Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS-132 Atlantis 14/5/10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

eilejh wrote: »
    Mr. Obama, we have a problem.

Give Senator Hutchison a call and see if she'll support Senator Nelson in getting congress to support STS-135.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭eilejh

I will do just that tomorrow when I get to work. I can say already that I am sure the answer is a resounding YES. She has sponsored many a bill for the Space Program. She is a great proponent of same.
    (This Texan is impressed with Double L's vast knowledge of Texas politics and partisanship lol.

U.S. Senator John Cornyn is with us also. I have to call him.
    Darn it-I wanted some firm dates for ordering those Texas Flags. Had my calendar ready.....

I will do just that tomorrow when I get to work. I can say already that I am sure the answer is a resounding YES. She has sponsored many a bill for the Space Program. She is a great proponent of same.
    (This Texan is impressed with Double L's vast knowledge of Texas politics and partisanship lol.

I've a big interest in politics,including US politics. I've seen Sen. Hutchisons name associated with the space programme before. It'd be great to see Republicans and Democrats combine for the greater good.:)

You are so correct Dub. John Kennedy was Democrat and he was such a fighter and a huge fan of Space Exploration. He was vibrant in his zeal ha ha. But of course, in today's political climate it is not anymore a question of Dems vs. Reps. It is in reality Liberals vs. Conservatives.
    I will do my part and send letters, e-mails etc. That is how the battle will be won now.

• Advertisement

Just gonna lob this in here rather than start a new thread. A rather eerie sky over West Dublin tonight.

P1020214.JPG

You are so correct Dub. John Kennedy was Democrat and he was such a fighter and a huge fan of Space Exploration. He was vibrant in his zeal ha ha. But of course, in today's political climate it is not anymore a question of Dems vs. Reps. It is in reality Liberals vs. Conservatives.
    I will do my part and send letters, e-mails etc. That is how the battle will be won now.

Like everything else in politics,there'll only be a reaction from elected officials if they think they'll lose the support of the electorate. I could write letters to every senator,congressman and woman and the President but some guy in Ireland who doesn't have a vote and doesn't pay US tax isn't going to make a blind bit of difference.

Unfortunately in the current climate most people don't really care about the space programme. It's seen as a massive waste of money with little return. That's despite many times the NASA budget having been blown in Iraq and Afghanistan over the last few years!!

That 'climate' of most people not caring about the Space Program has been reported for many a decade. Most people do not care about 'space' cause they don't understand it. In the end it was too much math and physics and science for them and they said 'hell no'. That is enough-they got scared. They want to deal with the here and now and on the ground by God.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

lord lucan wrote: »
    Holy Jaysus Beeker,you've done nearly as many miles as Atlantis!!:eek:

Hope your Dad's ok,and sorry to hear about your relative.
    :D Yeah the car needs an OMDP after that. Dad recovering slowly:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Just a quick log in before i even read the posts since i did so last.
    Beeker glad things are somewhat normal for You again!:)

Lord lucan, When it comes to Your baby Atlantis You just cannot manage a MECO can You? I have no worrie's now that the thread will die,You are on that Andrenalin rush again that kepy ya going for six months after 129!:D:D:D

ynotdu wrote: »
    Just a quick log in before i even read the posts since i did so last.
    Beeker glad things are somewhat normal for You again!:)

Lord lucan, When it comes to Your baby Atlantis You just cannot manage a MECO can You? I have no worrie's now that the thread will die,You are on that Andrenalin rush again that kepy ya going for six months after 129!:D:D:D

I'll keep this thread updated with Atlantis news and whats to become of her seeing as this thread detailed what was most likely her final mission.:cool:

I'll keep this thread updated with Atlantis news and whats to become of her seeing as this thread detailed what was most likely her final mission.:cool:

Well to translate Your signature to my best efforts from as Gailge to as bearla

I will stay on this line!;):)

Love these videos.:)

Great find there LL. Some smashing shots of the launch:)

Love these videos.:)

Hi,ya LL (i am still playing 'catch up':))

WOW to that video! during live events My ears are glued to NASA audio chatter,after the event i love it when it is all set to music for music has the power to calm the 'savage beast'
    Try as We all do We never find enough superlatives to describe the mission highlights!:)

I hope MAX-Q will bring out a video as good as the ones they have for other missions.Their tribute Vids to the lost astronauts are so thoughtful and sensitive!

Thanks a million for that fantastic video:)

Just gonna lob this in here rather than start a new thread. A rather eerie sky over West Dublin tonight.

P1020214.JPG

That Eerie photograph over West Dublin was Stargate trying to beam us in West dub into a Vortex!:)

SG hey We have not forgot You!!!!!

Alpha & Omega of Atlantis!

• Advertisement

STS-132 mission highlights from launch to landing.The picture quality if You click the full screen button is stunning!{most of it from actual camera footage rather than downlinked NASA TV coverage.

http://www.space-multimedia.nl.eu.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6023:sts-132-mission-highlights&catid=1:latest

Here's another new one with music for you Ynotdu.;)

I'd love these lads jobs!:D

I'd love these lads jobs!:D

Dream job!!:)

near the right edge of the frame. Arching from the Horizen on the right to the picture's left edge is a surprisingly colorful trail produced by space shuttle orbiter Atlantis docked with the International Space Station. Some 350 kilometers above Earth's surface, the orbiter and station pair are still bathed in sunlight.

iss_100517_ladanyi900.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Looking to download the launch in HD. Anywhere in particular I should be looking? Other than vimeo/youtube.

Looking to download the launch in HD. Anywhere in particular I should be looking? Other than vimeo/youtube.

Hi thecommander, try this link All live coverage are in HD but without a subscription google ads(on live coverage) make it unwatchable.

If the Launch is not archived yet it will be in HD soon.http://www.spacevidcast.com/

It is here in High Definition(seems to be only viewable if You have Quicktime player installed)which i hav'nt on the computer i am using at the mo.http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/hd/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

ynotdu wrote: »
    Hi thecommander, try this link All live coverage are in HD but without a subscription google ads(on live coverage) make it unwatchable.

If the Launch is not archived yet it will be in HD soon.http://www.spacevidcast.com/

It is here in High Definition(seems to be only viewable if You have Quicktime player installed)which i hav'nt on the computer i am using at the mo.http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/hd/

Will wait for the Nasa page to be updated. Want to get it and keep it.

Latest on Discoverys processing.
    Good news and bad news about 133, bad news is it is likely to be even further delayed.
    Good news is the manifest team want it to be a longer mission and add two EVA's for the installation of Leanardo as a PLM. up to now NO eva's were planned for this flight.
    http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2010/05/sts-133-discovery-right-oms-removal-launch-date/

• Advertisement

Will wait for the Nasa page to be updated. Want to get it and keep it.

If you download Realplayer SP you can download the videos like NASA's HD one that Ynotdu linked to. It allows you to download Youtube videos too.

Advertisement