Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Way Relay 12th June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,511 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

4 stars (good)
    In case anyone fancies a run out on Saturday morning, myself and earlyevening are planning a 'recce of Leg1 on Saturday morning, at around 11:30am'ish. Found someone else's 'recce on Garmin Connect.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

4 stars (good)
    I'm sorry in advance team. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

4 stars (good)
    Mithril and I will be recce'ing leg 7, Aughauvanna to Tinahely, this Sunday circa 9-9:30am. Anyone who wants is more than welcome.

Spoiled for choice yis are.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

4 stars (good)
    The WWR is where its at! I'll be happy to do various recces on various legs, but concentrating on leg 5, so I'll try line up some runs with Gohard and anyone else thats interested there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DLoW69

Delighted to be on board! Thanks for the inclusion. I'm really looking forward to it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Husavik

3 stars (average)
    I recce'd the off-road section of leg 4 today. I parked up on the Glenmacnass rd and went down to the wooden bench at the end before returning to where the path meets the Oldbridge public rd. (refuelling as I passed the car) and then back.

I did not time myself because of the splitting up of the leg. In any event I bumped into around 100 secondary school girls along a single file stretch, so I periodically had to stand around while they passed.

Everything went fine but I'm glad I ran it. It's well signposted but just after the footbridge, after a long descent, you are charging up a short hill and could miss the sharp right and go straight ahead. I will re-do it in a couple of weeks from scratch and do a rough time trial.

4 stars (good)
    Good work Husavik, that's the right way to do recce's- get to know every possible wrong turn, then do it again, faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Husavik

3 stars (average)
    Good work Husavik, that's the right way to do recce's- get to know every possible wrong turn, then do it again, faster.

Cheers donothoponpop,

Thanks for those Mapmyrun links but, in case you hadn't noticed, leg 6 is duplicated onto leg 7.

4 stars (good)
    Husavik wrote: »
    Cheers donothoponpop,

Thanks for those Mapmyrun links but, in case you hadn't noticed, leg 6 is duplicated onto leg 7.

Fixed now, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

4 stars (good)
    Fixed now, thanks.

I thought it looked a bit shorter than last year's....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

4 stars (good)
    I plan to hit leg 8, prob next Sunday - start at the finish, run to the start and take it from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DLoW69

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    I plan to hit leg 8, prob next Sunday - start at the finish, run to the start and take it from there.

Hi BB67 - I'd be interested in tagging along for that one. Are you talking Sunday the 9th or Sunday the 16th?

4 stars (good)
    DLoW69 wrote: »
    Hi BB67 - I'd be interested in tagging along for that one. Are you talking Sunday the 9th or Sunday the 16th?

16th - I'll be draggin' my a$$ around the Kildare HM this Sunday.

4 stars (good)
    16th - I'll be draggin' my a$$ around the Kildare HM this Sunday.

Go away out of that.. I expect you to be flying it. Best of luck.

4 stars (good)
    Go away out of that.. I expect you to be flying it. Best of luck.

Are you around on the 16th?

4 stars (good)
    Are you around on the 16th?

Maybe. I'm provisionally lined up to do the tough imra race the previous day. Pencil me in for the moment. I'd like to get you out on a recce of leg 5 at some point so you get more exposure to the WW :) You'd be good at this hill running lark if you gave it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Magnet

4 stars (good)
    Anyone up for a recce of Leg 1+2 or Leg 2+3 in the morning???
    PM me or look into the Bulletin` Boards chat thingy...

4 stars (good)
    Just back from a 10k trot around the roads, quad still a bit tight, but I'm up for a Leg 8 recce on Sunday morning, the earlier the better, happy enough to make it a 20k for anyone that wants to fit in an LSRish.

4 stars (good)
    To all Boards team members- I have posted a thread on the private WWRelay forum: when you have recce'ed your route, post the date over on that thread (or PM me when you've done it, if you don't have access).

Every year the big boys roll out their hotshot road runners: every year we're given an opportunity as they miss turns as the unfamiliar little yellow men pass by in a blaze of road-shoe-rubber. This year I want everyone to know each turn, twist, and topsoil on their leg. Bonus points if you recce more than one leg, in case we have to juggle the team.

4 stars (good)
    Just back from a 10k trot around the roads, quad still a bit tight, but I'm up for a Leg 8 recce on Sunday morning, the earlier the better, happy enough to make it a 20k for anyone that wants to fit in an LSRish.

I presume that 29km (legs 7 and 8) would be a bit too far? If not, let me know and I'll join up with you.

If anyone else is available on Sunday for a leg 7 recce, please let me know as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

4 stars (good)
    I'm not too sure who is doing leg 3 but if they want company and don't mind running slowly they can give me a buzz, nearly sure I remember the route.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭mithril

4 stars (good)
    Daithi BC wrote: »
    If anyone else is available on Sunday for a leg 7 recce, please let me know as well.
    I need to recce leg 7 as well so this suits.
    PM me to organize details.

4 stars (good)
    Anyone interested in doing a recce of leg 5? Slogger Jogger intends running it Thurs evening, is looking for car poolers, easy pace.

(Seems I'm his personal secretary now...;))

4 stars (good)
    I posted this in the private forum, but in case anyone's not able to access it:

Mithril and I are doing a recce of leg 7 this Sunday (23rd). We're meeting in Tinahely at 10am, driving to the start, running the leg (and back to Tinahely), and then driving back to the start to collect the car there. If anyone else would like to join us, you'd be very welcome. We both have a 10k the previous day, so the pace will be nice and relaxed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

4 stars (good)
    Woddle if you can be more than 'nearly sure' about the route I might take you up on that, probably have to be a weekend run for me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

4 stars (good)
    Woddle if you can be more than 'nearly sure' about the route I might take you up on that, probably have to be a weekend run for me though.

I would be 95% sure but I have the route in my garmin so we could follow that, there is a tricky turn on a downhill part, I'm nearly sure I remember where :D
    I'm free to do it pretty much whenever so if I do get it wrong at least you'll have time to do it again. Its 5 miles so we'll probably end up doing 10 to get back to the car.

4 stars (good)
    Myself and gohardorgohome are going to recce leg 5 tomorrow evening. If anyone else is around you're welcome to join us. Figure on meeting at Glenmalure c 6pm and drive one car back to the start at Glendalough.

4 stars (good)
    Might be interested if I can get out of work early tomorrow.
    Where are you planning to park in Glendalough? I would plan to go directly there.

4 stars (good)
    mithril wrote: »
    Might be interested if I can get out of work early tomorrow.
    Where are you planning to park in Glendalough? I would plan to go directly there.

We'll be back in Glendalough at 6.20 if you want to go directly there? Would intend parking in the 1st of the Glendalough car parks, though it just occurs to me that it could close around tea time? We'll probably set out to run around 6.30.. If you don't see us give us a bell. 086 8539554

• Advertisement

4 stars (good)
    I can't imagine a nicer evening for a run around Glendalough but unfortunately I am not going to be able to make it out there in time today.

Advertisement