Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Way Relay 12th June

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

4 stars (good)
    BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    For real?
    Did you tell her there are no toilets en route ;) - but plently of bushes.
    Remember she can't get on the team without a recce :rolleyes:

As real as the day is long.

I doubt she'll be able to recce, but we'll work something out. You can have "guide" runners alongside a leg runner, so maybe we could have 3/4 runners to run alongside for a quarter of the leg each or so?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

4 stars (good)
    hmmm really want to stick my name on that list but not sure if i'll be able to get out there or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

4 stars (good)
    Great news! I received an entry form from Paula, who will be holidaying in the Glenmalure Lodge the weekend of the relay, and wants to get in some altitude training. Welcome on Board Paula!

If I'd known that I wouldn't have turned Haile and Kenenisa away when they asked me if they could be part of the team. I thought we might show them up and didn't want to embarrass them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,511 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

4 stars (good)
    As real as the day is long.

I doubt she'll be able to recce, but we'll work something out. You can have "guide" runners alongside a leg runner, so maybe we could have 3/4 runners to run alongside for a quarter of the leg each or so?
    I don't think it's fair to give her preferential treatment. Just because she currently holds world records for the marathon and 10k, is ranked world number one, and has one of the highest ranked performances ever, doesn't mean that she doesn't have to jump the same fences as the rest of us. All the same, better give her one of the legs that's closer to sea level, where the bushes are more plentiful, and don't expect me to lend her my boards singlet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

4 stars (good)
    I won't be running but would like to offer my services as taxi man and photographer, it was great crack last year, would hate to miss out on the athmosphere just because I can't run

• Advertisement

4 stars (good)
    Woddle wrote: »
    I won't be running but would like to offer my services as taxi man and photographer, it was great crack last year, would hate to miss out on the athmosphere just because I can't run

That's a great offer Woddle, very happy to take you up on that!

4 stars (good)
    Really looking forward to it, first leg is only up the road from me, so whoever is on the first leg is more than welcome to stop into mine for a cup of tea or what have you, you can consider me Mr Flexible

4 stars (good)
    I don't think it's fair to give her preferential treatment.

You're right of course. I'm just after having a frantic exchange of emails with her manager, in which I stressed the fact that Paula will have to do a prior scout of her route. Apparently she has sponsor and family commitments which would will keep her abroad, so I told her to sling her hook, she's off the team.

However, in a remarkable turn of events, Sonia O'Sullivan has agreed to look after and iron our singlets on the day.

4 stars (good)
    Woddle wrote: »
    Really looking forward to it, first leg is only up the road from me, so whoever is on the first leg is more than welcome to stop into mine for a cup of tea or what have you, you can consider me Mr Flexible
    Judging by your list of 'amours' you're very flexible.

4 stars (good)
    Add your name to list to run the WW Relay as part of a Boards team

Hunnymonster (F)
    Magnet (F)
    Slogger Jogger (M40)
    Krusty Clown (M)
    earlyevening (M)
    Daithi BC (M)
    BeepBeep67 (M40)
    donothoponpop (M40)
    GoHardorGoHome (M)
    Husavik (M)
    Mithril (M40)
    mymojo (F)

Just tidying this up after recent April tomfoolery:)

• Advertisement

4 stars (good)

Hunnymonster (F)
    Magnet (F)
    Slogger Jogger (M40)
    Krusty Clown (M)
    earlyevening (M)
    Daithi BC (M)
    BeepBeep67 (M40)
    donothoponpop (M40)
    GoHardorGoHome (M)
    Husavik (M)
    Mithril (M40)
    mymojo (F)
    patrykeith (M)

Another quality addition (no joking this time:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 clonliffe 22

I have done this the last 2 years.In my top 3 races of all time.if the weather is good(unlike last year)it will make a great day out.
    also just a note,the team don't have to be made up of people from the same club!!!;)

4 stars (good)
    also just a note,the team don't have to be made up of people from the same club!!!;)

You're welcome to join us ;)

4 stars (good)
    Eight weeks to go, RD has posted his first instructions http://imra.ie/forum/topic/id/1986/

Looks like it will fill up very fast- so we'll need to get out two teams entered ASAP. I'll sort out some line-ups for the A and B teams over on the "Bulleting Boards" private forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭jlang

I'd love to join in, but I'll be in France on my holliers that week. Good luck, on the day and with getting the teams entered in time!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

Quick question here ... as well as the €15 entry fee per member to the race, am I right in saying that if you're not a member of the IMRA you have to submit an application form and an additional €10?

I just want to make sure our team (not Boards AC related) are getting it right!

Thanks!

4 stars (good)
    The Rook wrote: »
    Quick question here ... as well as the €15 entry fee per member to the race, am I right in saying that if you're not a member of the IMRA you have to submit an application form and an additional €10?

I just want to make sure our team (not Boards AC related) are getting it right!

Thanks!

Anyone who has run with IMRA this year, has already paid their €10 reg fee and filled out a membership form for the year. They will need to pay €15 a head for the relay.

Anyone who has not run with IMRA this year will need to download and fill out a membership form, and send it off to the RD when the team is being entered. They need to pat €15 a head for the relay, they DO NOT need to pay the additional €10 membership fee, and as a bonus they get to be registered with IMRA for the rest of the year (ie, can run in other IMRA races).

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

Excellent news, thanks a million for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

4 stars (good)

Hunnymonster (F)
    Magnet (F)
    Slogger Jogger (M40)
    Krusty Clown (M)
    earlyevening (M)
    Daithi BC (M)
    BeepBeep67 (M40)
    donothoponpop (M40)
    GoHardorGoHome (M)
    Husavik (M)
    Mithril (M40)
    mymojo (F)
    patrykeith (M)
    jeffontour (M)
    May as well, can't be any worse than my two slow legs with a wrong turn in the middle debacle last year!

4 stars (good)
    Provisional teamsheets have been posted for the two Boards teams over on the private forum. Still looking for another F and M40 for the B team.

• Advertisement

4 stars (good)
    Anyone who has run with IMRA this year, has already paid their €10 reg fee and filled out a membership form for the year. They will need to pay €15 a head for the relay.

Anyone who has not run with IMRA this year will need to download and fill out a membership form, and send it off to the RD when the team is being entered. They need to pat €15 a head for the relay, they DO NOT need to pay the additional €10 membership fee, and as a bonus they get to be registered with IMRA for the rest of the year (ie, can run in other IMRA races).

Some of the above information is incorrect, the RD has clarified the situation on the IMRA forum:

"A small point has arisen that needs some clarification.
    All runners in the WWR need to be registered to IMRA for insurance reasons. If not already members for 2010 all this involves is signing a membership form before race day. If runners only intend to run the WWR there is no fee involved.
    However if they later wish to do any other IMRA race they need to take out a paid 2010 membership (€10)"

so the highlighted sentence in my quote above is false.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

4 stars (good)
    I'd expect there to be good interest in this event so the sooner entries are completed and sent to Joe the better.

4 stars (good)
    I'd expect there to be good interest in this event so the sooner entries are completed and sent to Joe the better.

The entry forms for the two teams will be sent tomorrow. I'd appreciate if those who have yet to pay the entry fee send it in to me, via the info on the "Bulletin' Boards" site, cheers.

4 stars (good)
    Boards have two teams entered, we are teams number 11("Surfing Boards") and 12("Boards Stupid"). All Boards team members should have received a PM invite from me to join the Bulletin' Boards private forum, which has links to all the maps, course descriptions, recce info, etc.

With a limit of 30 teams, it looks as though its almost/already half full at this very early stage, so if you're a club or group who want to enter a team, get your skates on.

4 stars (good)
    Boards have two teams entered, we are teams number 11("Surfing Boards") and 12("Boards Stupid"). All Boards team members should have received a PM invite from me to join the Bulletin' Boards private forum, which has links to all the maps, course descriptions, recce info, etc.

