Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭jd

Marhay70 wrote: »
    There you go. Can't beat the Co. Council for precise approximations.

I guess he didn't know what was in Leo's diary.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭badgerbroc11

A lot of the road markings were finished in the end of the Gorey bypass/start of the Enniscorthy bypass this evening. Getting close now ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I can't see it being ready for Tuesday, I'm glad because I want to be here for the big day ( hopefully it's the 18th) I'm on a few days holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭rekdtangle

Anyone know the distance from exit 25 to the roundabout at Scarawalsh?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

rekdtangle wrote: »
    Anyone know the distance from exit 25 to the roundabout at Scarawalsh?

Roughly 6.5km

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

Roughly 6.5km

A bit less actually.

The realigned route will comprise the provision of approximately 27 km of M11 Mainline, with a standard dual motorway carriageway type. In addition, approximately 8 km of single carriageway will be constructed to bypass Enniscorthy to the west by linking the existing N11 to the existing N30 and also approximately 4 km of dual carriageway link road will connect the existing N11 / N80 junction north of Enniscorthy to the M11 Mainline

MichealD wrote: »
    Roughly 6.5km

A bit less actually.

The realigned route will comprise the provision of approximately 27 km of M11 Mainline, with a standard dual motorway carriageway type. In addition, approximately 8 km of single carriageway will be constructed to bypass Enniscorthy to the west by linking the existing N11 to the existing N30 and also approximately 4 km of dual carriageway link road will connect the existing N11 / N80 junction north of Enniscorthy to the M11 Mainline

Sorry, I read that wrong, my bad.
    I read Scarawalsh as "North Of Oylegate"....

Missed my Weetabix, tbis morning....

Even allowing for the four roundabouts that 12km link from Motorway to the existing N30 with be a good time saving for HGV traffic heading for New Ross/Waterford. Probably do it in 10 minutes driving? At peak times you wouldn't get to the bridges in Enniscorthy from there in 10 minutes.

Long tailbacks at times on the roundabout in Oylegate for last few days. The top course of tarmac being laid. The spliter islands/kerbs still need to go in and signage, line marking etc. I presume crash barriers will be erected on the west side as there is a drop to a drainage lagoon. I see the light standards erected also. Another week should see it substantially completed

• Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Even allowing for the four roundabouts that 12km link from Motorway to the existing N30 with be a good time saving for HGV traffic heading for New Ross/Waterford. Probably do it in 10 minutes driving? At peak times you wouldn't get to the bridges in Enniscorthy from there in 10 minutes.

Long tailbacks at times on the roundabout in Oylegate for last few days. The top course of tarmac being laid. The spliter islands/kerbs still need to go in and signage, line marking etc. I presume crash barriers will be erected on the west side as there is a drop to a drainage lagoon. I see the light standards erected also. Another week should see it substantially completed

Almighty queues at the moment. Well beyond Edermine heading south.

kneemos wrote: »
    Almighty queues at the moment. Well beyond Edermine heading south.

Yep!

About this Alert
    Issued by: Wexford County Council
    Alert Date: 05/07/2019
    MapAlerter Category: Road Alert
    Original SMS Text Message: There are currently Major Delays due to Road Works on the N11 South bound between Enniscorthy and Oilgate. Please use alternative route if possible.
    Additional Information: View on MapAlerter.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Vic_08

That is a route I take regularly, the N30 Link will be a massive improvement. In the car I either use the backroads from the N80 to N30 or go through the outskirts of Enniscorthy over Carley's Bridge, neither is suitable for large vehicles though.

I am not so sure on how much quicker the N30 Link - M11 section will be over the current N11 through Ferns/Camolin once it has been bypassed, particularly for HGVs who cannot go much faster on the DC/Motorway. It looks like it will be at least 3kms longer.

It will be interesting to see what the difference in distance and time is once the scheme is open, I have a feeling I may end up still going through Ferns at least some of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

The m11 exit 25 06/07/19 (pic fb)
    TZ9HkVU.jpg

The blackwater exit on the m11 southbound 06/07/19( pic fb
    66WlP3O.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

I’m very late to this thread!
    Soo looking forward to the Enniscorthy AND New Ross bypasses being opened.
    If Leo is officially opening the M11 one on the 18th, will it be open to regular traffic before that?
    Also looks like the New Ross bypass will be a bit later opening as they’re still working on that bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Petyr Baelish

I went by this morning and the road wasn't open. Other than the man leaning on the shovel who said this would open today?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

I went by this morning and the road wasn't open. Other than the man leaning on the shovel who said this would open today?

It’s opening on the 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Petyr Baelish

marno21 wrote: »
    It’s opening on the 18th

That's what I thought too. Don't know how people are coming up with the 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

The 9th was metioned earlier in the tread.

Also mentioned was Leo et al being in WX on the 18th/19th - and a cut/paste of AA Roadwatch posts which mentioned the 18th/19th...

I was down at Oulart last night, and spoke to a workman near the overbridge west of Enniscorthy, and he said it was opening on the 18th, when Darth Varadkar will be down to open it; no opening before then.

Was a bit gutted...wasted journey down. Haha!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The 9th was on the cards apparently. Moveable feast by the look of it.

http://www.irishmotorwayinfo.com/inex/roads/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

marno21 wrote: »
    The headline of that article says:
    Peak-time savings of 30 minutes predicted on Dublin-Wexford M11 with completion of final stretch
    whereas the first line says:
    Travel times between Dublin and Wexford are set to improve from next week as the last leg of the M11 between Gorey and Enniscorthy is completed.
    Apparently the headline writer didn't even read the first line of the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Is there any time savings going from Rosslare to New Ross with this scheme?

markodaly wrote: »
    None. The New Ross bypass will provide the time savings there, either by removing through traffic from the N25 if going to New Ross, or providing alternative routes depending on which part of New Ross you are going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭badgerbroc11

markodaly wrote: »

The time saving will be of you are going to Waterford. Per the New Ross thread the saving will be 9 minutes although I'd expect much more for peak times

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

9 minutes could have moved you 100m on the riverfront in New Ross on a bad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Vic_08

L1011 wrote: »
    9 minutes could have moved you 100m on the riverfront in New Ross on a bad day.

People who haven't experienced the absolute sh!tshow that is New Ross in the peaks think this bridge is just a little bypass to save a few minutes driving through the town. My record for Waterford to passing the bridge in Ross was just under 70 minutes on a Friday evening, a journey that would take 25 minutes without traffic.

The m11 11/07/19 (pic fb)
    dU2Z7At.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Good to see they still can't spell Oylegate....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Good to see they still can't spell Oylegate....

Spelt both ways

Advertisement