

After reading a few posts i was eager to see what was said and chuckle at it lightheartedly as thats the only way we're ever going to move on and while most of it was just over the top rubbish i was a bit disappointed that out of all the contributions the Irish have made in Britain he chose to attack the men who fought and sometimes gave their lives in the British military, everything else i shrugged off, water off a ducks back but that was shameful.

At the end of the day though my feelings are i like a british person until i dont like them and i dont like that guy, not because hes english but because hes an asshole.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    You referring to any particular "racist uneducated rant" against English?

oh Jesus, who woke you up:D try the post I quoted.

it's John Mccrrirrick ffs, he makes a living out of being a Gob****e. for people like him, the only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Rebelheart wrote: »
    You're being far too generous to young Caoimhín. Whether it's his claims about the relatives of Bloody Sunday, the grammar of the Irish language, the agenda of unmarried mothers (all of them), the travelling community (all of them) and much, much else, Kevin Myers has not exactly been an erudite and learned commentator on what he writes about.

A chancer, at best.

It's funny though, it's like when he has nothing to write about he decides to have a go at 1916. But everyone ignores him at this stage. He'll probably come out in support of the paedophile priests just to be controversial

it's John Mccrrirrick ffs, he makes a living out of being a Gob****e. for people like him, the only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about.

That's probably the post you should have opened with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

oh Jesus, who woke you up:D try the post I quoted.

Nah you were taking a dig the way you always do when any thread here has anything to do with the england/Ireland thing.
    Thank god no one is this country would ever do that about the English.....

• Advertisement

tallus wrote: »
    Nah you were taking a dig the way you always do when any thread here has anything to do with the england/Ireland thing.

what are you, an expert on my posts or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Give him a can of Diet Coke. Then maybe he'll go away.

what are you, an expert on my posts or something?

I saw nothing in the post that you originally posted that made any reference to him being British. I hold John McCririck's opinion as a British person in the same regard as I hold Graham Norton's opinion as an Irish person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Jay Walker

johngalway wrote: »
    Who gives a shît what the British think of us. There are no British jokes like Paddy, Taff, or Jock jokes as they're a bitter little nation who lost an empire through their own short sighted foolishness, just laugh at their reality. That, and all the restless natives followed them home :D

Absolute cracker of a post. Best that I have seen in a while. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭rich1874

The best part of the interview was when George Hook cracked under the weight of the one sided criticism (until then he had been quite light hearted about the whole thing) and said in that kind of lippy drawl of his,
    "Just back up the track there for a minute"

I like George Hook.

It was also funny the way Mccririck kept saying 'And i'm sure Edwina will agree...'.

I bet her face looked like this :confused:, whenever he said that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭anto2

He is a charector .( i dont agree with a lot of what he said though ) .I just wish that he was a bit more mancho and gave that curley creep a punch .

anto2 wrote: »
    He is a charector .( i dont agree with a lot of what he said though ) .I just wish that he was a bit more mancho and gave that curley creep a punch .

Didn't he play for Man U? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Came across this on youtube...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Obnoxious imbecile says something obnoxious and ignorant when presented with the opportunity to do so live on radio... SHOCKER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

The next time an immigant or Polish/Eastern European thread pops up perhaps people might remember this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Well, McCririck is correct about one thing: those Paddies who fought for the British Empire were "mercenaries".(Currie riposte is also correct: "all soldiers are mercenaries")

Did anybody hear Currie at the start of the show talking about how shocked she was when she first met an Irishman in a suit. Ahem - this show has to be taking the piss!

No they're not. Educate yourself.
    And DeValera - he definitely has a problem with DeValera who apparently did something in 1945 that really annoyed him.

You always know they are losing when they bring up that.

Condolences to Dr Hempel, the German ambassador to Dublin, on the death of Hitler. A great move to assert his neutrality, but not popular, then or now.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That was Manucho...

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Sprouts

And his tip (if you made it to the end that is) LOST :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

That was honcho

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭drumaneen

bonerm wrote: »
    How dare any fordidner have anything bad to say about this country! :mad:

Geez ... talk a bout a thin skin! Sums us up far too often. Still have lots of growin up 2 do here - we definitely partied and the EU big 3 DID pay!

Personally I loved it ... a wasp at a picnic.

Just seems at the mo we are showing our european partners we really are a shower of gombeens who really aren't capable of good governance - and we keep sending them back to the Dail when they sh1t on us.

McCririck ? Don't shoot the messenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

drumaneen wrote: »
    Geez ... talk a bout a thin skin! Sums us up far too often. Still have lots of growin up 2 do here - we definitely partied and the EU big 3 DID pay!

I would have absolutely no expertise in the Ireland-EU relationship but would it not be a fair assumption that yes we did get money to improve infrastructure in Ireland from Europe but when we became a wealthy country ourselves we returned the favour? Im not saying we paid back all we took but we did at least do our part financially when we were capable of it.

Also i think you missed a slight hint of sarcasm in the quote you used.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭drumaneen

El Siglo wrote: »
    Aidric, brilliant find, I burst my hole laughing at at it!
    I don't mind the brits in general, the best english people are the ones who go out into the world on their own, away from their anglo-centric environment, these are the best, sound out, extremely friendly (the same can be said about any nationality).
    The ones that are dicks (with McCririck being the pinnacle of this) are the ones that live in their bubble, harbour ridiculous ideas of grandeur and the greatness of a non-existent empire.
    On another note regarding jokes, most english people will agree that anyone who tries to crack a joke now about "Paddy the naavy" or "Mick the car bomber" is a fucking cretin with a lizard brain and this is a tiny minority like McCririck, the waste of organs who shouldn't even be on television or radio.

.... I burst my hole laughing at at it too!

I don't mind the Irish in general, the best Irish people are the ones who go out into the world on their own, away from their Erinocentric environment, these are the best, sound out, extremely friendly (the same can't be said about any nationality).
    The ones that are dicks (and You may be the pinnacle of this) are the ones that live in their bubble, harbour ridiculous ideas of grandeur and the greatness of an Ireland that never existed.

On another note regarding jokes, most IRISH people will agree that anyone who tries to crack a joke now about "Paddy the naavy" or "Mick the car bomber" is a fucking cretin with a lizard brain and this is a tiny minority like McCririck, the waste of organs who shouldn't even be on television or radio - almost EVERYONE else thinks its just FUNNY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

The man eats his own snots (I'm sure there's plenty of Big Brother footage still out there), why would anyone want to listen to the shite he talks? He doesn't seem to have a positive thing to say about anything or anyone. He's an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

he is a caricature

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

No they're not. Educate yourself.

Yes, those Irish-born people who fought for the British Empire very much were mercenaries - educate yourself.
    Condolences to Dr Hempel, the German ambassador to Dublin, on the death of Hitler. A great move to assert his neutrality, but not popular, then or now.

In fairness, the British government was collaborating with Hitler - ever hear of appeasement? - for so long they are in no position to suddenly get all moral about a mere diplomatic protocol such as sending a condolence on the death of the same person.

That particular example is the bogeyman of all rightwing British when it comes to Irish government policy during WWII. That you think it has some legitimacy displays a total unawareness of more substantial government actions during the same period. As you might say: 'educate yourself'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement