Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Babybuff wrote: »
    I need a handywoman with power tools in house.
    This what you had in mind? :p

I'm handy with the old DIY, but I'm also very accident prone, it's a dangerous combo but anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

what if I put out an advertisement in an lgbt rag that offered free cold beers in return for a days work, it would be like a women with power tools party, check shirts compulsory. and I'd get my house sorted at the same time.

FREE BEER, bring your power tools.

there would be no work done but it would make for great television.

If only the universe were so obliging...

EDIT: you want to film them now? This is getting into interesting territory...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I love how that video makes power tools look fun and sexy, until a high powered drill capable of breaking bones slaps you in the face. God, I have quite a few scars from 10 years in the Electrical Biz.

• Advertisement

If only the universe were so obliging...

EDIT: you want to film them now? This is getting into interesting territory...

sorry I've been influenced watching Sarah Beany's nightmare restoration project recently, all I was thinking of was doing a similar project on my home..with a team of burly women with power tools and beer. I can't be held responsible for how my genius ideas might be perceived.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I'd be in my element in a house full of ladies working feverisly on a small DIY project.

don't think RTE would buy it but TV3 might be up for the buzz

waits for tv3 to steal my idea

And wouldnt TV3 enjoy the ratings? One wouldn't want their home full of women fixing the place up.

recessions are the perfect time to have a revamping your house program in the schedule. TV3 reps can contact my agent..or pm me. we can take the beer out if it makes things easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

WOO HOO! I scored myself free tickets to the Ideal Home show in the RDS this weekend! MAJOR brownie points from the girlfriend, SCORE!!!

I'm really beginning to think Babybuff's idea would make a very profitable interior design service...

WOO HOO! I scored myself free tickets to the Ideal Home show in the RDS this weekend! MAJOR brownie points from the girlfriend, SCORE!!!
    I have two family members with business who attend yearly, go check them out. ;) (glass makers and light makers) used to go to it with them for years. It's a great day out, enjoy yourselves.

Just finished painting the hall (looks at watch). Got a deadly blue grey (dove grey) looked much lighter on tin then it does on the walls but it's sweet. Changed all the trim that ran along skirting to white and everything looks nice and sharp. it's a bit wisteria lane but thats not a bad thing. Two rooms down, two(and a half) to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

There hasn't been a post on here in 3 days it seems :O :O
    What is everyone up to?

I had a harsh weekend. I'm not sure how it happened but I woke up in physical pain and turns out one of the guys I was out with has cracked ribs too. I don't really want to know what happened. (but I have a fair idea) Going to give alcohol a wide berth for a while.

actually I feel like I'm spiralling downward into a major depressive episode. I'm doing everything in my power to keep my head above water but I'm tired of trying. I'm not looking for empathy or advice btw, just think I need to acknowledge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogNavigationSearchResultCmd?catalogId=33056&storeId=12555&langId=-1&viewAllFlag=false&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=221095&parent_categoryId=207169&beginIndex=1&pageSize=20

Topman's new "Colonial" range is described as all about making a statement with a melting pot of prints, patterns and textures.

Yeah, definitely writing a letter of complaint.

Idk about you, but I don't think appropriating a ~melting pot~ of cultures by a British high street chain for fashion whims is cool.

folks, I know the beers tend to be a bit hit and miss so I was wondering if anyone would be up for doing something a bit different. I've been looking for things to do to keep myself occupied (and that don't cost a fortune) now that I'm out of work and I was wondering if others might be interested in an occasional hike up a mountain or trekking a Sunday away.

I found this group who organise regular outings and it seems you can just turn up on the day.. and maybe go for a beer afterward. I understand it's not everyones cup of tea but I figured there's no harm in throwing it out there to see if anyone wants to give it a go. (or if anyone is already involved maybe they could drop me a pm?)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

folks, I know the beers tend to be a bit hit and miss so I was wondering if anyone would be up for doing something a bit different. I've been looking for things to do to keep myself occupied (and that don't cost a fortune) now that I'm out of work and I was wondering if others might be interested in an occasional hike up a mountain or trekking a Sunday away.

I found this group who organise regular outings and it seems you can just turn up on the day.. and maybe go for a beer afterward. I understand it's not everyones cup of tea but I figured there's no harm in throwing it out there to see if anyone wants to give it a go. (or if anyone is already involved maybe they could drop me a pm?)

Hey BB just wanted to check, your east coast based? If you were round Galway I would be on for meeting for a coffee or a cycle. (Though I suspect you are much more active than I am and I would struggle to keep up with you.) Help keep your mind of things etc.

• Advertisement

yep, Galway is a bit far away :( might be able to do something when the weather picks up though. I haven't been active for a bit, is why I'm pushing to do something right now, in a bit of a slump..no soccer, no gym and I've been considering doing c25k but just haven't found the motivation to get up and actually do it yet.

yep, Galway is a bit far away :( might be able to do something when the weather picks up though. I haven't been active for a bit, is why I'm pushing to do something right now, in a bit of a slump..no soccer, no gym and I've been considering doing c25k but just haven't found the motivation to get up and actually do it yet.

Thermals, Wet weather trousers & jacket, wooly hat under helmet, gloves and waterproof shoe covers.

Get on the bike. Come see me! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Sometimes the ladies in Running Amach do hikes, they range from strolls to proper mountain things, might be worth a look. They also have 5-a-side soccer all year (summer time it moves to Phoenix Park)...

There was talk on this forum before about a Boards Bi support group being formed in Galway. Thanks to no search function in this forum I cant find it.

Anyone know if its still running or who to contact about it?

Hey how is everyone? Anyone want to vote for me here in the insult thread competition :P

• Registered Users Posts: 41 EmmaAstra

Sometimes the ladies in Running Amach do hikes, they range from strolls to proper mountain things, might be worth a look. They also have 5-a-side soccer all year (summer time it moves to Phoenix Park)...

LOVE Running Amach! I've been to the book club meetings and the board games one as well. They're great for non-drinking activities which is a bonus.
    Must get back to my book then...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭corked

this is so true!

tile--tires-&-testicles_s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I posted a status on facebook about how Enda Kenny refuses to give a straight answer on whether he supports gay marriage or not. This was one of the comments
    if this was coming from any1 else but harriot i wud give a **** but sein as its nt. not 1 **** given. no offence harriot. ur just not believable as a lesbian

It's been hours but I am still so angry right now. Ignoring the fact that I'm bi not gay, what ****ing right does this douchebag have to state whether my sexuality seems genuine? Also how low an opinion of me does he have to think I'd lie. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. He also signed out before I had a chance to reply meaning I didn't even get a the satisfaction of him floundering for a comeback to my response. Such bull****.

He can't even spell...

Some people are a little below par on the intelligence stakes, that reply just says so much about him and nothing at all about you, and most people will see that, don't let it get to you. Unless he's going through puberty I kind of feel sorry for him if I'm honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Oh I know it says so much more about him but ignorance like that seriously pisses me off. As for spelling, he even spelled my name wrong, it was on a status I had commented on multiple times already, it wasn't that hard to check. :P

Advertisement