With a limit of 30 teams, it looks as though its almost/already half full at this very early stage, so if you're a club or group who want to enter a team, get your skates on.
    Damnit. I really liked Boards Housewives.

4 stars (good)
    Damnit. I really liked Boards Housewives.

Firstly, its sexist towards House Husbands (such as me;)).

Secondly, is it even a common phrase? I think you'd have to set up a forum called Desperate.ie, and then try and mangle "Desperate Housewives" from it. Or set up a TV show called "BH" and take it from there.

Thirdly, everyone knows that your fantasy is a certain Clown running from house to house, satisfying the needs of said bored housewives, while getting lots of training done. Save that energy for the relay:p

4 stars (good)
    Entries dunta. 32 Teams, best of luck to all, lets get some recce's done!

Nabbed from the IMRA site:

TEAM No NAME Team Captain No.
    1 Hollandia 1 Hans Baart 5
    2 Hollandia 2 Hans Baart 6
    3 Flight Club Pearse Carberry 8
    4 Donore Divils Keith Daly 8
    5 Donore Phoenix Keith Daly 8
    6 UCD 22 Mike Long 8
    7 Looking for Jef Oliver 8
    8 Dublin & W MRT David Butler 8
    9 Bravehearts John Rowe 8
    10 Class of '94 Ken Devlin 8
    11 Surfing Boards Paul Joyce 8
    12 Boards Stupid Paul Joyce 8
    13 The Rafters Declan Barrett 8
    14 Super Cru N O'Ceallaig 8
    15 Crusin' Along Emma Boland 8
    16 Blackbird of C O'Ceallaigh 8
    17 The Electrics Mick Byrne 8
    18 Presidents Men Vivian O'Gorman 8
    19 Sportsworld Paul Mitchell 8
    20 Animal Magnet Aidan Coffey 8
    21 SET alight Hazel Thompson 8
    22 The Castle Crew Peter O'Farrell 8
    23 The Pain Train Andy Hayes 8
    24 3ROC Lindie Naughton 8
    25 Action Heroes John Fitzgerald 8
    26 Dunboyne Caroline Reid 8
    27 Team Slow Derek Charles 8
    28 Rathfarnham B John MacEnri 4
    29 MCI R Cinncellagh 8
    30 Where's Patrick R Monahan 8
    31 Black Messiahs Paul Morrissey 6
    32 Desperate Cormac Conroy 8

4 stars (good)
    I just found out that some Boardies can't access the private forum (low post count), so we may as well set this thread on fire, and discuss how best to knobble other teams in the open. Here are the legs and runners so far- this is likely to change a bit.

A Team- "Surfin' Boards"
    Leg 1. Krusty Clown
    2. patrykeith
    3. Hunnymonster (F)
    4. mymojo (F)
    5. Slogger Jogger (M40)
    6. donothoponpop (M40)
    7. Daithi BC
    8. Beepbeep 67 (M40)

B Team- "Boards Stupid"
    Leg 1. earlyevening
    2. Magnet (F)
    3.Racoon Queen (F)
    4. Husavik
    5. GoHardorGoHome
    6. jeffontour
    7. Mithril (M40)
    8. DLoW69 (M40)

• Advertisement

4 stars (good)
    I just found out that some Boardies can't access the private forum (low post count), so we may as well set this thread on fire, and discuss how best to knobble other teams in the open. Here are the legs and runners so far- this is likely to change a bit.

A Team- "Surfin' Boards"
    Leg 1. Krusty Clown
    2. patrykeith
    3. Hunnymonster (F)
    4. mymojo (F)
    5. Slogger Jogger (M40)
    6. donothoponpop (M40)
    7. Daithi BC
    8. Beepbeep 67 (M40)

B Team- "Boards Stupid"
    Leg 1. earlyevening
    2. Magnet (F)
    3.Racoon Queen (F)
    4. Husavik
    5. GoHardorGoHome
    6. jeffontour
    7. Mithril (M40)
    8. DLoW69 (M40)

2 solid teams there, bragging rights will be well earned.

Advertisement