Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS-132 Atlantis 14/5/10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Unfortunately Ynotdu with Bolden at the helm we'll struggle to get any dignity. For someone who's flown in these vehicles he's in an awful rush to see them go. Can't help but wonder what was promised to him to get him to rush through the end of the programme like this. We've seen current astronauts,former astronauts,KSC workers and mission management team all say how great the orbiters are and they'll be sadly missed. Bolden looks like the end can't come soon enough!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

lord lucan wrote: »
    Unfortunately Ynotdu with Bolden at the helm we'll struggle to get any dignity. For someone who's flown in these vehicles he's in an awful rush to see them go. Can't help but wonder what was promised to him to get him to rush through the end of the programme like this. We've seen current astronauts,former astronauts,KSC workers and mission management team all say how great the orbiters are and they'll be sadly missed. Bolden looks like the end can't come soon enough!:mad:

Well I think You know what MY feelings are about Bolden by now:mad:

May'be the next manned Launch vehicle should be called Traitor or brown envelope?

Payload bay doors have just been closed. Weather is still 50-50,line of showers to the North of KSC but they think they won't threaten the SLF.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

Shannon Airport is on the overseas emergency landing sites , if weather stays bad a KSC and Edwards may be just may be Her last flight could end in Ireland .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Wouldn't that be cool!

• Advertisement

Still optimistic on the weather at KSC,hoping the southward bound showers are slow and won't violate the SLF.

Shannon would be a last resort. They haven't called up Edwards yet,hoping to get Atlantis down to KSC today or tomorrow. If she ever landed in Shannon i'd be on my motorbike and breaking speed limits down the N7 from Dublin to get to see her!:D

Just over 40 minutes to de-orbit burn. They seem quite hopeful,they've given the crew a go to start 'liquid loading'.

Atlantis is most likely on her final orbit around the planet.:(:(

Polling is complete,IT'S A GO for De-orbit burn,Hold onto Your hats folks!:)

She's coming home!:):):):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

So lads, yes or no. Do you think you'll see her fly again?

flight plan for Atlantis's last ever landing{allegedly:)} I assume the 3rd one is if it is decided due to wind direction to approach runway 33 from the other end,In any case the 'Flying brick' is on the way HOME:)

ksc186a.gif
    ksc186b.gif
    ksc186c.gif

Making sure the SLF is ready.:)

http://www.twitvid.com/I5T3C

So lads, yes or no. Do you think you'll see her fly again?

I think it's her last flight personally for the reasons i outlined a page or 2 back in this thread.:(:(

thecommander, Yayyyyyyyyyyy You are going to watch her land as well:)

I also think this is Atlantis's final flight on balance.

Nice to see Charlie Hobaugh(Scorch) on Capcom,he was Commander on Atlantis' previous flight,STS-129.

Nice to Charlie Hobaugh(Scorch) on Capcom,he was Commander on Atlantis' previous flight,STS-129.

Where's My buddy Mike Massamino LL;)

and Beeker wherever You are there is an empty chair in this room without You:)

ynotdu wrote: »
    Where's My buddy Mike Massamino LL;)

and Beeker wherever You are there is an empty chair in this room without You:)

Mike will probably be on the ground pestering the astronauts when they land!:p

thecommander, Yayyyyyyyyyyy You are going to watch her land as well:)

Have it open on my second screen, keeping an eye on it. I'd love to see Atlantis fly again but very much doubt it will. Off to the Smithsonian or Intrepid in NY I'd say.

• Advertisement

Mike will probably be on the ground pestering the astronauts when they land!:p

it's his job!!!!!:D

Deorbit burn just started, No going back now

Good burn!:)

Good burn!:)

gay_byrne.jpg

Convoy on the way out to meet Atlantis. Hope they've loads of mops for all the tears that'll be shed.:(

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21764.0;attach=229161;image

gay_byrne.jpg

11m4aqx.jpg
    :):)

I see you've played before!!

Strange watching it land after seeing it launch over a week ago.

Convoy on the way out to meet Atlantis. Hope they've loads of mops for all the tears that'll be shed.:(

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21764.0;attach=229161;image

"Well well,Would'nt ya know",as you said about the convoy on 130 LL it's getting longer,looks like "one for everyone in the audiance"
    Collette reporting that She is yaw pitching and ROLLing it just fine.
    {hope Bolden if he is there is wearing a bag on his head:p}

"Well well,Would'nt ya know",as you said about the convoy on 130 LL it's getting longer,looks like "one for everyone in the audiance"
    Collette reporting that She is yaw pitching and ROLLing it just fine.
    {hope Bolden if he is there is wearing a bag on his head:p}

Roll it there Roisin!:pac:

• Advertisement

She'll be feeling the heat now!

Advertisement