Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 viper87

They are going to have two roundabouts here...which will be as bad as the current layout. The current roundabout will remain and will be the start of the N80 dual carridgeway. The second roundabout will be right beside it (on the Enniscorthy side) and be the junction of the current N11, N30 and the old dublin road!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

viper87 wrote: »
    They are going to have two roundabouts here...which will be as bad as the current layout. The current roundabout will remain and will be the start of the N80 dual carridgeway. The second roundabout will be right beside it (on the Enniscorthy side) and be the junction of the current N11, N30 and the old dublin road!

Lovely!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Any up to date maps of junctions roundabouts etc for the whole project ??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭josip

If going to New Ross from Dublin at quiet time, does anyone have an opinion on whether it will be just as fast to get off at the Tomnafunshoge roundabout and come through town and the existing N30 or to follow the new N30 mainline from Ballydawmore?

What will be the speed limit on the new N30 section? 100 or 80?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

josip wrote: »
    If going to New Ross from Dublin at quiet time, does anyone have an opinion on whether it will be just as fast to get off at the Tomnafunshoge roundabout and come through town and the existing N30 or to follow the new N30 mainline from Ballydawmore?

Follow the new road I'd imagine. Like all new roads, after a few days the old routes are quickly forgotten. The distance from ballydawmore to Scarawalsh may seem a lot at the moment but when you're cruising at 120 km/h, see your exit for New Ross, before you know it you'll be driving past Jim Philipins wondering how it happened so quickly. Every time I drive down the M11 I always say to myself I'll turn off to drive past Jack White's for nostalgia and never do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,418 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

josip wrote: »

You'd be at the end of the new N30 stretch by the time You'd get to Enniscorthy the other way I'd say. Only four or five kilometres at most at a guess .

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭IsaBrown

jca wrote: »
    Follow the new road I'd imagine. Like all new roads, after a few days the old routes are quickly forgotten. The distance from ballydawmore to Scarawalsh may seem a lot at the moment but when you're cruising at 120 km/h, see your exit for New Ross, before you know it you'll be driving past Jim Philipins wondering how it happened so quickly. Every time I drive down the M11 I always say to myself I'll turn off to drive past Jack White's for nostalgia and never do it.

Agree, I always drive past exit 23 (Ballycanew) on way home. Cruising @ 120kph, doesn't make sense to exit to an 80kph winding rural road. It's an extra 5k distance for me but time wise no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It's funny coming down the M11 past Gorey and have people tear past you even though you are doing 120kph then you catch up with them further on as they crawl along the N road,its as if not driving on a motorway turns them into nervous wrecks.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

A quick pic from earlier today , at the old Art Butler's site .

The capping is complete on one side , and progressing well on the other side .

414214.jpg

Uploaded from my phone , hope it shows ok.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Few snaps:

WEB.png

N80.png

WEB-PICTURE.png

They are going down some serious depth with those piles by the Slaney.The crane lifting in the steel was up to it's max when putting them in place.

zerks wrote: »
    They are going down some serious depth with those piles by the Slaney.The crane lifting in the steel was up to it's max when putting them in place.

They'd need to too, it's nothing but marshland all around there.

ninja 12 wrote: »
    A quick pic from earlier today , at the old Art Butler's site .

The capping is complete on one side , and progressing well on the other side .

414214.jpg

Uploaded from my phone , hope it shows ok.

Nice pic. Weren't they clever to pick a place where the road is rising slightly to cross, no fear of water lying there undermining the structure.

They'd need to too, it's nothing but marshland all around there.

I've seen the train tracks there under water when the Slaney floods.The field at the other side is a flood plain.Great drainage on that side though.
    Does anybody know what kind of bridge is planned for there?

The amount of fly tipping by the public near the site is getting worse

I was talking to one of the guys doing the pile driving for Murphy he was saying they're way ahead of schedule the ground was a lot easier than they thought and they flew through it. The rock at Art Butlers was surprisingly difficult being very hard in places.

zerks wrote: »
    I've seen the train tracks there under water when the Slaney floods.The field at the other side is a flood plain.Great drainage on that side though.
    Does anybody know what kind of bridge is planned for there?

If they are piling both sides the bridge, it's going to be a substantial concrete bridge. It would be nice to see a cable stayed or arch bridge here

viper87 wrote: »
    The amount of fly tipping by the public near the site is getting worse

It's a scourge around the area,sure as soon as they even began clearing a few entrances the cnuts started dumping rubbish at them.
    Work near Oylegate is right down beside the existing N11 now.The dry weather is helping speed things up.

Monageer road @ Tomsollagh closed now.M11 Mainline is crossing there.

Work on the N30 section from behind the site compound all the way to Monart is picking up pace again.

• Advertisement

They're doing a 13 hour day 7-8 and 8-4:30 on Saturday while the weather is good. If the weather turns bad it's back to normal hours.

They're doing a 13 hour day 7-8 and 8-4:30 on Saturday while the weather is good. If the weather turns bad it's back to normal hours.

So they're ok for this week so?
    http://www.bbc.com/weather/2960992

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Landowners got a letter to say they could be working up to 10pm! I've heard they're way ahead of schedule overall I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Reuben1210

daraghwal wrote: »
    Landowners got a letter to say they could be working up to 10pm! I've heard they're way ahead of schedule overall I think.

Some Early - finish bonuses in sight so!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Reuben1210 wrote: »
    Some Early - finish bonuses in sight so!:)

That could change completely if there's a bad winter or something like that. They are ahead due to the relatively good weather since they started earthworks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Viper: Concrete bridge with multiple flood relief culverts on the western side as far as I am aware.

daraghwal wrote: »
    That could change completely if there's a bad winter or something like that. They are ahead due to the relatively good weather since they started earthworks.

But once they get past the earthworks part are they less impacted by bad weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Stop/Go at Scarawalsh according to the radio today

vicwatson wrote: »
    Stop/Go at Scarawalsh according to the radio today

Just resurfacing works on the road,part of a few areas being done on behalf of the council. I wouldn't mind but I that stretch was done not so long ago.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I really wish we could get more pics of the progress of this scheme, like on the M17 thread.

Advertisement