Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Subscriptions and Microsoft Points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

so is mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

groomek wrote: »
    My paypal account is run from my credit card.
    naughto wrote: »
    so is mine

Didn't know I could top up using credit card. I just set up an acc there and when I went to "top up" it just gave me the option of paying from my bank acc. I'll have another look to see if I can figure it out.

Thanks lads.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

When it brings you to the paypal page does it allow you to pay without a paypal account using visa/mastercard down on the left hand side. Some sites allow you to do that and not need to login directly to Paypal to do it.

You can fund Paypal from a credit card no problem but it might take a while for your card to get added if you were to try do it tonight.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

LaVail wrote: »
    Didn't know I could top up using credit card. I just set up an acc there and when I went to "top up" it just gave me the option of paying from my bank acc. I'll have another look to see if I can figure it out.

Thanks lads.

You dont need to top up if its linked to your credit card, you pay through paypal and then the charges get charged to your credit card. You might need to add the card to it to be able to do this first thought but I cant remember how quickly that gets processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Axwell wrote: »
    When it brings you to the paypal page does it allow you to pay without a paypal account using visa/mastercard down on the left hand side. Some sites allow you to do that and not need to login directly to Paypal to do it.

You can fund Paypal from a credit card no problem but it might take a while for your card to get added if you were to try do it tonight.
    Axwell wrote: »
    You dont need to top up if its linked to your credit card, you pay through paypal and then the charges get charged to your credit card. You might need to add the card to it to be able to do this first thought but I cant remember how quickly that gets processed.

Thanks for the help. I see the options now :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Bought off Cheap XBL codes just there. When should I expect the email and I'm guessing they deliver to your PayPal email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

^you'll probably have received them by the time I post this, but usually within 20-30 minutes of buying, if not a lot sooner, delivered to your PayPal email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Didn't see it mentioned, if anyone is a Vodafone @ Home customer, you can get a 12 Months membership for €0 if you upgrade or are already on that package.

They send out the card by registered post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭dunworth1

are cheapxboxlivecodes sending them over the holidays?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

dunworth1 wrote: »
    are cheapxboxlivecodes sending them over the holidays?

I bought one as a last minute present yesterday (saturday) in the evening, so i cant see why not.
    I think its just an automated email you get out, not sent by an actual human.
    Although im not sure how successful you will be if you need to use email support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

They just asked me to send them my phone numbers to confirm that it is me.

Wtf?

They just asked me to send them my phone numbers to confirm that it is me.

Wtf?

yep you will have to do that first time alright

That's weird.
    Are they going to ring me?

That's weird.
    Are they going to ring me?

it was a while back but i dont think they rang me.

Grand grand, all cleared up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

I see that http://www.gamesnash.ie now have an email dispatch option for codes. Am I right in assuming that the code will be e-mailed to me?

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

You are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Does anybody know if there is an expiry date on codes you buy online? Thinking of buying 12mth live gold from cheapxboxlivecodes but wont need it straight away.

Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Its something like 10 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

degsie wrote: »
    Does anybody know if there is an expiry date on codes you buy online? Thinking of buying 12mth live gold from cheapxboxlivecodes but wont need it straight away.

Ta.

The 12 months will be added to the time you have left on the current subscription so no reason not to add it if you have a code.

Actually found when renewing mine today that amazon (29.97 sterling + free delivery if you can wait 3 or 4 days for it) were cheapest given exchange rates at the moment, they are absolutely aweful right now of you are buying in pounds :( €1 was £1.20 ish should have waited but sure needs must I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Anyone know anywhere the points can be bought with a laser card online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

gamesnash.ie ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Dunno how long these have been like or how long they will be like this but cheaper than ive seen in awhile .
    12 months £25.99
    14 months £28.99

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

I've been using Cheap xbox live codes recently and cant fault the service. Easy to use and received the code after about 5 min.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I've been using Cheap xbox live codes recently and cant fault the service. Easy to use and received the code after about 5 min.

There was one time i had an issue. Didnt get my code after about 40 minutes.
    Was worried because it was about 11pm and wanted to get the DLC that was being released at the time; the red dead zombie one.

Anyway, sent an email saying i didnt get the code and they replied with a proper email, not just automated within about 2 minutes. Couldnt believe it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Anyone ever use this crowd? http://gamecodesnow.com/

I am waiting for a code from tem for a few hours now

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

foxerv1 wrote: »

Any luck? I ordered something off them last week for the 1st time and had it within 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

mayordenis wrote: »
    foxerv1 wrote: »

Any luck? I ordered something off them last week for the 1st time and had it within 30 mins.
    Ya, just came through at 6.15. I wonder did my 2 emails and the threat of a chargeback help to hurry it up :P

I usually buy from cheapxboxlivecodes but was getting an unresponsive server all day :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Is the £32.95 for 4200 points on Amazon the best deal for points at the minute?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

kiddums wrote: »
    Is the £32.95 for 4200 points on Amazon the best deal for points at the minute?

http://www.cheapxboxlivecodes.com/cheap-microsoft-points/microsoft-4200-points/

Advertisement