Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Understanding Street Fighter - Tips etc

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

The Hound wrote: »
    Blocking nulifies the option select. So whats wrong with blocking? Do people feel like they have to always press buttons or do dumb s##t on wake up!!?

Blocking? What is this madness?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Azza wrote: »
    Focus dash cancelling also nulifies the option select but still leaves you open for punishement.
    Yes in most cases but not with Akumatongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Blocking nulifies the option select. So whats wrong with blocking? Do people feel like they have to always press buttons or do dumb s##t on wake up!!?

I'm guilty of this :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

preach it brother

leaving yourself open to an option select means you've put yourself in a 50/50, blocking is 100/0 in your favour

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    preach it brother

leaving yourself open to an option select means you've put yourself in a 50/50, blocking is 100/0 in your favour

Throws? But throws are cheap so I guess they don't count.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Orim wrote: »

This is why you try a cr late os tech.

Although, then again, if you consider OSes cheating AND throws to be cheating...

Orim wrote: »

I'm just talking about the actual jumpin attack itself, not the situation afterwards.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Guess the reason people attempt to do reversals on wake up is they fear the 50/50 that comes after blocking the jump in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I'm going to attempt X knowing full well that Y (said OS) puts me in a 50/50 position

Or I can block and as Dreddy said, ultimately leave nothing against me in odds, just by blocking

What comes after is up to you how you deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

Need help with an ibuki combo.. cant find any other help around... its a long combo but damn worth it for stun.. it starts with TC4 Lp,mp,hp..

Combo im lookin for is;

lp,mp,hp,lp,mk,spin kicks,lp,mk,EX neckbreaker

I just cant ever get the LP off of the spin kicks.. Plx help

Spin kick loops are character specific, try it on abel.

Also just TC4 lk spin kicks, lp, mk xx ender is better afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

^^^

true that, Im just gonna stick with TC4,lp,mk neckbreaker, or ex. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭EmSixTeen

One thing I've noticed as (an admittedly bad) Ryu is that he doesn't seem to have any way to just keep constant damage on an opponent. Like, some characters, whoa, once they get in they just eat up my health bar like there's no tomorrow, but I don't really see that with Ryu (or know how to).

I also wonder about what option selects he has.. I can't seem to do the 'Daigo' jump-in HK -> SRK one, and can't really see any others from a bit of searching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ryu has pretty good damage output in my opinion

EmSixTeen wrote: »
    One thing I've noticed as (an admittedly bad) Ryu is that he doesn't seem to have any way to just keep constant damage on an opponent. Like, some characters, whoa, once they get in they just eat up my health bar like there's no tomorrow, but I don't really see that with Ryu (or know how to).

I also wonder about what option selects he has.. I can't seem to do the 'Daigo' jump-in HK -> SRK one, and can't really see any others from a bit of searching.

OS tatsu or sweep to catch backdashes, DP or EX DP generally to beat reversals (character-specific) - pretty much all you need I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭prenelf

The thing I find about ryu is that he's more of an opportunitist when it comes to doing a lot of damage. Especially when you get your opponent in the corner. I try not to go all out and instead just look for a setup. 9 times out of 10 ryus will try to get you with cr.m kick into ex fireball then utlra. Its saved my ass more times then I can count. You could try finishing a combo with a h. tatsu and knock them into the corner and then work from there. If you get an opponent with a forward fierce and have no meter, try to combo off of it with a couple of cr. jabs, its the easist way to do it instead of a dp. Then finish with a cr. fierce into h. tatsu.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Ryu has great damage output. Especially compared to some of the cast. he has great chances to land ultra especially when he has someone cornered and even mid screen. Why cant you land the os? Whats going wrong and who are you trying it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Don't make me hate you, Dreddy.

I was learning it last night, it's a lot easier than I thought. I can't do it nearly as consistently as desk though, maybe 2/3 times out of 10. Then again I'm not using the kara method as I was training it with hawk as I can't select zangief, I might be more consistent using that.

Advertisement