Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Can anybody get pics from the Gorey/Clogh side of the bypass,a lot of work taking place up there too where it's tying in with the existing M11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I went to courtown via the back road first turn right after Camolin, there's plenty of work going on but it was too dark for pics, there's a structure similar to what's out in Art Butler's. It's nearly impossible to get pics at the start of the bypass, there's nowhere to park for starters and the area is very busy too.

More road closures from 1 April to October at Templescoby near Monart.BAM are to build a temporary access road.
    The road from Bellfield all the way to the new Milehouse interchange is to be strengthened and resurfaced.(Hopefully a better job will be done compared to before when the new surface sank with the first heavy rain)

New piece of road opened at the gap cross!! The sharp bend is no more.. I got good pics up past Camolin and to keep zerks happy I risked parking on the hard shoulder right where the new bypass starts and got a few there too, unfortunately it clouded over as I took them but they aren't too bad. Dropbox is being a pain in the nuts as usual, does anyone have suggestions how I can share these pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

jca wrote: »
    New piece of road opened at the gap cross!! The sharp bend is no more.. I got good pics up past Camolin and to keep zerks happy I risked parking on the hard shoulder right where the new bypass starts and got a few there too, unfortunately it clouded over as I took them but they aren't too bad. Dropbox is being a pain in the nuts as usual, does anyone have suggestions how I can share these pics?
    Do you have account on flickr? It is free image hosting service. You can then share links to the images on most websites and forums

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

photobox or imgur

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Or just attach them to the boards.ie post. Ensures longevity in case they're taken down from te image hosting site

Right, I think I have them up and running on Flickr. I turned right at the Dublin end of Camolin, thats where the structure is being built. I parked further in along that road and walked back to where the road crosses the railway line, those are the pics looking back in the Gorey direction. I then went up the Gorey bypass and came back down to get pics of the starting point ( the pics with the guard rail). On my way back I turned left in Ferns expecting great things but very little action around the Harrow. I then came up to the cross for Lawson House and turned back for Enniscorthy ( the ones with the traffic light) that's all changed today, these boys aren't hanging around, that's for sure.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/149051996@N08/shares/M427TJ

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Reuben1210

Right, I think I have them up and running on Flickr. I turned right at the Dublin end of Camolin, thats where the structure is being built. I parked further in along that road and walked back to where the road crosses the railway line, those are the pics looking back in the Gorey direction. I then went up the Gorey bypass and came back down to get pics of the starting point ( the pics with the guard rail). On my way back I turned left in Ferns expecting great things but very little action around the Harrow. I then came up to the cross for Lawson House and turned back for Enniscorthy ( the ones with the traffic light) that's all changed today, these boys aren't hanging around, that's for sure.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/149051996@N08/shares/M427TJ

Some great photos Jca! I don't know if your camera has GPS built in, but if it does, try to activate it, as flickr can then show us under each photo on a map where exactly they are.
    If not, oh well, some of those photos are great, and thanks for sharing!:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Excellent work jca, those are great photos.

• Advertisement

I took those with my phone a oneplus 3T. The ones I took around Scoby/Monart were on my now ancient Polaroid camera, no fancy location WiFi etc but a decent pic nonetheless. I'm glad people are enjoying them. The work is progressing so quickly it's hard to keep up with them.

I took the back road from Ferns to Ballycanew on Friday,time constraints meant I couldn't stop to take pics but they are flying along at the construction there.It looked like mypex was already being laid along one section.
    Thanks to JCA for the pics.I use img.ie to upload my pics before posting them here.

Topsoiling done on the embankments on some of the N30 section.

zerks wrote: »
    Topsoiling done on the embankments on some of the N30 section.

I noticed that, they seem to have arrived at the required level at many sections especially around the Moyne balyorrill area.

When will the next newsletter be out for this? Would be great to get some drone footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

A quick photo taken just now at Art Butlers old place .
    I wasn't driving , I was in the passenger seat .

Hope it works OK , I'm on my phone.

413161.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25 viper87

There seems to be alot of precast box units heading South from Crane substation over the last week. Someone said there is a huge amount of work going on at the M11/N80 interchange between Crane Rd. and Corbally Rd. It's a bit out of the way to go down for a look

• Registered Users Posts: 20,418 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The road to Glenbrien has been closed off here to presumably prevent having to build two underpasses/overpasses. Access is via the road south and back around to the main Glenbrien Rd. County Wexford

https://goo.gl/maps/zAQXz3AfLpT2

It looks like there will be an overbridge here on the Glenbrien Rd. only. The smaller road will diverted onto the Glenbrien Rd, This link road is already built

viper87 wrote: »
    It looks like there will be an overbridge here on the Glenbrien Rd. only. The smaller road will diverted onto the Glenbrien Rd, This link road is already built

Maybe that's it. Passed by the other day and was trying to figure the plan. There aren't any houses on the main road so I presumed it would be disused.

• Advertisement

viper87 wrote: »

That link road is lethal, it's as slippy as fcuk. I was behind a well known taxi company's rear wheel drive transit and the thing was sliding all over the place. I was laughing until it started happening to me, good job I was wearing the brown trousers...

kneemos wrote: »
    The road to Glenbrien has been closed off here to presumably prevent having to build two underpasses/overpasses. Access is via the road south and back around to the main Glenbrien Rd. County Wexford

https://goo.gl/maps/zAQXz3AfLpT2

Here's a pic of the works at that location,tried to get one of the new bit of road but nearly got taken out of it with a car.(Was it you jca?) :pac:

0Qz.jpg

Here's a pic of the works at that location,tried to get one of the new bit of road but nearly got taken out of it with a car.(Was it you jca?) :pac:

0Qz.jpg

Nah it wasn't me... With it drying up again I'll take an afternoon drive and try and get a few pics.

Funding available and gone to tender for resurfacing of the existing N11 between Scarawalsh and Ferns and along the Oylegate stretch. Work to be done this year.I find this gas as anyone who drives this road knows it's in good condition, even cyclists like it.Scarawalsh was resurfaced in the last year or so.

Funding available and gone to tender for resurfacing of the existing N11 between Scarawalsh and Ferns and along the Oylegate stretch. Work to be done this year.I find this gas as anyone who drives this road knows it's in good condition, even cyclists like it.Scarawalsh was resurfaced in the last year or so.

Think they're about to start on it,have signs up for something anyway.

It's an old road in fairness. Wouldn't complain about it getting a resurface as once it passes into council hands after the bypass open it probably won't ever get another one.

kneemos wrote: »
    Think they're about to start on it,have signs up for something anyway.

It's an old road in fairness. Wouldn't complain about it getting a resurface as once it passes into council hands after the bypass open it probably won't ever get another one.

A lovely new surface that the council will probably reduce to 80kph and have it haunted by speed vans.

Back on topic,the piledriving is still ongoing at Solsborogh with work going on from 7am to 8pm most days.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The Council likely want it surfaced by TII before TII hand it over to them in 2019 and the it's their responsibility to pay for the resurfacing

The signs at the Scarawalsh roundabout are for the bridge repair works on the existing slaney bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Anyone know if the old Dublin Road exit at Scarawalsh will remain as is or will be moved and integrated into the roundabout? It's a nightmare to turn right from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Anyone know if the old Dublin Road exit at Scarawalsh will remain as is or will be moved and integrated into the roundabout? It's a nightmare to turn right from it.

Integrated

EDIT: Didn't read your question right. It will change but not sure if integrated into it

Advertisement