Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 evab101010

No I haven't, we were told. It would take 6 weeks from the interview though so hopefully it'll be fine, just costing a lot considering we haven't been told anything concrete!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 scully789

I know but it's worrying now that other people have already got their locations! i emailed them today saying i'm about to start exams and will be abroad after so I want to get it sorted asap.
    what locations did you put down? :)
    so much to sort out

scully789 wrote: »
    I know but it's worrying now that other people have already got their locations! i emailed them today saying i'm about to start exams and will be abroad after so I want to get it sorted asap.
    what locations did you put down? :)
    so much to sort out

Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah and Arjan, you? So much to sort out is right, gonna head to the DFF tomorrow morning and at the very least get that sorted 😩

I was told in the interview that Dubai is full so I have Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Omen.
    Did they tell you when them documents have to be in by?
    And it is just our leavingcert, degree and transcripts to get stamped?
    I wonder that the story is with our visas :/

I was told in the interview that Dubai is full so I have Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Omen.
    Did they tell you when them documents have to be in by?
    And it is just our leavingcert, degree and transcripts to get stamped?
    I wonder that the story is with our visas :/

No they just said send them ASAP. And I believe so, I'm gonna bring my academic statement rather than the whole transcript unless someone on here advises me otherwise! I don't think they can process our visas til our documents have been processed. The stress

• Advertisement

Oh really?
    Because when I emailed them asking about when they had to be in by they say they would let me know when they are required.. The whole process is just so confusing and unorganized I think

Oh really?
    Because when I emailed them asking about when they had to be in by they say they would let me know when they are required.. The whole process is just so confusing and unorganized I think
    I honestly haven't got a clue I could be completely wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bd_90

Hi guys, currently heading into my third year in Sharjah, you need your leaving cert and degree attested by the department of foreign affairs and the Arab Irish Chamber. I personally went to get mine done I found it easier. You need a full copy of your transcript officially stamped by your university. At the time I didn't have to get mine attested but this has possibly changed as the ministry's of education over here are getting stricter. It's easier get them done at home so whatever you are told to get done do it before you arrive! Also make sure that the degree is in English not Latin! This is all so you can get equivalised in whatever country or emirate you are in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mercek

Nobody mentioned an attested document to me. I was told I need to send a copy of my degree when I get it after graduation in May. My degree will be from the U.S. so I wonder if that makes a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ciaran795

evab101010 wrote: »
    No they just said send them ASAP. And I believe so, I'm gonna bring my academic statement rather than the whole transcript unless someone on here advises me otherwise! I don't think they can process our visas til our documents have been processed. The stress

I'm trying to get this sorted as well. When SABIS emailed me they told me that I needed to get my LC results, university transcripts and a degree letter attested. They then said I would need to get my degree translated, authenticated and attested once I received it. The Arab-Irish Chamber of Commerce have an online system which you can do this with (personal.aicc.ie), although maybe the process might be quicker if you deliver the documents in person. They also offer a service to authenticate the documents for you with the Department of Foreign Affairs prior to getting them attested.

I'm only able to do this with a few documents right now as I haven't graduated yet, but they told me to get moving ASAP as well. I must admit the cost is simply eyewatering to get it all done, especially when I haven't been contacted by a school yet!

• Advertisement

Ciaran795 wrote: »
    I'm trying to get this sorted as well. When SABIS emailed me they told me that I needed to get my LC results, university transcripts and a degree letter attested. They then said I would need to get my degree translated, authenticated and attested once I received it. The Arab-Irish Chamber of Commerce have an online system which you can do this with (personal.aicc.ie), although maybe the process might be quicker if you deliver the documents in person. They also offer a service to authenticate the documents for you with the Department of Foreign Affairs prior to getting them attested.

I'm only able to do this with a few documents right now as I haven't graduated yet, but they told me to get moving ASAP as well. I must admit the cost is simply eyewatering to get it all done, especially when I haven't been contacted by a school yet!

