Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live 1 month for €1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

You may of gotten 4 months but you will loose your GamerTag and game score.

*New members only. Valid e-mail address required. Gift will be sent to the e-mail address provided within 14 days after registration is complete. Microsoft is not responsible for any errors that result in misdirected or non-delivered gifts.
    jamescd wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I don't see it mentioned anywhere that you have to be a new member?
    *To qualify for this offer, you must purchase a one month LIVE Gold subscription from one of the links in this email between 9am GMT, 21 June 2011 and 11.59pm GMT, 27 June 2011. After the promotional 1 month, your membership will automatically renew to a one month membership at the then-current price unless you change your renewal or cancel before your membership ends. You may choose to change your renewal options by contacting the customer service team via http://www.xbox.com/support. Offer not valid for membership cards bought via retail. Pricing details can be viewed in the Account Management area of your gamer profile. This offer expires 11.59pm GMT, 27 June 2011. Not combinable with other Microsoft offers.

If you do not wish to receive marketing emails from Xbox, please update your contact preferences on My Xbox or reply to this email with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line. We will promptly update your contact preferences; however, please be aware that it may take up to 10 days before your preferences are reflected in our system. You may still receive previously initiated promotional communications from Xbox during that time.

Also unlikely that they'll delete your gamertag, there have been several other deals recently along these lines, and I haven't heard of anyone getting into trouble over them.

Edit: No mention of only valid for new users at the purchase screen either.
    Buy a discounted 1-month Gold membership today for only €1.00 VAT Included! You may cancel at any time. For information about cancelling your membership, call 1 800 509 186 or go to www.xbox.com/live/accounts. After 1 month, your membership will automatically continue and renew to a monthly membership at the then current price (prices subject to change), unless you cancel before your membership period ends. As a Gold member, play games online with friends and enjoy Gold-only discounts. Watch blockbuster movies and videos from Sky* on Xbox LIVE. Connect with friends and family through Facebook, Twitter, and Video Kinect – right from your TV! (Additional subscription required; see xbox.com/live)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Yeah there was a similar one posted here last month iirc. I managed to get 5 months out of that for €1 a month as well and my account hasn't been banned/deleted yet.

I'll let ya'll know if my account gets banned/deleted in the next few days :p

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Glenn220390

no what you do is sign into your xbox accout first then click the link in this forum and then it will allow you to keep adding 1 months to the same account

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ajc100

Done and done... 2 Kids set up for the rest of the year.

Thanks OP.

• Advertisement

I had a conversation vith xbox support on twitter about this offer. I signed up to it a couple of times. They say you shouldn't be able to use this offer multiple times...

Also mentioned something about "not recommend breaking terms of use", which I think was just trying to scare me from using the offer multiple times.

Nice find OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭God Father

I had a conversation vith xbox support on twitter about this offer. I signed up to it a couple of times. They say you shouldn't be able to use this offer multiple times...

Also mentioned something about "not recommend breaking terms of use", which I think was just trying to scare me from using the offer multiple times.

Nice find OP!

Oh yeah, that's it, bring it to their attention :rolleyes:

Even after bringing it to their attention, I still got the deal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 NoRegrets

Nice find OP!

Why would you do this???

Thanks op, after last months glitch and this one im signed up till 2013 haha.

Happy gaming :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Why would you loose your gamertag and GS?? I got the email to my email address that I have used for 4 -5 years for my Gamertag on xbox live, so I dont get how this could cause you to loose your tag and GS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I only managed to get 4 months using my prepaid mastercard, but also got a further 12 months using PayPal. 16 months for €16. Happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

nice one, between this one and the last, 12 months for €12... cant argue with that... thanks..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Got about 12 months more out of them, which is good enough for me. Cheers, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Nice find OP!

anyone else get this now?

Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened.

It appears you've found a glitch in the system.

:mad::mad:

Even after bringing it to their attention, I still got the deal...

Obviously you did. The guy on twitter hasn't got a big red button to shut down the offer. However we don't want to bring it to their attention and have him pass it along the line so that it gets patched up, now do we.

quarryman wrote: »
    anyone else get this now?

:mad::mad:

Thats all im getting aswell. And i didnt get to buy any months yet :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I got that glitch message every single time. It still went through.

I got that glitch message every single time. It still went through.

How can it go through, im getting it before I select a payment method... in fact on the payment method page.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

God Father wrote: »
    How can it go through, im getting it before I select a payment method... in fact on the payment method page.

yeah i'm getting this now:

This action cannot be performed at this time. Please try again later. For more information, go to http://www.xbox.com/support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

I got charged a Euro on my Paypal and then I got refunded immediately.

I'm still a gold member on their site though! :D

Now, how do I remove my paypal as a payment method?

• Advertisement

Its still working for me, im using paypal.

Got another 9 months using paypal before getting the message ''This action cannot be performed at this time. Please try again later.''

12 in total 3 from my debit card and 9 from paypal very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

and i went and bought a one months prescription for 10 euro!!!!
    ill be doing this as many times as i can

remember this ends 27th june!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

im...LOST wrote: »
    Now, how do I remove my paypal as a payment method?

How?

It's saying I can't remove it because it's being in use...

God Father wrote: »

Did you get it to work?

When it says ''your name'' you've purchased a gold 1 month for €1 dont click next, just go back and click the tab that the op linked to and rinse and repeat.

NoRegrets wrote: »
    Did you get it to work?

When it says ''your name'' you've purchased a gold 1 month for €1 dont click next, just go back and click the tab that the op linked to and rinse and repeat.

No. I can't pay even for one. It goes to a summary page with €1 gold membership selected, hit next and error.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

I got one month, now I'm getting
    Registration Closed

This offer is no longer available.
    :(

Damn it looks like microsoft got wide to it, its no saying ''Registration Closed''
    im...LOST wrote: »
    How?

It's saying I can't remove it because it's being in use...

Do it via your Paypal account, you can cancel the agreement, NOT via the Xbox account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Expired

NoRegrets wrote: »
    Damn it looks like microsoft got wide to it, its no saying ''Registration Closed''

Hmmm I wonder why that was....:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Nice find OP!

Why someone would do this is beyond me. :rolleyes:

:mad:

Advertisement