Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Bit cruel of AlmightyCushion then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

if anyone is interested in that ebuyer bargain, I've got family in the UK who I'll get to forward it to you, if you cover postage obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I thought ebuyer would deliver here if you used google checkout, Have they stopped?

Yes, quite a while ago now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

I'm a bit speechless right now. That shopping cart using the coupons KearneyBob gave me actually went through. Just got these two for €60
    http://www.logitech.com/en-roeu/keyboards/keyboards/9214
    http://www.logitech.com/en-roeu/special-offers/closeout/laser-mouse-g9x

I don't even... and I don't know how to thank you enough man!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Xenoronin wrote: »
    I'm a bit speechless right now. That shopping cart using the coupons KearneyBob gave me actually went through. Just got these two for €60
    http://www.logitech.com/en-roeu/keyboards/keyboards/9214
    http://www.logitech.com/en-roeu/special-offers/closeout/laser-mouse-g9x

I don't even... and I don't know how to thank you enough man!

You need to give him something like this? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

haha, i want one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    if anyone is interested in that ebuyer bargain, I've got family in the UK who I'll get to forward it to you, if you cover postage obviously.

I'm just going to wait. SSD's are tanking in price, they have obviously started to hit the uptake percentage to justify discount volume sales. In one month, every 512gb will be as cheap if not cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭Nollog

Can one of you fellows give me a guide price for a DVD writer delivered?
    komplett seem more expensive than I remember...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

23 euro, I thought they'd have gone down in price rather than up by 10 euro in 4 years. :(
    Thanks though.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    23 euro, I thought they'd have gone down in price rather than up by 10 euro in 4 years. :(
    Thanks though.

That's 15 there for me.

€7.53 postage. :(

Hmm, thought they were free. Have a look on Amazon, postage should be lowish.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭pcadvice

daz801 wrote: »

can we expect ssd's to continue to drop in price or will they go back up for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

pcadvice wrote: »
    can we expect ssd's to continue to drop in price or will they go back up for some reason?

I can't comment in general, but I usually keep track of the price of the M4 on dabs.ie and it was a pretty good indicator of what was happening when SSDs began to fall.
    Recently I have noticed it slowly creeping back up in price, very slowly and very small amounts, around €5 in total over the last few weeks maybe. But if I was to buy an SSD I would definitely get one now!! And I would definitely get the Samsung 830 as it's soooo cheap atm.

Apparently the price drops were to boot out smaller sellers out of the market. The OCZ Petrol seems to be fading and Samsung + Crucial are some of the best and cheapest drives out there now. There's hardly any reason to go for other drives now. Unless Crucial and Samsung want to try to continue beat one another, they probably won't go down much further until there's more motive. Crucial seems to have eased off in the price reductions and Samsung looks to have won the battle for the lowest priced decent SSD.

Of course, this price war was a surprise shift in prices so you wouldn't know what may happen.

I'd say Samsung want to make their name well known in storage for SSDs since they no longer have their HDD division.

i decided to wait a little bit longer for nvidias next cards which were due this month i think before purchasing new pc, is it a bad idea to not get all parts from same place? or should i buy ssd from dabs now and rest of pc from hardwareversand?

last i heard on the cards they were delayed due to having too many 570's in stock, any update on this since?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

pcadvice wrote: »
    i decided to wait a little bit longer for nvidias next cards which were due this month i think before purchasing new pc, is it a bad idea to not get all parts from same place? or should i buy ssd from dabs now and rest of pc from hardwareversand?

last i heard on the cards they were delayed due to having too many 570's in stock, any update on this since?

You still haven't got one yet? :D

Might aswel wait for next gen m8 ;)

• Advertisement

It's certainly not a bad idea to spread out the parts. Whatever works out cheaper really. I've often ended up ordering from about three places as it works out cheaper, even with postage. I don't think you'll see any huge shock movements upwards in SSD pricing. You'd need a flooded factory or something for that.

Edit: Actually I hadn't seen this drive before, at this pricing anyway.
    http://www.dabs.ie/products/ocz-technology-128gb-octane-series-sata-3gb-s-2-5--solid-state-drive-848C.html
    €81 for 128GB!

Not a great drive or anything but it does put pressure on other ones and opens the door for further price reductions!

You still haven't got one yet? :D

Might aswel wait for next gen m8 ;)

havent really been online as much for good few weeks now so wasnt in any rush to purchase:cool:

i do need a new one as what i have is awful, i laugh when i read other posts of how bad/out dated people think their pc is but as i said im just not online enough at the moment:D

dont worry i wont forget you:)

Monotype wrote: »
    It's certainly not a bad idea to spread out the parts. Whatever works out cheaper really. I've often ended up ordering from about three places as it works out cheaper, even with postage. I don't think you'll see any huge shock movements upwards in SSD pricing. You'd need a flooded factory or something for that.

Edit: Actually I hadn't seen this drive before, at this pricing anyway.
    http://www.dabs.ie/products/ocz-technology-128gb-octane-series-sata-3gb-s-2-5--solid-state-drive-848C.html
    €81 for 128GB!

Not a great drive or anything but it does put pressure on other ones and opens the door for further price reductions!

yeah think i will just get the samsung 830 128gb as its a good price

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Monotype wrote: »
    Apparently the price drops were to boot out smaller sellers out of the market. The OCZ Petrol seems to be fading and Samsung + Crucial are some of the best and cheapest drives out there now. There's hardly any reason to go for other drives now. Unless Crucial and Samsung want to try to continue beat one another, they probably won't go down much further until there's more motive. Crucial seems to have eased off in the price reductions and Samsung looks to have won the battle for the lowest priced decent SSD.

Of course, this price war was a surprise shift in prices so you wouldn't know what may happen.

I'd say Samsung want to make their name well known in storage for SSDs since they no longer have their HDD division.

Very informative. I kno with my OCZ experience ( finally got a replacement 6 months waiting) I wont go near them again. Havnt taken the Crucial out of the box awaiting a replacement motheboard also.

I guess it might also have been due to the rise in pricing on normal HDD's, an opportunity for manafacturers to drop their SSD pricing to get more first time buyers and get more SSD's into the home PC. Wouldn't be outragous to assume as much.

I know I was happy with the limited amount of time my first ~SSD worked, that I went and bought a second one, to house games exclusively.

I know I will go 256gb at least for my next ssd. Will still keep my 60gb for os thought. Prices are really sexy lately. It's a shame 512gb still more expensive then 2x256gb...

Wow, you must be very eager for that 256GB SSD, Shadow!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Must be a real shame 512gb still more expensive then 2x256gb :pac:
    /copycat

My first ssd will be 256/512 minimum. Probably 256.

Damn sorry lads. My phone had a brain fart moment. Could mod delete those extra posts? :)

Damn sorry lads. My phone had a brain fart moment. Could mod delete those extra posts? :)

You can delete your own threads if you edit them :pac:

EDIT: posts not threads...

• Advertisement

Well the Samsung 830 128GB has gone down by €2 since yesterday!
    http://www.dabs.ie/products/samsung-128gb-830-series-sata-6gb-s-2-5--ssd-laptop-kit---free-norton-ghost-15-7SR9.html?src=2

Looks like they're still going down. I think we could still expect more drop if Samsung considers OCZ to be worthy competition.

Advertisement