I went to the DFF and Chamber of Commerce this morning, ended up just getting my LC and degree attested and sent to the Embassy as the man in the DFF said my transcripts weren't official documents. So for the 2 pages it was 80 euros in the DFF and 195 in the Irish-Arab Chamber of Commerce 😳 I emailed Sabis asking what the next step is once I get the documents back and was told I'll have to email them to my school once I find out where that is (sometime within the next 2 weeks). So basically I'm praying that once I find out my school, a stamped version of my transcripts will do, if not, at least I'll know for sure I have a job rather than dropping quite so much money for nothing. Time will tell I guess ðŸ˜

Ok got a copy of my semester one exam results stamped although they are not official cause I haven't graduated.
    Will the DFF not attest them? I also got a letter from DCU as I don't have a degree yet will they not attest that either?
    I'm so confused about the whole thing ha! I'm assuming I go to the DFF first then can go to the Irish Arab embassy straight after then just email sabis the docs when I get a school?
    What locations is everyone hoping for ? :)

Ok got a copy of my semester one exam results stamped although they are not official cause I haven't graduated.
    Will the DFF not attest them? I also got a letter from DCU as I don't have a degree yet will they not attest that either?
    I'm so confused about the whole thing ha! I'm assuming I go to the DFF first then can go to the Irish Arab embassy straight after then just email sabis the docs when I get a school?
    What locations is everyone hoping for ? :)

I contacted the Department of Foreign Affairs to try and clarify this. Here's their response:

"If you are authenticating the original certificate issued by a college recognised by the department of education we do not need further stamping before we authenticate, if you are looking for transcripts they should be stamped by the college.

Alternatively if you wish to supply a photo copy of your education document you should go to a solicitor or notary and have this witnessed first."

I know SABIS asked for a 'degree letter' from my university as well, but I wasn't 100% sure what they meant by this. I assumed it was a letter you can recieve between getting your final year exam results and recieving your actual degree partchment (effectively confirming that you had a degree). All I would be able to get for the moment is a letter saying that I was registered in the final year of my course, which I don't think is what they're after?!

I contacted the Department of Foreign Affairs to try and clarify this. Here's their response:

"If you are authenticating the original certificate issued by a college recognised by the department of education we do not need further stamping before we authenticate, if you are looking for transcripts they should be stamped by the college.

Alternatively if you wish to supply a photo copy of your education document you should go to a solicitor or notary and have this witnessed first."

I know SABIS asked for a 'degree letter' from my university as well, but I wasn't 100% sure what they meant by this. I assumed it was a letter you can recieve between getting your final year exam results and recieving your actual degree partchment (effectively confirming that you had a degree). All I would be able to get for the moment is a letter saying that I was registered in the final year of my course, which I don't think is what they're after?!

Ok so I got Khalifa City this morning! I'll paste in exactly what I've been asked to said by the school (I'm sure different places want different things but just for something to go on)

" Passport size photo with white background showing your shoulders and upwards (You need to provide us with 8 recent photos upon arrival)
    · A colored scanned copy of your passport, with expiration greater than 6 months’ time
    · Police clearance not older than 3 months
    · University degree must be in English: Will require to be authenticated by (i) the university , (ii) Ministry of Foreign Affairs (iii) UAE Embassy.
    - University transcripts

Please Place your original Police Clearance, CV, colored scanned copy of passport and attested/stamped, transcripts and your attested original university degree in one folder. "

Well done, was that your first choice?? I'm dying to hear where I got!
    thanks, I'm going into town tomorrow morning to get it all sorted, since i'm still in college the only documents I need attested is my leaving certificate and letter from university once I graduate I will need my official degree and full transcripts attested (They emailed me last week saying that for anyone still in college)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SarLea

Hi, I received an e-mail from HR today offering me Bahrain. This was not on my list of choices at all! Just wondering did anyone else receive a place they did not put down? I don't know what to do now! Has everyone attested their documents? I haven't started that process yet. Can you just go to a solicitor or does it have to be sent to the Department?

