Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What annoys you while driving our roads

Options
  • 13-03-2010 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

Well I'm sure when I sell my car it won't need the horn replaced, Why?
    I just never have to use it. I live in the Country and driving is a dream.
    But when I go to the City that's when all the trouble starts. Car horn blasting all over the place. Drivers breaking all sorts of rules and people waving fists and shouting at each other. I do be glad when I head back to my quiet part of the World.

What annoys you enough on the road to start blasting and shouting other drivers off it.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

motorways.jpg

That's about it, my blood is already boiling.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

where to start?
    It would be easier to list the few things I like about driving in this country!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

What annoys you enough on the road

That I have to share it with others

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

What annoys you enough on the road to start blasting and shouting other drivers off it.?
    This idea that the horn is for giving out seems to be very common - all it should mean is 'I am here'. For example, I always use the horn if i'm undertaking a car blocking the overtaking lane on a motorway. I don't do this to give out, I do it so that they know that i'm there and don't pick that moment to move back into the driving lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I always wonder why so few drivers use indicators? I mean some people do right hand turns, they're sitting in the middle of the road waiting to go and they still don't indicate!
    That and people who drive in the right hand land of a motorway. On the M50 the left hand lane is always the most empty lane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

Paparazzo wrote: »
    I always wonder why so few drivers use indicators? I mean some people do right hand turns, they're sitting in the middle of the road waiting to go and they still don't indicate!

I think lots of people indicate but mostly when they have already started the turn. What ever happened indicate, brake & then turn... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

People who drive behind you at a distance but with full lights on,I mean if they can see your tailights then surely they must realise that their full beams are blinding you:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭MarkN

Tailgating. Particularly by muppets.

You could be driving a Veyron in this country and you'd still have some d*ck up your bumper because his 1.3 Corolla can keep up with you in stop start traffic :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

But when I go to the City that's when all the trouble starts.
    Funny we Dubs notice that too, when you country drivers come up the trouble starts.
    Not used to high volumes of traffic, no idea where you're going, no lane discipline, changing direction at the last minute with warning. Lights broken or obscured with mud or something brownish... Staring eyes, white knuckles, cricked necks from looking up at all the tall buildings, open mouthed awe at the coloured lights at the junctions... Sheep-dog jumping around mad in the car... Sheer panic when a bus comes near...

Just messing with you lads, you're really great drivers, honest. ;):D

Oh yeah, the scandinavian flick. You don't need to do it when driving along a 2 lane road doing a right hand turn in a micra at 20kph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

Most nissan micra drivers, wtf do they not know those cars can do more than 50kph, and those orange lights on the four corners are used to indicate what direction you are turning.
    Lose the imaginary 40 foot trailer your towing as well, its not necessary to swing right onto the middle of the road before you turn left, unless of course you are pulling the 40 foot trailer.

Well I'm sure when I sell my car it won't need the horn replaced, Why?
    But when I go to the City that's when all the trouble starts. Car horn blasting all over the place. Drivers breaking all sorts of rules and people waving fists and shouting at each other. I do be glad when I head back to my quiet part of the World.

Did you ever drive through a town with mass on? Complete chaos!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Did you ever drive through a town with mass on? Complete chaos!

Haha it's like they just arrive in town and wherever the car comes to a halt they leave it there.:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Fog lights and no fog :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

2 things really drive me up the wall.

1. Tailgating, there's no need, I won't get out of the way or drive faster because your close behind me.
    2. People DRIVING in the fast lane on a motorway.

That's it really

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭MarkN

Bodhan wrote: »
    2. People DRIVING in the fast lane on a motorway.

That's it really

There's no such thing I'm afraid :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

1.tailgating
    2.inabilty to drive properly on the motorway
    3.wonky lights
    4.tailgating with wonky lights

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

THIS......

