Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

for anyone still on AM3, the phenom x4 965 is €100 on HWVS now. its a pity the 960T disappeared.

why am I still awake...

the 3570K retail boxed chip has dropped from 235e to 212e on HWVS, making it the same price as the tray.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

No rush on those SSDs IMO, only going to go down and down :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Seems like a great time to get a PC, its like everything is dropping in price!

Except graphic cards :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

SSD prices are dropping because the bigger companies are trying to force the smaller players out of the market. Not so good for the long term, but it does mean ridiculously low prices for now:

http://www.electronista.com/articles/12/04/25/price.drops.aimed.at.forcing.out.small.players/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

No rush on those SSDs IMO, only going to go down and down :cool:

Ye Im not sure what to do, get these or wait for a better cheaper drive, I have 20 euro off my next amazon purchase too...hmmm

I might leave these and save up for the 150e 120hz HD 3D hannsg monitor...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Another £3.77 off those SSDs, lol. Time they all came down ;)

According to their T&C it is not all purchases, only the following:
    SSD: MZ-7PC256D/EU (250GB), MZ-7PC512D/EU (512GB), MZ-7PC256N/EU (256GB), MZ-7PC512N/EU (256GB), MZ-7PC256B/WW, MZ-7PC512B/WW

Ah it only covers the 256GB and 512GB SSDs then. Still, pretty good if you want to get one.

deconduo wrote: »
    Ah it only covers the 256GB and 512GB SSDs then. Still, pretty good if you want to get one.

Took me a while to figure out where that quote came from. /slow

S23A700D is a great pickup with vat back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    shamelessly stolen from settings thread,

Crucial m4 128gb for £89 (plus a bit of Irish tax) so around €112 delivered.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004W2JKZI/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1

Kind of annoyed at this sort of thing, TBH. Bought mine less than a month ago for €160. Bah!

Well, time to upgrade to a 512GB drive! :P

I'm really annoyed myself. I bought a Samsung 830 a few weeks back for 160, thinking it was worth the small premium over the m4. had I bought the m4 for €20 less, I would definitely have bought this now for a killer raid0 setup for very reasonable money. I assume you cant mix drives in a raid array without some chance of error due to very different drive speeds?

I think it is fine but you are limited to the worse of the two drives speedwise. I believe if you put them both in raid you wouldnt notice a difference in speed and should just have them separate?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

hmmmm it all looks very weird... they are selling out all stock i guess. something new awesome on the way? i really want to get a 256gb one! need to resist ffs!

the 1Tb ocz octane if is of in a week, but its $3000!

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Won't be getting that for a while. Hopefully we'll have sub-€350 512GB drives by the end of the year. I don't think that's unreasonable at all, given current trends.

Crucial M4 down to 111 on HWVS. Going down like a tenner a week :pac:

256GB model is only about €210 now as well. It's ridiculous (but great for anyone buying a new drive).

Serephucus wrote: »
    256GB model is only about €210 now as well. It's ridiculous (but great for anyone buying a new drive).

On amazon?

239eu in komplett with free delivery...

FFs I need to resist!!! I need money for car!!! Fuuuuuuuu!

• Advertisement

€211 on HWVS with €19 delivery... :)

I need to stop checking this thread :D

Heh, you and me both. I'm really hoping for a 768GB SSD soon. Hopefully they'll get made, and not just right to 1TB.

Heh, you and me both. I'm really hoping for a 768GB SSD soon. Hopefully they'll get made, and not just right to 1TB.

i know that 1tb OSZ announced, but its price is just idiotic at best. 3k $ so it would be around 3k eu when it lands here with EU vats and eu rip off exchange rates.

so what can you do instead with 3k? buy a mobo for 500eu which was 5 million sata connections, then buy 5x512gb crucial m4s and get 2.5tb ssd+ bad ass mobo.

Now about 214 on aria with free delivery (although i have no idea if they deliver here or if it is free to here :p)
    http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Other+products/Crucial+m4+256GB+2.5%22+SATA-III+Solid+State+Hard+Drive+?productId=49441

Now about 214 on aria with free delivery (although i have no idea if they deliver here or if it is free to here :p)
    http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Other+products/Crucial+m4+256GB+2.5%22+SATA-III+Solid+State+Hard+Drive+?productId=49441

They do ship here but the free delivery offers are UK only. Also shipping prices are pretty terrible:
    • Eire
      Deliveries to Eire are charged at £26.95 for up to 5 kg. For parcels weighing above 5 kg, there is an additional charge of £2.30 per kg.

Jesus, how do they justify that...I can get clothes from america for 5$ delivery but from the uk 27£ on an ssd :p

Weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

hi guys,
    i need to get 4 gigs of ddr2 6400 ram and a 64-120gb ssd
    where would be the cheapest, its only for an old computer.

adverts.ie for ram, amazon.co.uk for ssds atm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

Advertisement