SarLea wrote: »
    Hi, I received an e-mail from HR today offering me Bahrain. This was not on my list of choices at all! Just wondering did anyone else receive a place they did not put down? I don't know what to do now! Has everyone attested their documents? I haven't started that process yet. Can you just go to a solicitor or does it have to be sent to the Department?
    I still haven't got an email about my location yet, what were your 4 choices?

I still haven't got an email about my location yet, what were your 4 choices?

My four choices were Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah or Al Ain. I wrote to HR asking them is Bahrain my only option and they haven't replied. The school told me I have until 12 noon to accept the offer. I do not think I will be taking it so I don't know where that leaves me now.

My four choices were Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah or Al Ain. I wrote to HR asking them is Bahrain my only option and they haven't replied. The school told me I have until 12 noon to accept the offer. I do not think I will be taking it so I don't know where that leaves me now.
    That's so ****, I just paid to get my documents stamped in the DFA, I don't think I'm gonna paid more in the Irish Arab embassy until I know my location.
    When did you have your face to face interview?
    Maybe call them in the morning if they don't email back! Let me know what they reply cause I'll be in the same boat I think

That's so ****, I just paid to get my documents stamped in the DFA, I don't think I'm gonna paid more in the Irish Arab embassy until I know my location.
    When did you have your face to face interview?
    Maybe call them in the morning if they don't email back! Let me know what they reply cause I'll be in the same boat I think

Yes, that is why I did not want to pay for my documents until I knew where I would be located. I e-mailed them twice since 9am this morning and no reply. I will ring in the morning if I do not hear anything. It is very frustrating as it seems from previous posts they will not offer me anywhere else. Are you applying for Primary or Secondary teaching? I am secondary. I will post the reply I get from them to let you know.

• Advertisement

When I had my face-to-face interview back in March I was told that people who were applying for SABIS with just a degree (rather than a specific teaching qualification) would not be eligible for Bahrian as they wouldn't be able to get a license to teach there. Do you have a teaching qualification....I'm just wondering as it might be the reason why they offered it to you?

When I had my face-to-face interview back in March I was told that people who were applying for SABIS with just a degree (rather than a specific teaching qualification) would not be eligible for Bahrian as they wouldn't be able to get a license to teach there. Do you have a teaching qualification....I'm just wondering as it might be the reason why they offered it to you?

Oh really? I did not know that. Yes I will be qualified this Summer for Post-Primary. I had my Face-to-face back in March too and they never said anything about it. My interview was with Sean Cooney and I stayed back after the interview to talk to him and he basically re-assured me I would get one of my preferences and that I would be teaching grades 7-12. Did you get offered somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Breifne72

I got an email yesterday to say that I got Sharjah :D so now all the fun with getting my documents attested begins!

Oh really? I did not know that. Yes I will be qualified this Summer for Post-Primary. I had my Face-to-face back in March too and they never said anything about it. My interview was with Sean Cooney and I stayed back after the interview to talk to him and he basically re-assured me I would get one of my preferences and that I would be teaching grades 7-12. Did you get offered somewhere?

Oh maybe that's why you got there, tbh I would email Sean himself explaining the situation and that you were reassured you would get your location and you don't now where to go from here. He told me cause of my degree I would only be teaching primary

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭figrolls123

Anyone else get Dubai Investment Park?? :D

Anyone else get Dubai Investment Park?? :D

I didn't even put down Dubai cause he said its full? Like its so annoying I still don't know I applied in September like haha

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭figrolls123

I didn't even put down Dubai cause he said its full? Like its so annoying I still don't know I applied in September like haha

What's your degree subject?

I got Al Ain this morning, absolutely delighted! Now to sort out everything

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mercek

Scully,

I also will be in Al Ain! Do you know what subject you will be teaching? I am very excited!!

• Advertisement

I got offered Al Ain this morning too, they changed it from Bahrain to there! Are you going accepting it?

Advertisement