Micra_2007.jpg

You just know your journey is gonna take longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

1. Idiots.
    2. Roads that are in bits
    3. Twats putting the foot down on back arse roads and driving in the middle of it thinking there'll be nobody coming around the corner.
    4. People who can't use roundabouts properly.
    5. Lazy people who leave the arse or side of the car sticking out on the road when they use on street parking :mad:
    When not driving.
    1. People who "forget" that pedestrians have priority and right of way on a pathway when the driver is pulling on to the road.
    2. People who will park at a petrol pump when the station is packed and wont even be putting petrol in their car but just going in to the shop when there's one literally 100 metres down the road :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 994 Mod ✭✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Using mobile phones, talking or texting.
    Lack of indicators, maybe they think that indicators are switched on automatically.
    Holding up overtaking lanes.
    i could go on and on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

This post has been deleted.

these

seen every single day on the work run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Using mobile phones, talking or texting.
    This one scares me more than annoys me TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The Express

- Norn Iorn reg'd cars parking in disabled bays and generally flouting speed limits once they're in the 'free state' :mad:

- The Cnut that is crawling at 40 in a 60 as they approach a traffic light and then blast off when they see amber, leaving you stuck on the red.

- People that pull out from side roads in front of you as if they are in a rush, and they proceed to crawl.

-Fat auld ones in Cordobas and Lanos': a generalisation, but many appear to be oblivious to everything - including the seatbelt caught in the door, collecting road grime....

-'Pilots': the tool in his leaseplan A4 on your rear bumper, trying to impress the blonde on the passenger seat with his handling of the 'cor'! Lights always on (the car, not the blonde :cool:)

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Carstuck

1. People waiting to get out onto the road and as you get nearer they pull out in front of you.
    2. People who increase speed as you go to pass them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

What annoys me?

every fecker ahead of me on MY road...f off the lot of you and let me get where I want to be.
    Cars in loading bays
    Vans in loading bays that arent loading
    4WDs in loading bays who arent loading
    4WDs in every other situation
    B'stards who dont know how to use a roundabout or how to indicate
    Non-dippers of headlights
    People too lazy to check their lights/install new bulbs
    People driving illegally on L plates
    farmers
    all women drivers
    all men drivers who arent me
    crossing patrol wardens
    traffic wardens
    traffic corps
    Micra drivers (right hand pedal is to go chaps)
    Drivers who havent the courtesy to move over and let faster traffic past
    Drivers who don't thank you when you let them out
    Drivers who don't let you out
    Cyclists with a death wish
    Crows
    Potholes
    Temporary traffic lights badly timed and causing hold ups
    Permanent Traffic lights ditto
    Taxi ranks
    Ice cream vans
    school buses
    dust carts
    Pension day Friday...arrrrgh
    Farmers (yess I know i said it b4, but they REALLY annoy me)
    Tourists
    Locals
    Anyone from Dublin
    No right turn signs (when I want to turn right)
    sleeping policemen
    speed traps
    Zebra crossings
    all other zebras
    unofficial speed cops who do 99km/h in middle of road

Also, people posting who say that there is no such thing as a fast lane or road tax..... i don't care what its called, you know what is meant so why bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Everyday i see it, guys drivin these trucks or tractors, drivin at 50kph on a 100kph road, not bothering to pull in, then when you finally when you do manage to reach a spot to overtake you look to see him on a mobile chatting away. If your job means you are on the roads all of the time, would you not invest in hands free kits? Also how the hell can you hear anyone on the phone when you are driving a tractor?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

motorways.jpg

That's about it, my blood is already boiling.

English people driving badly annoys you?
    :p

Things that annoy me include

People who throw rubbish out the window
    People who will never get out of the way, particularly on roads like the Sallygap, where they're doing about 40 instead of 80 :mad:
    People who don't slow down going through towns

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Young lads driving up your ass especially when they have the same car as you and want to check your car out. This happens when I drive my work car, a crappy old jap import Mitsubishi Lancer. Never happens in the Volvo so it's the cars fault:rolleyes:

No indicating on roundabouts...

People who don't know how to drive around roundabouts and think they have the right away when a car is coming from their right and they beep at ya, Can they possibly get any dumber then that?...:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Young lads in lowered cars swerving everything that resembles a pothole.
    People that use the left lane of the roundabout to take the last exit.
    People that block yellow box junctions.

And most of what everyone else said!

Advertisement