Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

MOD:

I have started a new thread for the discussion of the importance of the N11 and N25 post Brexit here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057706857#

I've moved the posts from here too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Mod: I have deleted off topic posts that are irrelevant to this forum.

If you want to discuss a topic, then open a new thread, but only if it is relevant to Infrastructure or Infrastructure/roads. Also, read the charter.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I drove on the first tiny bit of new road put in place during the Solsboro shut down, no photo unfortunately, as Zerks said earlier it's a very tricky bypass to get pictures of.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jca wrote: »
    I drove on the first tiny bit of new road put in place during the Solsboro shut down, no photo unfortunately, as Zerks said earlier it's a very tricky bypass to get pictures of.

Not much to see there atm,99% of the works are underground.

zerks wrote: »
    Not much to see there atm,99% of the works are underground.

This very short piece of road has a white line and yellow boundary lines too, probably a first for Co. Wexford...

• Advertisement

This very short piece of road has a white line and yellow boundary lines too, probably a first for Co. Wexford...

And it's the smoothest piece of road in that parish.

It looks like the closure of the marshalstown road is going ahead on Monday, there's a huge amount of soil removed on the New Ross side of the road it's really starting to take shape now. Great work going on around Art Butler's old place too. If it ever stops raining in the daytime I'll get a few photos!!

0xk.jpg

0xQ.jpg

Either side of the Marshalstown road,got them earlier before the road is closed and dug out from tomorrow.

An updated picture of the location for the new bridge between Kilcannon and Solsborogh.Works at both sides of the river have gathered pace,I'll try to get nearer at the weekend.

0xm.jpg

Went for a stroll this morning.Pictures taken at Solsborogh.The last one is taken from beside the railway looking across the river.

093.jpg

09u.jpg

09T.jpg

09V.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

A series of photos I took over the past five weeks showing the extent of the earth works at Bessmount where the link road from the M11 crosses the Caim L6124 road near Monart as it heads southwest towards the final N30 roundabout. All the photos taken from the same spot. Thousands of tonnes of muck shifted on this one road crossing. Hard to estimate but the concrete culvert is now covered to a height of 10m or more?? The concrete panels on the right hand side of the final pictute taken yesterday are being erected to form the over pass of this local road.

From memory this short section of bypass/ link road from the roundabouts at N11/N80 at Scarawalsh crosses over or under 6 or 7 local roads. Project seems to have really shifted up a gear with road closures and work on stuctures continuing and changing the landscape around Enniscorthy.

410349.jpg

410350.jpg

410351.jpg

410353.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Middle Man

093.jpg
    That kind of marking would suit a lot of Meath roads - many of which are well surfaced, but lack markings. Anyway, back to topic...

Middle Man wrote: »
    That kind of marking would suit a lot of Meath roads - many of which are well surfaced, but lack markings. Anyway, back to topic...

You're lucky. There's neither markings or surface here in Wexford.

Took a little road trip yesterday. The route is as follows, up the moyne just past the nursing home then down Balorill, turned right up to Kilalligan to where the road is now gone. I then went to Monart east. I tried getting a few at Art Butlers but it was just too busy so I continued on up the road and turned left for Scoby where blasting was done on Monday, I think there was some done before I arrived as I could still smell the explosives. A few little short videos too.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wrkby60tamyidps/AAAnjSYMs2W-s-YPJi0KDi7Ba?dl=0

I hope everyone enjoys them, it was bloody cold and windy but dry for a change.... Well almost I still managed to get a few water spots on the camera lens.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

An updated picture of the location for the new bridge between Kilcannon and Solsborogh.Works at both sides of the river have gathered pace,I'll try to get nearer at the weekend.

0xm.jpg

Cable stay bridge across there no doubt?
    Was further up that road earlier as it happens and they haven't even begun up around the Ferns area.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Took a little road trip yesterday. The route is as follows, up the moyne just past the nursing home then down Balorill, turned right up to Kilalligan to where the road is now gone. I then went to Monart east. I tried getting a few at Art Butlers but it was just too busy so I continued on up the road and turned left for Scoby where blasting was done on Monday, I think there was some done before I arrived as I could still smell the explosives. A few little short videos too.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wrkby60tamyidps/AAAnjSYMs2W-s-YPJi0KDi7Ba?dl=0

I hope everyone enjoys them, it was bloody cold and windy but dry for a change.... Well almost I still managed to get a few water spots on the camera lens.

How many tonnes of soil can that hitachi bucket hold?

vicwatson wrote: »
    How many tonnes of soil can that hitachi bucket hold?

I haven't a notion tbh but it made short work of that section in a little over 4 days.

kneemos wrote: »
    Cable stay bridge across there no doubt?
    Was further up that road earlier as it happens and they haven't even begun up around the Ferns area.

If you get a chance head out around the gap cross where the dual carriageway is crossing, it's absolutely huge. Too busy around there to get a pic, I'll wait until the evenings are a bit brighter and they're finished for the day to get a few pics.

Pile driving starting at Solsborogh.

0BF.jpg

Pile driving starting at Solsborogh.

0BF.jpg

They must be finished pile driving in kiltrea, I know the guy doing that, he says there's hundreds to be done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Is there an overpass planned for Scarwalsh?,they have fairly substantial looking hole borers parked up out there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Middle Man

kneemos wrote: »
    Is there an overpass planned for Scarwalsh?,they have fairly substantial looking hole borers parked up out there.

AFAIK, at-grade twin roundabouts are planned there - I think the northern one will take existing N80, existing N11 (towards Ferns) and N80 Link (to new M11) while the southern one will take the new N30 bypass, existing N11 (towards Enniscorthy) and former N11 route (bypassed in the 1990's).

Pile driving at the other side of the Slaney and earth moving taking place.They really are lucky with the weather.I've seen that area where the piledriver is situated under 5 feet or more of water when the river floods.

Pic quality isn't brilliant as I just managed to get a quick snap.I'll get closer at the weekend hopefully.

0Br.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

I took a couple of pics at the old Art Butler site past Monart today .

412121.jpg

412122.jpg

412123.jpg

412124.jpg

412125.jpg

It'll take a bit of getting used to , driving under the new road when it's finished .

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

One more .

412126.jpg

:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Wow, it looks so dry down in Wexford, not like the rest of the country today!

spacetweek wrote: »
    Wow, it looks so dry down in Wexford, not like the rest of the country today!

Very little rain, a slight drizzle in the afternoon and that was all we got.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Several off topic posts deleted.
    Back to M11 everyone!
    This thread is shifting up a gear recently as work progresses so let's keep it professional.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Mod: I've edited the title to encourage posters to keep on topic. Thank you.

Sam

• Advertisement

It really is starting to take shape now. When the clocks go forward there should be more opportunities to get good photos, saying that, the security guys are rude enough to anorak people.

Advertisement